• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
AlphaBuff

Utility AlphaBuff 3.4.1

Download now:  Join us with Level 2 access or earn your way in with  RedCents.
Software Requirements
MQ2Lua
Server Type
🏢 Live
AlphaBuff is the ultimate replacement for your default buff and song windows.
- Sort buffs by slot number, type, or name. Pin your favorites to the top and reorder them however you like.
- Missing favorites will be grayed out so you know what's missing.

"omg, why wasn't this thought of sooner? Genius! I think this will be a huge help for many people, so thank you." — psymorph
"Thanks so much for this, rawmotion. The dream of an all Lua ui is getting closer!" — WolfAwake
"Since my stroke, I need something like this. I really appreciate your hard work on this project. Thank you!" — Shadow

fav-songs-context-menu.png
30.png
32.png
1678962590257.png

Favorites:
Pin favorite buffs and songs to the top of the window. You can then reorder them however you like.

1677929920285.png

Favorite settings:
Choose how to display buffs that you've marked as favorites.

1678962423893.png

Show both
Show all buffs you've favorited
Only missing
Show only favs you're missing
Only active
Show only active favs
Disabled
Sort favs normally (un-pin)
Hide non-favorites
If you only care about faved buffs
1 show both.png
2 only missing.png
3 only active.png
4 disabled.png
1678962515523.png

Menus and actions:
Left-click on a buff to remove it. Right-click to get a context menu.

1677929795220.png

Color coding:
Blue
: Regular buffs
Turqoise: Short duration buffs (<20min)
Gray: Permanent buffs (>10h)
Red: Detrimental buffs

Duration:
Blue buffs stay at 100% until they reach 20 minutes left to give you a standard frame of reference. Halfway down means 10 min left.
Red and turquoise buffs start shrinking right away.

Settings:
You can show/hide the title bar for each window, lock the window, and adjust the transparency.
Toggle windows using /ab buff and /ab song

Enjoy!

Notes:
1. Because of the way the client provides data, I recommend that you keep the default EQ buff and song windows open. You can drag them to the very edge of the screen, so they're not visible. If you close them, AlphaBuff will still work, but the data updates will be less frequent, causing the duration bars to be less fluid.
2. The slot numbers in AlphaBuff will not always match those in the default EQ buff and song windows. This is merely due to how the client arbitrarily assigns slot numbers to buffs it gets from the server and has no practical implications.
Source Repository
https://github.com/rawmotion1/Alphabuff
[git] Automation options?
Yes
  • 31.png
    31.png
    379.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 33.png
    33.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 1678641177594.png
    1678641177594.png
    24 KB · Views: 8
  • 1678641262961.png
    1678641262961.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 15
Author
raw
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 7 ratings

More resources from raw

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. 3.4.1

Bug Fixes 🐛 - PlotHistoGram bleed Progress bar styles were bleeding out and refreshing every...
  2. 3.4.0

〰️Commits Should now work on EMU (3ecb170) ~rawmotion PR #...
  3. Updated binds

Added catchall help text to the /ab bind.

Latest reviews

Excellent work thank you!
Works for EMU! Rejoice!
The name is fitting. This is shaping up to be the set of buff windows to dominate the rest. They are super clean looking and highly legible. I'm looking forward to toggling off my native ui buff windows forever.
Great Lua - Highly recommend
I didnt know how much i needed it, until i got it. Excellent.
This is a great treatment of the buff and song windows. I love the color-coded duration indicators and the sortability. No more having to mess with various UI treatments; this is clear, readable, and very useful. Looking forward to future releases!
I recently had a stroke, nothing I tried regarding the regular UI really worked for me regarding buffs until this came along. SUPER HAPPY! Best script all year.
Back