• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

WoW jerkery! (1 Viewer)

Nightboomfer

RedCents
One fine day, I decided to stop by stormwind to check the auction house. Lo and Behold, as I walk through this bastion of the aliance, a voice hearkens unto me (and everyone else within /yell distance)
[player1]: HOW DO YOU GET UNDERNEATH STORMWIND?
I began to think. This person is not serious. Really, besides wallhacks and exploits, there's no legit way to get underneath stormwind. I'm thinking maybe I should test the waters and find out if this person is kidding.
[Marledia]: You have to dig starting from Elwynn Forest
Which, I assumed, would of course set off someone's BS detector. I mean, DIG? come on! Who would ever believe...
[Player 1]: Where do u learn to dig?
By Elune, he's serious. Time to mess with his head!
[Marledia]: Oh, it's a secret digging skill you learn from outlands.
[player 1]: oh. I can't go to outlands.

The tale ends there, or so I thought. Good thing I still have the Trade channel on, or I'd have missed this nice little epilogue to the tale.

[2.Trade] [Player 1]: WTB Port to Shattrath

The portal to shattrath appearing in the city meant that there it was. This guy was actually going to outlands to learn how to dig. a /who a few moments later confirmed my suspiscions. It also revealed an interesting little tidbit.
Level 40 Paladin.
Wow. 20, I could understand. 30 even. but 40? I did a double take.
So goes the story, but perhaps his story continues on. Did he petition a GM asking where the "digging trainer" was? Did he venture to honor hold to perhaps confront this nonexistant tradeskill merchant? We'll never know. But for now, perhaps, it was his hope, he wanted to BELIEVE there was a digging tradeskill, and fie upon the doubters.

It's still pretty funny.

derailed.jpg

Thanks for that, buddy. Boy, don't you love when stuff goes off topic after just one post? Of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't have changed the subject. :hi5: Heeey, why stop now? Post some chuck norris jokes! It's a party, asshole. Enjoy your topic derailment, buddy, I'm sure you'll continue to bring joy to all the good wittle childwen of the world by steering topics into a ditch!

derailed.jpg

Thanks for that, buddy. Boy, don't you love when stuff goes off topic after just one post? Of course you do, otherwise you wouldn't have changed the subject. :hi5: Heeey, why stop now? Post some chuck norris jokes! It's a party, asshole. Enjoy your topic derailment, buddy, I'm sure you'll continue to bring joy to all the good wittle childwen of the world by steering topics into a ditch!

Chuck Norris has made it into a Mountain Dew commercial because of Barrens chat. Seriously.

WoW jerkery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back