• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Zerker or Rogue (1 Viewer)

Giggles

RedCents
836Ā¢
So I have a bot zerker wich is great but, How much are the rest of you spending on axes? i was thinking now with this MQ2 of doing a second zerker but im not good at plat farming, am i better off just doin 2 rogues? i do have chances to get rot loot on Tov raid gear so i have the potential to be 2 raid geared previous expansion toons.

So I have a bot zerker wich is great but, How much are the rest of you spending on axes? i was thinking now with this MQ2 of doing a second zerker but im not good at plat farming, am i better off just doin 2 rogues? i do have chances to get rot loot on Tov raid gear so i have the potential to be 2 raid geared previous expansion toons.
are the axe components really putting that much of a dampen on your funds? a lazy afternoon of farming should net you enough money to last for axe components for a looong time

personally suggest zerker - but nothing wrong with rogues

well atm i only have 3 toons so most my money goes to mercs and axes, i think if i do a full day i spend like 15k just in components. plus well shit thank you sic, i just did the math and im spending over 3k an hour in merc upkeep. so 35k+ I need to get a full team up to speed.

well atm i only have 3 toons so most my money goes to mercs and axes, i think if i do a full day i spend like 15k just in components. plus well shit thank you sic, i just did the math and im spending over 3k an hour in merc upkeep. so 35k+ I need to get a full team up to speed.
f2p > mercs (and if you're not doing current expac stuff even better since you don't need to buy xpacs on those alts). fire those needy mercs for some real toons asap

Im with Sic... I run many zerkers, and thats never been a real killer on my funds.. The upside to rog is easy alliance and SoS2.. making the 3 poison vials for the 3 melee to proc it, cost more them axes..
I dont know a whole lot about rogues, i just know from gear links that there pants summons a poison

I dont know a whole lot about rogues, i just know from gear links that there pants summons a poison
The pants summons are rog only afaik.. so fine if your running 3 rogues and use the pants... However, 3 rogues is meh dps compared to 3 zerkers.. or 2 zerkers, bard and bst..

As a side note, can go wreck old off the path zones for TS and semi valuable vendor loot, make a easy 20k per hour, per toon (dont put them all in the some zone, waste of energy)

The pants summons are rog only afaik.. so fine if your running 3 rogues and use the pants... However, 3 rogues is meh dps compared to 3 zerkers.. or 2 zerkers, bard and bst..

As a side note, can go wreck old off the path zones for TS and semi valuable vendor loot, make a easy 20k per hour, per toon (dont put them all in the some zone, waste of energy)
i think i am going the zerker rout but I am just dumbfounded that when i see raid DPS parses Rouges are just killin it. Maybe that class is super dependent on real person running it and not mq2?

I just switched from zerker to rogue, I just find the rogue funner (and it's nice setting up/exploring a good camp spot with the rogue invis). I have a bard in group so that helps with all around dps as the rogue on max aa starts really crankin. But a low aa zerker beats a low aa rogue.

I'm going to disagree on this one based on personal experience. I have 6 zerk and 5 rogues in two areas of the same zone, and no matter how I mix and match them my rogues consistently come out on top. My rogues in 110 T1 ToV gear with no augs are commonly beating my zerks with CoV T3 gear, full augs and ToV raid weapons. I've been told repeatedly this shouldn't be the case, but that dps meter tells me different.
Add in the utility of grabbing corpses and being able to take 3 rogues virtually anywhere to drop a fire, and my zerks are starting to take a back seat to my rogues.

Edit: They're all 115 with max AA and using CWTN plugins.

@Ninjapickle
Zlandicar in 33s, 240.3m @7281238 | Zerk 74842k | Zerk 51491k | SK + pets 40382k {H} | BST + pets 34514k | Bard + pets 18118k | Shaman + pets 16434k | Jabarer 2439k | Jebekab 2061k

VS

Zlandicar in 62s, 221.9m @3578643 | Rog + pets 58074k | Rog + pets 51735k | Zerk 50937k | Rog + pets 48539k | War + pets 11798k | Clr 456k | Reverse DS 337k

Now I know the second group isnt optimized, both are roughly equal gear (all max AA's).. so zerker held his own, but rog were able to do about 835k dps vs his 808k based on rogue alliance im assuming.

i think i am going the zerker rout but I am just dumbfounded that when i see raid DPS parses Rouges are just killin it. Maybe that class is super dependent on real person running it and not mq2?

So when automatically running these classes it 100% depends on your setup and what you are using. Bard, cleric, shaman are all super easy to run with KA or RGmercs (not enough testing with CWTN yet). I run KA on my ber/rogue/monk when powerleveling but when I box for real I only use MQ2 for tagreting I fire my burns and AA myself. Iā€™ll tel you right now the highest I can remember seeing on KA is maybe 500-600k. When I do a burn on rogue or ber I can do over a miillion DPS easy. But thats because the burns for both these classes require a specific combo of Combat Abilities and AA for each burn sequence. Itā€™s super complex to program that in form what Iā€™ve seen.

