• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - "You have been disconnected" (1 Viewer)

RedCents
327¢
Hello everyone! I'm hoping someone here has some knowledge of the issue I'm experiencing though it may or may not be related to MQ.
I have read through several other posts of what seems to be the same or similar issue and none of what I found ever had a solution so I know
this may be a long shot.

The Issue: I'm randomly having my entire group or even singular characters when I only log one in kicked to server select with the message,
"You have been disconnected".

I'm not experiencing any internet issues and have contacted my ISP to verify this on their end and everything is working as intended on
my end of things as far as my router etc goes. (As far as I can tell)
Other games and services run with no interruptions.
I have not experienced the issue while not running MQ.
I am not playing on a true box server.

My group comp with CWTN plugins is SK, CLR, SHM, NEC, NEC and a BRD that I run with Muleassist using the MAUI Lua to manage it.
One recent attempt to pinpoint what is going on consisted of logging toons in one at a time and it wasn't until I got my second necro
logged in and in the same zone as the rest of the group including necro #1 that I immediately was booted to server select "You have been disconnected".
At that point I had SHD, CLR, SHM, NEC, NEC logged in and I hadn't got to the BRD yet.
I have also had this disconnect happen on a single character without any others online.

I do have autologin enabled and have a profile to log them all in at once. When I'm disconnected it will attempt to log me back in from server select which
more often than not results in a "login could not be validated" message.

Thanks for taking the time to read through I know it's a lot. If I can provide more information if there's something I missed and if anyone has any thoughts
or ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

Can't say that anything comes to mind right away.
I've had some interesting situations that result in disconnecting, like if you keep sitting down in lava you can be disconnected (Looking at you plane of fire in hunter mode!). Not really sure why.

Can't say that anything comes to mind right away.
I've had some interesting situations that result in disconnecting, like if you keep sitting down in lava you can be disconnected (Looking at you plane of fire in hunter mode!). Not really sure why.
lol repeatedly sitting in lava lead to a disconnect? That is indeed interesting.
Yeah this is killing me I haven't been able to do anything for the last two days haha.

Also the fact that it doesn't occur without MQ loaded suggested there may be an issue with your MQ that others are not experiencing. You can try the process of elimination by unloading plugins one by one and loading the toon in. I realize that's not an ideal method to determine you're issue, but if you can track down a specific plugin that is causing it, then we may be able to determine how to get you fixed up.

Alternately, unload all plugins, and then connect the character and load them one by one until you disconnect.

You can go to your MQ folder\Configs and find Macroquest.ini and find the [Plugins] section, and change note anything that is =1.
Then change it to =0
Then in game /plugin pluginname load each of the entries that were set to =1 that you changed to =0

Excellent I will give this a try.
It isn't a specific character. It is all of them unfortunately. I did delete my eqclient.ini and get a fresh one to no avail. I haven't tried deleting any UI files (speaking of UIs I'm not using the new UI engine).
Thank you for the suggestions.
Also the fact that it doesn't occur without MQ loaded suggested there may be an issue with your MQ that others are not experiencing. You can try the process of elimination by unloading plugins one by one and loading the toon in. I realize that's not an ideal method to determine you're issue, but if you can track down a specific plugin that is causing it, then we may be able to determine how to get you fixed up.

Alternately, unload all plugins, and then connect the character and load them one by one until you disconnect.

You can go to your MQ folder\Configs and find Macroquest.ini and find the [Plugins] section, and change note anything that is =1.
Then change it to =0
Then in game /plugin pluginname load each of the entries that were set to =1 that you changed to =0

Are you using a VPN? I have one and need to turn mine off for EQ. For me, it runs fine for 6-7 hours and then I get disconnect on all accounts...BUT I figured it out one day because my baz guy is on another computer that I forgot to load the vpn, and stayed connected everytime.

