• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - WTF? Script confusing 2 spells with similar names. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
289¢
I have 2 Lua scripts running:
  1. An offensive script, which casts Touch of Mujaki (a lifetap) on the mob.
  2. A defensive, which casts Touch of Death (a pet heal) when my pet goes low on HPs.
You will notice the similar name.

Well, I have observed many times how the defensive script casts Touch of Mujaki (not Touch of Death) onto the pet, which obviously is wrong.

I have triple confirmed that each script has the correct spell names, and I got both spells are memorized.

Is there any known issues when two memorized spells have similar names?

I have 2 Lua scripts running:
  1. An offensive script, which casts Touch of Mujaki (a lifetap) on the mob.
  2. A defensive, which casts Touch of Death (a pet heal) when my pet goes low on HPs.
You will notice the similar name.

Well, I have observed many times how the defensive script casts Touch of Mujaki (not Touch of Death) onto the pet, which obviously is wrong.

I have triple confirmed that each script has the correct spell names, and I got both spells are memorized.

Is there any known issues when two memorized spells have similar names?
You need double quotes around the spell name or it will only look for the first word:

INI:
mq.cmdf('/cast "%s"', mq.TLO.Spell(spell).RankName())

if a spell has a space in the name, it needs to be in quotes, or the cast command thinks only to look for the first word in the name and thne it just matches what ever has that part as first in the spellname

Problem - WTF? Script confusing 2 spells with similar names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back