From the little Iā€™ve read CWTN might do this better but I canā€™ confirm. Iā€™d be super curious for example what SIC does on Crusaders or Zlandi for DPS.

But yes solo playing rogue/ber you can maximize the DPS by firing correct skill squences. with KA only my monk has better overall sustained because their dps burns are simpler.

So when automatically running these classes it 100% depends on your setup and what you are using. Bard, cleric, shaman are all super easy to run with KA or RGmercs (not enough testing with CWTN yet). I run KA on my ber/rogue/monk when powerleveling but when I box for real I only use MQ2 for tagreting I fire my burns and AA myself. Iā€™ll tel you right now the highest I can remember seeing on KA is maybe 500-600k. When I do a burn on rogue or ber I can do over a miillion DPS easy. But thats because the burns for both these classes require a specific combo of Combat Abilities and AA for each burn sequence. Itā€™s super complex to program that in form what Iā€™ve seen.

From the little Iā€™ve read CWTN might do this better but I canā€™ confirm. Iā€™d be super curious for example what SIC does on Crusaders or Zlandi for DPS.

But yes solo playing rogue/ber you can maximize the DPS by firing correct skill squences. with KA only my monk has better overall sustained because their dps burns are simpler.
i've posted in various places

here is a typical zlandi
1613613306068.png

here is super-zlandi
1613613320662.png

here is the crusaders back in december - i'd do more now if i parsed it
Turn off burns to start
order:
1 - Charayan
2 - Susarrak
turn on burns for 3rd/4th
3 - Grendish
3.5 - bullshit flying guy
4 - Jortreva

1613613592373.png
1613613605029.png
1613613616961.png
1613613627669.png
1613613636057.png

Last edited:
Here is open world combined..

Combined: A brood hatchling in 2339s, 7,044.8m @3011882 | Zerk 2,116.0m | Zerk 2,073.8m | BST + pets 1,023.0m | SK + pets 887.3m {HH} | Brd + pets 515.8m | Shm + pets 193.8m | Labobn 120.3m | Jarab 114.3m | Reverse DS 565k

Combined: A brood hatchling in 10190s, 11,792.4m @1157249 | Rog + pets 2,730.1m | Rog + pets 2,606.9m | Rog + pets 2,604.5m | Zerk 2,543.6m | War + pets 1,068.9m | Clr + pets 193.7m | Reverse DS 44700k

I use CWTN on all but the bard. They are all good classes, and for min/max'n zerk x2, bst, bard, shm, sk is easiest (but not the only way).. just have to try out the classes, and make what works to your play style.

Also, despite 2348763 people talking about how bard boosts dps, my 115 bard with max AA did exactly 2 things for my dps: jack and shit. I can only wonder why I have such wildly different experiences than most everyone else. I don't care all that much tbh, I have something that works for me and keeps me happy so far, which is what MQ2 is all about for me.

Also, despite 2348763 people talking about how bard boosts dps, my 115 bard with max AA did exactly 2 things for my dps: jack and shit. I can only wonder why I have such wildly different experiences than most everyone else. I don't care all that much tbh, I have something that works for me and keeps me happy so far, which is what MQ2 is all about for me.
well you gotta have songs to match the damage you're looking to do. you need to have your AAs, and you need to have bard epic

also definitely give your setup a check that you don't have background fps set to min

here is a typical zlandi
View attachment 28318

here is super-zlandi
View attachment 28319

Turn off burns to start
order:
1 - Charayan
2 - Susarrak
3 - Grendish
4 - Jortreva

View attachment 28320
View attachment 28321
View attachment 28322
View attachment 28323
View attachment 28324

Im a little at a loss here because a normal response would be a 30-50s parse really is not a sustained dps, just look at a bard, no bards sustain that kind of dps same for shaman, sk. but has it come to named just get stomped that quickly? again im oldschool and even for regular named in an expansion fights lasted 2-4 minutes

Im a little at a loss here because a normal response would be a 30-50s parse really is not a sustained dps, just look at a bard, no bards sustain that kind of dps same for shaman, sk. but has it come to named just get stomped that quickly? again im oldschool and even for regular named in an expansion fights lasted 2-4 minutes
someone asked for parses for specific missions and i posted them. these are named encounters that i absolutely wtfexplode in that time frame.

Find me a 1 groupable mob that lasts longer and i'll get you a longer fight.

here is a typical zlandi
View attachment 28318

here is super-zlandi
View attachment 28319

Turn off burns to start
order:
1 - Charayan
2 - Susarrak
3 - Grendish
4 - Jortreva

View attachment 28320
View attachment 28321
View attachment 28322
View attachment 28323
View attachment 28324

Interesting. I need to level up a beast which Iā€™ll try on my recruit a friend account. Looking at this parse youā€™ve convinced me synergy of beast with 2 ber is better than 3 ber. I can hit 1.3 Or so but 1.8 is ridiculous. Appreciate the posts And I knew you had posted it I was just calling out that with MQ2 itā€™s all about optimization of KA or whatever you run. Not necessarily the class itself and some classes are far easier to automate then others.

