• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Worth getting 1.0 epics on 6 box? (1 Viewer)

xenoeq

RedCents
642¢
Greetings all, got to 55 on my new 6box yesterday - I know Sic's #1 rule is have fun, but would you recommend in this day and age getting epic 1.0 at the level range they are relevant? I guess in the time it could take I could easily be level 70+ but it also seems like it might be quite fun to do it, at least for some of the characters - Rogue seems a definite

What do you guys do? One thing I will add is that the highest level I've ever been is 65 (from back in 2001) and I'm in no rush to get to 110, 115 or 120 etc :)

Personally, the only 1.0 ive ever gotten is the cleric one, i mainly go for 1.5 - 2.0, and just do the pre-quest for the 1.5. i feel they get more use then the 1.0's now days. but that's just me, others may have different story's. In all honesty, as you have already mentioned, Just have fun, if you fancy doing the 1.0, nothing wrong with doing it, plus, it unlocks the ability to get their Epic appearance later through *an epic request* quest.

I get them just cause its like a right of passage.

But usually at a higher level to make it easier. At your level they would have some use for a while.

Also used them to get the Epic augments so I can have other weapons look like epics but I think that is old now as not many pay attention to weapon looks anymore

Then they go on the wall in my houses

Most have decent effects except the Druid one.

Stay away from the pre quest thing that allows you to skip the Epic.

Yeah if you get your epic 1.0 then no need to do the 1.5 prequests.

I skipped doing my 1.0 epics, I did several of them a long time ago and didn't feel like doing them.

Instead I've been doing some of the epic prequests and the 1.5 epics for my some of my 6 man team.

Working on my rogue one now and I usually do one, then I'll level up for awhile or do something else if it starts getting tedious.

I have been enjoying them though because it does take you around to different places and see some different zones.

I have been doing the epics for my characters. What I have noticed is that on the 1.0 epics some of them have a long wait time for some of the main NPC to spawn. On the 1.5 the wait time is not as bad but still there is a wait. I have noticed that on a few of the 1.5 epics is that there are errors while doing them. I had to send in a bug report on 2 of them to get a GM to give the item needed.

Zeb

I have been doing the epics for my characters. What I have noticed is that on the 1.0 epics some of them have a long wait time for some of the main NPC to spawn. On the 1.5 the wait time is not as bad but still there is a wait. I have noticed that on a few of the 1.5 epics is that there are errors while doing them. I had to send in a bug report on 2 of them to get a GM to give the item needed.

Zeb

I have also had to do this. Which is weird since the quests have been around for a long time now.

I like doing epics and with 110 toons was a breeze the big thing was waiting for spawns took me roughly about 48 hours of playtime to get my cleric their 1.0 -2.0 time will vary based on rng of spawns and drops. I want to go back and get the aug from the Theatre of Blood I think it is that everyone called the epic 2.5 back in the day. I just got to work on an events script for the sisters.

I like doing epics and with 110 toons was a breeze the big thing was waiting for spawns took me roughly about 48 hours of playtime to get my cleric their 1.0 -2.0 time will vary based on rng of spawns and drops. I want to go back and get the aug from the Theatre of Blood I think it is that everyone called the epic 2.5 back in the day. I just got to work on an events script for the sisters.

2.5 'aug' is from Demiplane of Blood, depending on class will be from a different T2 event

Yeah i'm taking a break on my rogue 1.5 right now. Working on getting the tradeskills up to the needed skills. I can only do so much tradeskilling before I get bored. At least it isn't as bad as in vanilla eq.

I started around that level with my 6 box group. I had a higher level guildmate help me with the bard. (I might never have found Eldrig the Old in Skyfire otherwise. I did all the rest on my own. Bard, cleric, sk, zerker x3. Since you’re in no hurry, i recommend doing them. A lot of love was put into those quests. you will learn norrathian history and see zones you might not ever wander in to. My team is now 85 with all their 2.0s and doing PoP flagging. I never did it in the past so it’s pretty entertaining. Good luck on them!

Question - Worth getting 1.0 epics on 6 box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back