• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Mage Pets Attack anything close even with pet hold on (1 Viewer)

RedCents
484¢
The title says it all. I box 4 mages. the 2 mages on free accounts, even when invised and NO macro running, their pets attack anything within 50 feet or so. I can't for the life of me figure out how / where to shut that off. This happes even if MQ2 is NOT LOADED, so it is an Everquest thing. My other two mages do NOT attack unless told to do so. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1. I have ghold turned ON
2. I have tested this with char invised and not invised, either way pet attacks.
3. Happens even without MQ2 loaded

tecteacher Do you have your Greater hold AA purchased, and if so, is it enabled on your pet's window? I know for my pet classes, it isnt there by default, i need to add it to the pet's window (right click on an empty slot in the pet's window) and then enable it (so the button appears depressed, and slightly different color, darker maybe)..

Only then does the pet hold until kiss or another mac tells the pet to engage a mob..

Yes, I have the AA on all mages, as does my wife. We have the button selected in pet window, and pressed. I have also tested this with using /pet hold command and the pet responds that he is holding, then he runs out and gets aggro when something wanders close to us. I saw something today on the EQ Forums about this so it is not just me, hence I am feeling a little better about life in general =).

you may want to check in your mq2melee settings, I haven't looked in awhile but I *think* there's options in there that could be sending your pet to assist before KA tells it to.

petassist, petdelay and petrange I believe.

Mage Pets Attack anything close even with pet hold on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back