That of course excludes CWTN which Iā€™m not familiar enough with to comment on.

someone asked for parses for specific missions and i posted them. these are named encounters that i absolutely wtfexplode in that time frame.

Find me a 1 groupable mob that lasts longer and i'll get you a longer fight.
100%.. most fights in modern content are based on mechanics not DPS. With enough DPS you can power through most of them, but Aaroyndar (sp) is one that DPS has little to no bearing on it.

The parses I asked for are some of the highest HP mobs and toughest group fights in current content.

2-4 minutes? What level are you at? I canā€™t remember last time I had a fight over a minute. Hell even a slow group I still average 120 kills or so an hour...

100%.. most fights in modern content are based on mechanics not DPS. With enough DPS you can power through most of them, but Aaroyndar (sp) is one that DPS has little to no bearing on it.

Actually ignoring the mechanics and burning Is exactl the easy way to run this mission. So I donā€™t quite get this comment. The last time i had to pay attention to mechanics was Icebound and even then the mechanic is to swap to the adds Not do anything nuts.

DPS solves almost all issues these days.

Actually ignoring the mechanics and burning Is exactl the easy way to run this mission. So I donā€™t quite get this comment. The last time i had to pay attention to mechanics was Icebound and even then the mechanic is to swap to the adds Not do anything nuts.

DPS solves almost all issues these days.
Well.. i havent done it with low? dps.. however, just running normal groups with no burns, all it is, is mechanics. Never once have i been like more DPS would make this easier.. its been *ok, everybody do the dance moves*..

Well.. i havent done it with low? dps.. however, just running normal groups with no burns, all it is, is mechanics. Never once have i been like more DPS would make this easier.. its been *ok, everybody do the dance moves*..

guess it depends on what type of dps you are running. Lots of people struggle to complete though because of a bad round or something happens. I know even with t2 tov raid gear Iā€™ve had an unlucky round kil by rogue/ber. Killing it faster means less chances for it to happen - having a longer fight means it can happen - so I just see dps solving all issues.

Lots of people struggling with this healing fine for the first 70-80% but then die. Is that a healing issue or a DPS issue? I see it as a DPS issue since they heal fine for all that time leading up to it.

but i guess itā€™s a point of view thing.

The parses I asked for are some of the highest HP mobs and toughest group fights in current content.

2-4 minutes? What level are you at? I canā€™t remember last time I had a fight over a minute. Hell even a slow group I still average 120 kills or so an hour...
I never knew this software ever existed and i retired 6 or 7 years ago i think the expansion of the time was the darkened sea. and i was manually pal, bard, zerk with mercs. i was able to box every named and mission at the time raid geared at the time.

I never knew this software ever existed and i retired 6 or 7 years ago i think the expansion of the time was the darkened sea. and i was manually pal, bard, zerk with mercs. i was able to box every named and mission at the time raid geared at the time.

Yep talking about entirely different games. I also boxed manually 6 box back then (ran mages / wizzies for dps). Like you no issue boxing all group content was a lot easier back then even in group gear. Most groupers hated TBL / COV missions (I love them).

well you gotta have songs to match the damage you're looking to do. you need to have your AAs, and you need to have bard epic

also definitely give your setup a check that you don't have background fps set to min
My background fps is set to 60 on 100% of my toons, I read about that awhile back. Also, the bard is 115 with max AA. I've used several different KA ini's and just never see an increase, so I just add a 4th dps and stuff dies faster for me. Shrug.

here is a typical zlandi
View attachment 28318

here is super-zlandi
View attachment 28319

Turn off burns to start
order:
1 - Charayan
2 - Susarrak
3 - Grendish
4 - Jortreva

View attachment 28320
View attachment 28321
View attachment 28322
View attachment 28323
View attachment 28324

impressive parses. Iā€™m taking like double the time to kill zlandi. 70 sec. I wonder if itā€™s just lack of hdex or Iā€™m missing something.

impressive parses. Iā€™m taking like double the time to kill zlandi. 70 sec. I wonder if itā€™s just lack of hdex or Iā€™m missing something.
game of inches - it definitely, definitely helps

with the cwtn plugins i also assistat 100, so im not waiting for my tank to do 2% dmg before everyone else joins in.

my toons are all group gear, don't even have rallos earring done or +accuracy 18/19s heh
sk is 2500 hdex, my zkers are around 2400, bst is 2300, and bard is 2300 (they're not all fully type 5'd)

but also keep in mind - its not always about just wtf-sloding the parse. enjoying your team > everything else. if you're able to meet your goals, then you're winning already

you can do it!

Question - Zerker or Rogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back