• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Yet Another Boxing Group Comp Setup Thread (1 Viewer)

etherealmist

RedCents
2,481¢
I'm starting another thread because I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread. Anyways, I'm not really liking my current group comp, and with the ease of leveling characters into decent level range now that I have a few 100's I'm considering changing up my group dynamic.

Currently I have:
Monk 100/3500+ AAs
SK 100/4000+ AAs
Shaman 92/700ish AAs
Cleric 95/1000 AAs
Enchanter 95/1000 AAs
Mage 95/1800 AAs

I also have, and am willing to finish leveling:
92 Wizard/1000 AAs
92 Bard/1200 AAs
90 Ranger 1000 AAs

I'm also willing to level up any new class to better fit my comp.

Before I Krono and upgrade other classes to level 100, I kinda wanted to get an idea of a better group comp, as I feel (and it could very well be lack of either AAs, or my KISS could just be messed up) that my current group isn't that great.

The only class I for sure want to keep is my SK, anything else can be replaced.

My synergy between my shaman and cleric, as far as heals, is my biggest issue. Obviously Shaman and Cleric hots don't stack (and again maybe I'm doing something wrong). I'm sure I could adjust some things, but I feel the cleric so far does way better healing overall than the shaman, even at equal levels.

I did want that second healer, and the buffs the shaman brings are really nice, but I don't think it's serving its purpose as I have an enchanter slowing as well (while not has good, has the cripple built in). I was thinking I might level up a druid to help with healing duties, as well as bring another type of buff, along with ports (even though I have no issue currently with boxing my wizard for quick trips + campfire to bring the rest).

I'm preferring the enchanter over my bard (mezzing being way more reliable, auras), but it's not required.

I like my monk, its my main, but again, not required.

I think my mage is a beast, I really like having it in the group, I watch the parses on mobs, and it does really well on most mobs. I'd like to keep her too, but also not required.

Anyway, if you guys could toss me some imput that would be great. I plan to Krono and buy x-pacs for my complete group, so the current levels and AAs aren't a big deal. Tell me what you guys think!

*posting on phone*

I have a pretty much similar situation.

Have SHD, BST, MAG, SHM, RNG, BRD, ENC, WIZ, DRU and CLR I can use.

I wanna try SHD, MAG, WIZ, CLR, BRD and ENC/DRU or SHM.

Or loose BRD and get ENC plus DRU or SHM.

Too many choices and no clue what would be best for MQ2.

Currently I have:
Monk 100/3500+ AAs
SK 100/4000+ AAs
Shaman 92/700ish AAs
Cleric 95/1000 AAs
Enchanter 95/1000 AAs
Mage 95/1800 AAs

I also have, and am willing to finish leveling:
92 Wizard/1000 AAs
92 Bard/1200 AAs
90 Ranger 1000 AAs

i would drop the shaman for the wiz.
or drop the monk and chanter and have bard and wiz or ranger.

i use sk/enc/clr/ber.. then normally let 2 people join me or us 2 dps mercs.

if you find you need more healing you can all ways drop the real cleric out of grp and pop a merc for them named that are a little tricky.

If i understand it right, the only options are to change mnk/shm/cle/enc/mag for wiz/brd/rng.

In this case i would switch the shm for wiz, thats for sure. slow/haste/mezzes you have with the enc. You loose pather line and buffs. (very good buffs). You get ports and dps for this.
IF you are willing to spend the time, change the mnk for an bst. This way you get buffs back and some mana regen abilites (paragon line).

It took around 6 hours to get an char from 0 to 65/500 and one week AFK grinding to get the char from 65/500 to 92/1000, so you would not loose THAT much time.

- - - Updated - - -

Have SHD, BST, MAG, SHM, RNG, BRD, ENC, WIZ, DRU and CLR I can use.

I wanna try SHD, MAG, WIZ, CLR, BRD and ENC/DRU or SHM.

Or loose BRD and get ENC plus DRU or SHM.

SHD BST MAG ENC WIZ CLE

Is what i would use.

Tank / DPS+BUFFS / DPS+Utility / Haste+Slow+Mezzes / DPS+Ports / Heals+Buffs.

And for bosses which are hard, drop the enc and get an cleric merc into the group.

ATM i use SK/MAG/WIZ/ENC and the last 2 spots will be CLE + unknown yet. But the other boxes i need to add later, unfortunally Sony wants money from me for more accounts :)

SHD BST MAG ENC WIZ CLE

Is what i would use.

Tank / DPS+BUFFS / DPS+Utility / Haste+Slow+Mezzes / DPS+Ports / Heals+Buffs.

And for bosses which are hard, drop the enc and get an cleric merc into the group.

What about a Bard instead of an Enchanter? Bard adds a lot of DPS, but can't mezz as good as an enc.

What about a Bard instead of an Enchanter? Bard adds a lot of DPS, but can't mezz as good as an enc.

Same as i wrote allready, if the bard is on mezz duty you loose buffs. If you loose buffs, then you loose dps. I like bards, my main was a bard before i stopped to play the last time (that was, erm.. like 5 years ago).

So you have to decide whats more important to you, and what's your playstyle is. Do you afk a lot, and your macro pulls? Be prepared for adds in camp : Enchanter.

Are you slow with pulls, because you need to split mobs if you pull by hand, then you will better bring 2-3 and let the chanter mezz the adds.

Who pulls?

If you take bard instead of Chanter you loose manaregen buffs while pulling and also a good chunk of dps, because your buffs need 15 seconds before they run after an pull.

(The Chanter can pull, while the sk tanks and the rest of the group kills the mob).

It allways depends on your playstyle :)

Same as i wrote allready, if the bard is on mezz duty you loose buffs. If you loose buffs, then you loose dps. I like bards, my main was a bard before i stopped to play the last time (that was, erm.. like 5 years ago).

So you have to decide whats more important to you, and what's your playstyle is. Do you afk a lot, and your macro pulls? Be prepared for adds in camp : Enchanter.

Are you slow with pulls, because you need to split mobs if you pull by hand, then you will better bring 2-3 and let the chanter mezz the adds.

Who pulls?

If you take bard instead of Chanter you loose manaregen buffs while pulling and also a good chunk of dps, because your buffs need 15 seconds before they run after an pull.

(The Chanter can pull, while the sk tanks and the rest of the group kills the mob).

It allways depends on your playstyle :)

Yeah you are assisting me in two threads now hehe, thx for that btw =)

After reading this answer, I think I will go for the enchanter. Thx a lot for your input mate =)

Question - Yet Another Boxing Group Comp Setup Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back