• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Policy Rank: Creator (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,073¢
Pronouns
He/Him
In addition to our current ranks, we have one more:

Creator (not for sale) - PM Redbot

Perks:
  • Access to our private git repository.
  • Access to the Creator's forum.
  • Can double-post. (for making reserved posts in release threads)
  • A nice cloak.
    cof.png

Requirements
At this time, the Creator rank is for those who have written, updated, or maintained code in the last year, and their work has been enjoyed by the RedGuides community. (We may consider guide writers in the future)

If you've written or maintained a cool little macro or program and don't have the creator badge, please PM Redbot to apply. Please include in your PM:
  • A link to what you've updated/created, which shows several users have used it.
  • The date of the last update

But I can't write a macro or plugin, and I want access!

You can teach yourself to write a macro from scratch. It's a topic that has been discussed, and there are many guides. If you're comfortable with C++, you can help out the community with plugins.

But the easiest route, in my opinion, is to take an older macro or plugin and update it, fix it, or add a quick feature*. Macro script is usually easy to read for non-coders. Find something that needs a feature, or is out of date, and just tweak it and then maintain it.

We have an entire community ready to help you learn, use it!

After your macro, plugin, or program has been enjoyed by the RG community, PM Redbot for access.

*If you are forking someone else's work, ask the author for permission. If no response, please acknowledge their contribution.

Last edited:
Policy Rank: Creator

Users who are viewing this thread