Are you using a VPN? I have one and need to turn mine off for EQ. For me, it runs fine for 6-7 hours and then I get disconnect on all accounts...BUT I figured it out one day because my baz guy is on another computer that I forgot to load the vpn, and stayed connected everytime.
I'm not currently, I have before with no problems and was considering trying it again if I can't figure it out otherwise.
Thanks for the tip on that.

I would check and double check and then triple check your autologin profiles.

It sounds like something screwy there (Easy to do) ie the profile for toon_1 and toon_54 may have same account name by accident. When you log one in - the other will disconnect.

I may or may not be speaking from experience. :)

Im experiencing similar issues after latest patch. I'm running 4 different pc's. one pc is running 2 toons. Zoning is super slow and at least one will crash to server screen when zoning in new expansion. Getting frustrating.
Logging into game has taken 3-4 tries sometimes. Get to server select, then pops back to Server Select saying need to reenter password and user ID. Sometimes get to Character select then get booted back to server select. VERY buggy.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your responses. Just giving a follow up.
1. It is indeed occurring without any MQ running so it doesn't seem to be related to MQ in anyway shape or form.
(1b) I did go through the process of unloading all plugins and reloading them 1 by 1 to help rule that out.
2. I have quadruple checked my login profile and it's tip top.
3. I verified that my MQ install dir is not connected to any backup service.
4. Oddly enough I get the most stability when using a VPN vs not using one. I still experienced disconnects with
a VPN but far fewer than without.
So it seems I'm down to EQ servers, internet issues that my ISP is not acknowledging or possibly something with
my network that I'm just unaware of.
Thanks again I do appreciate all of your suggestions and help.

Thank you all for your responses. Just giving a follow up.
1. It is indeed occurring without any MQ running so it doesn't seem to be related to MQ in anyway shape or form.
(1b) I did go through the process of unloading all plugins and reloading them 1 by 1 to help rule that out.
2. I have quadruple checked my login profile and it's tip top.
3. I verified that my MQ install dir is not connected to any backup service.
4. Oddly enough I get the most stability when using a VPN vs not using one. I still experienced disconnects with
a VPN but far fewer than without.
So it seems I'm down to EQ servers, internet issues that my ISP is not acknowledging or possibly something with
my network that I'm just unaware of.
Thanks again I do appreciate all of your suggestions and help.
If it is happening WITHOUT MQ, have you asked official EQ forums?

If it is happening WITHOUT MQ, have you asked official EQ forums?
Headed there shortly, I only just confirmed without MQ this morning.
I have searched on forums and have found other people with the issue
from years past but no resolution.
I'm on phone with ISP as well at the moment. Haven't had issues with
anything else big downloads streaming etc.

I agree MQ is fully NOT to blame in any regard for this issue I feel, and I apologize for the original insinuation.
I was just trying to give as much information as possible.
Sorry @ChatWithThisName I have validated files I just forgot to list it.
@Oldman66 interesting, it does happen to me in the new zones, but it also happens in GGH, GL, POK there's no escape!
lol
18 minutes into another test after going over some options with my ISP.
Thank you all again for your support great bunch of people here.

Been experiencing this for two months now and have just been putting up with it. It for sure has nothing to do with MQ, as my dad's character disconnects randomly, and he's never even had MQ on his computer. I have no idea on how to fix this. My internet provider says they cant see anything ususual on their end aswell.

Been experiencing this for two months now and have just been putting up with it. It for sure has nothing to do with MQ, as my dad's character disconnects randomly, and he's never even had MQ on his computer. I have no idea on how to fix this. My internet provider says they cant see anything ususual on their end aswell.
Sorry to hear, I know exactly how frustrating this is.

I didn't realize I had never come back and given a final update on my experience with this.

I live in a rural area and my only option for internet is the TMobile 5G Home Internet Gateway.

My local TMobile Store sold this knowing that 5G wasn't 100% up and running where I'm at.

