• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

/zone and /warp modifications for GM Stealth (1 Viewer)

Tonka Trucks

RedCents
20¢
After considering everything I've posted and after a nice drive to think, I've wondered if it was possible for an addition in both the /warp and /zone plugins to have a GMCheck before the commands are allowed to continue to function. Even though this *could* create a headache to some degree from preventing a player from using these commands with a GM in the zone, it would still be a fail-safe check to make MQ's active hacks a little more passive, per se.

For the /warp, it would just be a simple :gmcheck (if GM then end). (Fail-safe for the idiots who can't put a GMCheck in their HUD).

For the /zone, it would have to be something where you were stationary in a zone long enough to collect the information from the client and check against a GM being present. Pretty much a pause after moving to next zone after zoning and then :gmcheck (if GM then end).

I know enough about C# to interpret it, but not enough to go writing or re-writing a macro or plugin. Forgive my crude attempt to write C# in this post too.

Simple suggestion that would put MQ users a bit deeper under the GM radar.

-TurkReno

<-- Like my suggestion? Pass along the Red Cent!

Well, per your own post earlier, I don't know if it would do much good, since the GMs that can do stuff generally arent visible to us, right?

But the simplest way to do this would be to add in an /alias that would do a GM check before executing the warp. Of course, MQ2 GM checks don't really do much of anything, but I suppose the illusion of safety is nice.

GM's can do things that we're completely unaware of, but if we don't bring attention to ourselves then that's one more way to somewhat save our respective asses and keep those who aren't on the radar off the radar (AND maybe even save those who are *on* the radar).

Until SoE decides that they're going to parse all of the logs serverside for MQ related command replies and time-in-zone parsings, then I don't see anyone losing any sleep unless they've been a complete idiot. Some proof that they attempt to prevent this massive database search is putting lockouts on instances. They simply don't have the time to go through the terrabytes of logs they have.

I guess I should say there should be modifications for commands such as /warp, /succor, /fade, /gate and /zone. The suggestion would be a preventative so that if a GM were actively in zone and watching logs for that zone. Even though a GM may be using their /hideme command in a zone, which is just like rogue sneak, we MQ'ers can still see them if MQ2GMCheck is up. With the modifications to the plugins implemented to prevent usage of these commands while a GM is in zone it definatly could be something that may help some players sleep better at night.

Either way, I guess my suggestion could be taken to say the least players could do is add a GMCheck into their hud that outputs "GM: None in zone" or "GM: GM IN ZONE".

Rich (BB code):
     //GM 
     GMInd1=3,5,105,255,234,8,${If[${Spawn[gm].ID},GM,]} 
     GMInd2=3,5,105,255,234,8,${If[${Spawn[gm].ID},,GM]} 
     GMInd3=3,120,105,255,25,0,${If[${Spawn[gm].ID},GM is in zone,]} 
     GMInd4=3,120,105,25,255,0,${If[${Spawn[gm].ID},,None In Zone]}

Rich (BB code):
GMIndicator=3,0,58,255,255,255,GM - ${NearestSpawn[GM]}

is the one I use.. doesn't tell you all the GM's in zone, only the nearest one to you.. works quite well

/zone and /warp modifications for GM Stealth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back