• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

yay...new monitor...

Creed

RedCents
i finally got my new 19 inch lcd monitor...a big upgrade from my gay $60 sceptre 16*9 lcd that blew big balls...i can't wait to play WoW now...i bet it's gonna look so much better...full size and not stretched to 16*9 scale....YAY

not that anyone cares...was just excited...hooray for christmas

lemme know how it is.... im getting a viewsonic 19" with 4 ms response time here in a couple weeks

i have 2 NEC Multisync 1770GX monitors.. 5ms response.. i believe.. they are awesome..
the 19" woulda been better but best buy was out of them ... and now that i look back ..

these 17" fit perfectly on my computer desk... allows for my 21" monitor in the middle

so running 4-6 desktops is a breeze

8-)

GRATS on your new hardware creed

Any of you guys ever use 2 monitors on the same system?

Just wondering what some interesting uses for 2 monitors would be...

not me.. i use 2 computers for one monitor.. he he

but i have too many puters to have 2 monitors to one puter..

8-)

wow i feel kinda bad knowing that i have had a 19 inch LCD monitor this whole time while no1 else did.

Im spoiled i guess :D

darkeros said:
Any of you guys ever use 2 monitors on the same system?

Just wondering what some interesting uses for 2 monitors would be...

i found it most useful when having the reference pic or somehting on the other monitor and the modeling program on the primary, or photo editing, depending if you're making a mesh or skins.

Good idea.

Are you able to use both monitors as a separate gui? Like 2 screens using the same WINXP login, but having an open fullscreen game in one window while playing a movie in the other?

Havent really bothered yet as that would kill the in-game performance, but you can do that as long as you wont be "clicking" on teh other screen, as it will minimize the game to give priority to whatever you clicked.

My development machine used to have 3 17" monitors (2 video cards). It was awesome since I had a ton of screen space plus I was developing for 3 screens.

Right now I have 22" on my main machine and 17" on backup, plus a 15" lappy.

Everything is LCD, CRT was dead to me many many years ago :)

For developers screen space is like gold, every pixel counts :)

Creed you gonna love it :)

yay...new monitor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back