• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

yar' lir (1 Viewer)

ncthavoc

RedCents
Hey guys my guild has been trying to beat this pita, we are currently at the stage of farming tavi. But this SoB just hands us our asses time and time again. any help would be greatly appreaciated.

This fight basically ends up being a straight beat down. If you can survive Tunat in Tacvi this mob should be a walk in the park as the rampages are 1/10th what you get any where in Tacvi. Most of the time have gotten her down so fast she never even changes forms into the Matriarch and is about 30% when she changes into the Hurricane.

1. In her first form, everyone is the be on the SIDES of the mob, not front or back, only the MT will be in the front.

2. When Yar'Lir turns into hurricanes eye I believe thats when she does that 3k rain or some crazy AE. Everyone is to go in the eye of the hurricane ( UNDER ) her and disc her down.

3. When she turns into Yar lir the matriarch, this is when the Adds come and they need to be CCed/Mezzed right away.

4. Make very good use of MGB heals during this due to the weak rampage she does along with some AEs.

5. She hits hard but a tank cycle could be used if need be to help maximize defensive dmg during the event.

Shouldn't this go in the Q & A forum? Is it just me or are we having another rash of people who can't read the forum list? /sigh

Well I dunno, if I were new to the forums and looking for a strategy I figure theres a good change I would do something absolutely retarded and unacceptable like post in the "EQ1 Strategies & Cheats" section.

But then I always have been a bit slow.

buff cold, and take the AE in your face :)= it's worth to take it but have less adds, last time we had only 2 !

edit : don't fight/cc the adds, do it only if they aggro, most of the time they won't that way and will come back in the totems.

Czarman said:
This fight basically ends up being a straight beat down. If you can survive Tunat in Tacvi this mob should be a walk in the park as the rampages are 1/10th what you get any where in Tacvi. Most of the time have gotten her down so fast she never even changes forms into the Matriarch and is about 30% when she changes into the Hurricane.

1. In her first form, everyone is the be on the SIDES of the mob, not front or back, only the MT will be in the front.

2. When Yar'Lir turns into hurricanes eye I believe thats when she does that 3k rain or some crazy AE. Everyone is to go in the eye of the hurricane ( UNDER ) her and disc her down.

3. When she turns into Yar lir the matriarch, this is when the Adds come and they need to be CCed/Mezzed right away.

4. Make very good use of MGB heals during this due to the weak rampage she does along with some AEs.

5. She hits hard but a tank cycle could be used if need be to help maximize defensive dmg during the event.

Basically. Once you figure out how to dodge her ae, it's farm-time cakewalk. There's no excuse for anyone getting hit by ae other than many clerics in the cheal chain. If they're good, though, they can still miss it 90% of the time.

This fight is easier than a lot of the tacvi fights once it all finally falls into place for the first time.

ae during hurricane yeah, dunno what it is but you run under her and nuke, then run back out to walls for last form.
I will have to make note next kill...once you get it down though she can be killed in less than 4 minutes. I guess i should pay attention, I use 4 of her drops on my main :)

i honestly dont recall ever being hit by her ae at all, but i was already tacvi/anguish geared when DoN came out. we just leeroy it. the knock back is kinda lame but just dont stand near the door and you should be fine, occaisional mgb heal here and there and your gtg. mezzers on the adds if any and your golden.

Everyone shrink up and stay right under her belly. There's a sweetspot that you will never get thrown across the room if you manage to get in it. Also, you can easily hit her from her belly. We've farmed the crap outta this so many times I just stand behind her the entire fight. Have everyone under her belly so chanties can AE mezz when the adds come up. If everyone is under her belly, you also run little chance of cheal chain rot getting interrupted.

grunion said:
Shouldn't this go in the Q & A forum? Is it just me or are we having another rash of people who can't read the forum list? /sigh
No need to harass someone about it, if they are new correct them, bashing them only turns them into....people who sound like you.
Gnomicide_Unit said:
Well I dunno, if I were new to the forums and looking for a strategy I figure theres a good change I would do something absolutely retarded and unacceptable like post in the "EQ1 Strategies & Cheats" section.

But then I always have been a bit slow.
Good point Gnome. :)

I have taken down Yar`Lir, Kess, and Rikki more times than I can count. But have never really paid attention. Next time we raid them I will put together a detailed strat. for each kill so look for them to be stickied in the "STRATEGIES & CHEATS" section.

And another thing, doesn't seem like we are having a rash of self rightous, know it all posts, who don't know it all. Where else would you put a STRATEGY question ... pfft. Go police a crosswalk :cool:

I'd post a QUESTION in a question forum, and a Strategy in the strat forum, but hey, that's me. And I wasn't bashing anyone, I was attempting to inform him that perhaps the forum used wasn't the right one in order to prevent it from happening again. And if I'm not mistaken,it did get moved. But if you want to call me self righteous go right ahead, you don't know me, and I have never caused problems here before. If anything I am usually quiet and just read. To each their own. /shrug

yar' lir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back