• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

WoW is...educational?! (1 Viewer)

Mageyoulook

RedCents
Today on my Chemistry test, I encountered the question "Bronze is an alloy of which two metals?" I immediately thought back to my Mining and Engineering days and wrote "Copper and Tin." :cool:

Has WoW been educational to you? How?

WoW is educational

WoW taugh me tons of sweet vocab words, like raiment. lol

See, I learned what Electrum was (an alloy of gold and silver) from too much EQ. I learned the Copper/Tin thing in 6th grade. I suppose I've been around too long (20 years, OMG) to be taught much.

Though Woodshelf taught me, in WoW, the meaning of sharing. Though he also taught me some of that in EQ.

It turns out I was also the only one in my class who knew what "sabatons" were when we analyzed an old english work.

The things that WoW has taught me

1. That 3 year olds CAN use a keyboard. However that does not mean they can spell correctly with words over 3 letters in length.
2. The average American teen-ager lives in their parents basement for 16 hours at a time.
3. That Blizzard certainly do NOT have a clue, and despite making over a bizillion dollars a nano-second with their game, they are unable or unwilling to hire more talent to fix the issue.
4. American youth is extremely violent, spoilt, socially retarded and suffering from ADD.

So in short... if the WoW player base constitutes to youth of today, who will be the leaders of tomorrow... then may God have mercy on us all!

WoW is...educational?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back