• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
BAM (Basic Assist Macro - for monks)

Work in Progress BAM (Basic Assist Macro - for monks) 5

Download now:  Join us with Level 2 access or earn your way in with  RedCents.
Server Type
🏢 Live
So, I am fully aware that there are lots of super-pro-macros out there, and that there even is a dedicated monk macro (live or in progress, not sure) that does mega-advanced things like pulling and everything. This is not that. This is my very own macro, which I use everyday when I play. I wrote/maintain this because it is fun and because I want to learn and get better. I post this here because I like to get feedback and I am sure that there are lots of things that I do poorly or could be done better or improved upon.

As of this post being published, I have already received some very much appreciated feedback and assistance from RG moderators. Many thanks!

So, I play a monk and I never ever played anything else. But this macro is easily converted to any melee type character in EverQuest. What does this macro do?
  1. When starting the macro it takes 2 parameters. First one to see if I want to use long discs (those with the progress bar running down in the discipline window). Second one to see if I want to use Forage or not.
  2. I am iksar but I prefer the human model. So, the macro casts Human Illlusion (Vex Thal clicky) when the current illusion is about to fade. If the toon is in motion or otherwise cannot cast an 8 second long spell, it casts Skeleton Illusion instead (Amulette of Nercopotence).
  3. Whenever I start combat with a new target, the macro uses Begging once. Only once, because I do not want to lower DPS by turning attack on and off all the time.
  4. If monk aura is not up, it activates aura.
  5. If Rapid Reflexes is not up, it acticates Rapid Reflexes
  6. Then, if I am in combat it does Item Clicks, Abilities, CombatAbilities (and CombatAbilitiesLong) and AltAbilities.
Like I said, this is a new beginners macro, which is also very specific to my own play style. You might find it useless or possibly usefull in its entierty or in part. Feel free to comment, or suggest improvements or point out flaws or bugs. This macro also does other cute little things like telling you, not only that you got experience, but how much you have left "til ding". It also attempts to auto-mend if you go below 21% HP, it uses some monk item clickies (epic 1 and epic 2) as well as some higher level chest armor clickies. It displays skill-ups in the macro window.

I am currently lvl 110, and I modify this macro continously when I get new discs/alt abilities and clickies.
Author
Soandso2
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. Changed commands

The slash-commands /forage, /beg and /long were changed to /bam forage [on|off] /bam beg...
  2. Added commands

Instead of starting the macro with parameters for long duration discs and foraging, some...
  3. List experience gains

1) added MQ window messages for Experience gains (and AA experience) 2) added MQ window messages...
Back