• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Work in Progress Basic Assist Macro (lua) 3

Download now:  Join us with Level 2 access or earn your way in with  RedCents.
Server Type
🏢 Live
When asking for advice for improvement on my BAM macro, one of the first comments was to make it a Lua instead as this would be an improvement in itself.

So I decided to give it a shot. And here is a running version of the Basic Assist Macro (for monks) converted into a Lua. I keep calling it a macro, however. (Because I am a grumpy old man and that is all I have to say about that!)

As with bam.mac, I uploaded bam.Lua here to get advice on improvements to the code, hints, and tips. This Lua is very custom-made to suit my own toon and play style and is probably not 100% useful as is for just "any other monk" out there. But with little effort, you could probably modify this code to suit your own needs.

For example, the script presumes that you have certain items, for example, like Epic 1 and 2, Swiftmantle for levitate and Cloudy Potions for invisibility. It uses hardcoded discs and alternative abilities at the level where I play myself.

Also, the "assist" part means that the script is made to assist YOU as a player (QoL), not "assist main tank" nor anything related to the /assist slash command.
Author
Soandso2
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. Big changes

Alright, this is long overdue. I made a lot of changes to BAM. First and foremost, I split the...
  2. All kinds of fixes

1) Removed Forage parts as the use of free standing MQ2Forage plugin is much more efficient. 2)...
  3. Bugs and minor changes

Added ability to keep levitating after levitate wears off, using Swiftmantle (instant click...
Back