This meant according to TMobile that there were "limited connections available" to the towers
for 5G. (Maybe a line of bullshit, who knows)

Long story short after about a month of talking with everyone I possibly could at TMobile it turns out that
my gateway kept disconnecting from 1 of 3 towers it had access to so it could reconnect
to another "as designed" to keep the most stable connection.

It kept bouncing back and fourth between 5G and 4G because of this, which would disconnect me from EQ.

This was happening as frequently as every 5min or less or up to every 30min to 1h.

Interestingly enough, the switch was so fast that I never got a disconnected from internet popup from windows or
literally anything else that I did. Other games were fine, streaming was fine, downloads big or small were just fine.

It was JUST enough to disconnect from EQ servers and make me want to Harmtouch TMobile.

After all of that it magically started working just fine and I've had no issues since.

I don't know if they lifted the restrictions on access to the towers in my area for 5G (if that's truly a thing)
or maybe just my account because I called them once to twice daily for a month.

Take all of this at face value as I am not knowledgeable in cell towers nor their operation or anything of this nature.
I'm simply taking TMobiles word for it as to what was occurring.

Hope this experience can point others in the right direction for their own connectivity issues.

Sorry to hear, I know exactly how frustrating this is.

I didn't realize I had never come back and given a final update on my experience with this.

I live in a rural area and my only option for internet is the TMobile 5G Home Internet Gateway.

My local TMobile Store sold this knowing that 5G wasn't 100% up and running where I'm at.

This meant according to TMobile that there were "limited connections available" to the towers
for 5G. (Maybe a line of bullshit, who knows)

Long story short after about a month of talking with everyone I possibly could at TMobile it turns out that
my gateway kept disconnecting from 1 of 3 towers it had access to so it could reconnect
to another "as designed" to keep the most stable connection.

It kept bouncing back and fourth between 5G and 4G because of this, which would disconnect me from EQ.

This was happening as frequently as every 5min or less or up to every 30min to 1h.

Interestingly enough, the switch was so fast that I never got a disconnected from internet popup from windows or
literally anything else that I did. Other games were fine, streaming was fine, downloads big or small were just fine.

It was JUST enough to disconnect from EQ servers and make me want to Harmtouch TMobile.

After all of that it magically started working just fine and I've had no issues since.

I don't know if they lifted the restrictions on access to the towers in my area for 5G (if that's truly a thing)
or maybe just my account because I called them once to twice daily for a month.

Take all of this at face value as I am not knowledgeable in cell towers nor their operation or anything of this nature.
I'm simply taking TMobiles word for it as to what was occurring.

Hope this experience can point others in the right direction for their own connectivity issues.
Just get Starlink and drop those cell phone garbage. Yes, its $600 for the equipment and then about $120 a month but the speed is outrageous. And for those of us who live in the country its far far better than any satellite, dish, or others. And no caps etc.

A lot of people who live out where I do have gotten it and they say it never goes out and can easily handle a lot of devices, traffic etc

I wish I could get it but its out of my budget and my dsl is ok........ I guess.

It even has a mobile option for those who travel in motor homes etc so you always have it.

Just get Starlink and drop those cell phone garbage. Yes, its $600 for the equipment and then about $120 a month but the speed is outrageous. And for those of us who live in the country its far far better than any satellite, dish, or others. And no caps etc.

A lot of people who live out where I do have gotten it and they say it never goes out and can easily handle a lot of devices, traffic etc

I wish I could get it but its out of my budget and my dsl is ok........ I guess.

It even has a mobile option for those who travel in motor homes etc so you always have it.
Yeah I'll have to look into Starlink again at some point.

Last time I checked though latency was an issue but that was more for competitive FPS type games.

I know latency is important with EQ though too.

Just to clarify also it's not run off my cell phone, *I do realize it's same towers the cell phones are using though* it does

have it's own gateway *essentially a router* that it connects with instead of using a phone as a hotspot.

Problem - "You have been disconnected"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back