• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Working EQ2 tradeskill bot (1 Viewer)

Racecar

RedCents
WARNING!!! Virustotal comes up with multiple trojans within this Zip File. WARNING!!!!
Use at your own risk - Siddin

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/...4f98fd9fb41cdfa9a06f9278d994acc173-1276318964

Firstly, I cannot claim credit for this bot. It is based on a script created by a member of the ACTools community. I have simply collected all of the necessary files, packaged them up, and figured out how to use it with the current version of EQ2.

Ok, this is the one we have been waiting for. A perfect tradeskill bot that can power you through the new tradeskill system while you sit back, drink a beer, and save your wrists.

The install and configuration is a bit complicated, so read everything and take your time.

Installation

The installation is fairly complicated, but nothing overly so.
  1. Unpack the zip attached to this post and put it somewhere on your computer. Note that the source is freely available on the ACTools website, I looked it over and everything seems legit.
  2. Launch the ACTool installer and follow all of the prompts.
  3. Open up the TS4.0.6 folder.
  4. Find your Everquest 2 directory on your computer and make a copy of the EQ2.ini file. This tradeskill bot will screw with your default UI settings and you will want this as a backup.
  5. Copy the contents of the top UI directory (the one with the subdirectory called UI + EQ2.ini) to the root of your Everquest 2 install.
  6. Move the hotkeys folder to the root of your c: drive.
  7. Load up Everquest 2 in windowed mode (press ALT ENTER), you will notice that your UI looks very funky. Go to a tradeskill machine (such as a workbench), and use the default action key on it. Take the window that opens (the recipe window) and move it to the very top left corner of your screen. The top left corner of the recipe window needs to match up with the top left corner of the EQ2 game window.
  8. Open up your skills tab, switch to tradeskills and sort by category. For the tradeskill you will be working on, put your highest three skills in the first 3 hotkey slots of your primary bar. The order of the colours (the Macro UI coloured each skill) should be Red Green Blue. Take your top two Durability skills and put them in slots 4 and 5 (if you aren't lvl 10 yet don't worry about this step). Close your skills window leaving the recipe window open.
  9. While EQ2 is running and you have the recipe window open in the top left corner, make one pristine item (so all 4 blue bars are filled, it can be a lvl 1 item) and run bluebarfinder.exe inside c:\hotkeys\. Hopefully it runs and tells you that all 4 blue bars were found.
  10. The installation should be complete. You are ready to use the auto tradeskiller.

Using the bot

Now that you have the setup out of the way, using the bot is simple!
  1. With EQ2 running in windowed mode, launch AC Tool. It can be found in \Program Files\AC Tool. Open up the Tradeskill macro file found in c:\hotkeys\.
  2. Make sure you have all of the compents for your items on you, and you have the machine you will be using targeted. Click the Start button in the bottom right hand corner of AC Tool, and say no to "use previous recipes".
  3. On the dialog screen that pops up, set your two spam keys to 4 and 5 (your two durability skills), and leave the rest of the sliders where they are. Look up the item you will be making based on the skill (found under Examine in the recipe window). If you can't find it, click the Circle in the top right hand corner and manually type in the exact name (ex// "Rune of Swarthy Distraction (Apprentice)" and choose the type ex// "Artificing").
  4. My advice would be to make 5 different items, make the first 4 all of quantity 5 or lower, and make the last one 30 or so. This will get you 5 different bonus experiences for creating pristines.
  5. Make sure the tradeskill device is selected in game, close any windows and click OK on the Tradeskill bot application.
  6. I would choose to create hotkeys the first time, then save them to the name of your skill type in the menu. Follow the onscreen prompts and sit back and watch the action!

I've used this to go from level 1 to 40 in a single day. I can confirm that this is working 100% with the new tradeskill system and is by far the best Tradeskill bot I have found. It will spam your durability skills when it can, and will press the right button to counteract negative effects. It makes pristines for me about 95% of the time.

I hope you guys enjoy this, if you have any problems (it is overly complicated the first time you use it) I will check this thread from time to time to respond.

Cheers,

Racecar

WARNING!!! Virustotal comes up with multiple trojans within this Zip File. WARNING!!!!
Use at your own risk - Siddin

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/...4f98fd9fb41cdfa9a06f9278d994acc173-1276318964

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also a read me file with this bot in html format iirc also you will need to copy and paste your recipe file over from eq2 folder to your hotkeys folder btw thats the name given to your bot folder by defualt.

This version of the bot uses the recipes file found in your EQ2 directory so you don't have to worry about copying it over.

There is a readme included with the ZIP. It's outdated and based on Pre-LU24 information, but it will get you most of the way there (or you could just read my post, it really is the abriged version) =)

What stage of the process are you seeing access denied? Is it when you try and run the actual bot, or when you are doing the bluebarfinder.exe?

Your hotkeys folder needs to be in:
c:\hotkeys

It's hardcoded to that directory.

i got bluebarfinder to work and i locked the window in place then when i go out to start the macro i select some recipe's and hit start and nothing happens. fixed the problem with the access denied

The window needs to be in the very top left corner. Did you copy over the UI files to your EQ2 directory? If so, your UI should look very funky.

Make sure you have the tradeskill device targeted, are running in windowed mode, and then start the macro. If there is a problem it will show up in the log tab. Could you paste what it says here?

kk i sure will :D at work atm but will post next time i get a chance.. i am running it in a window and the ui has the 3 funky colors and it was as far in the top left as i could get it.. maybe i will send yah a screenshot or somethin hehe thanks :D

works great thankyou

found the org. on a differnt website if it is ok with RED i will put the site here XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.com (waiting for the ok from red)
so we can all get updates as they update it

Last edited:
Almost have this one working. I'm not getting the colored hotkeys, and I have to manually start each combine. I'm guessing one has to do with the other.

Question: I had the tradeskill bot working perfectly, then it got buggy on me. After it gives me the message to make sure i have a crafting table selected, I select ok, then it doesnt run. If I look at the bottom left hand corner of the AC Tool, it gives me a message that reads "Stop line 3, loop 1" Do you know how I can fix it?

I have the bot running but I am having some issues as well. Even though I have ingredients to make a number of recipes, the bot appears to stop and my ingredients are locked. I have to zone out of the tradeskill instance and back in to unlock the ingredients. Are there some tweak settings that may prevent this from happening?

At times I can craft 30-40 recipes with no problems and other times I can craft 1-2 and my ingredients lock.

If you look at your inventory while you are crafting, whatever ingredients are being used, the background is red and you cannot move them. They are locked for the crafting process. Well, at some point during the macro, crafting stops and the ingredients stay locked. I have scheduled more combines than the macro finishes, yet I still have ingredients to make the recipe. The ingredients are locked and cannot be used for crafting again unless I zone out of the instance or camp and log back on.

That's a strange bug. Do the ingredients lock if you try and reproduce the same recipes manually?

Also, is it only for specific recipes, or for everything?

Heya, I have gotten it working as intended tot he best of my knowledge, it does everything its supposed to, most of the time, the only problem is it stops periodically.

I believe, although I havent paid enough attention to be sure but im pretty certain, it stops any time i dont get pristine.

Also, I dont know if this is normal or not, but I was having trouble getting blue bars to run properly, it kept not properly detecting it, either saying no blue bars, or more than 4 blue bars found. I had to move the window around a bit so that it is actually not perfectly square to the corner of my screen until I got it to a spot where it said something along the lines of Initializer.ini updated, without giving me an error like before. It did not however say anything like successfully found 4 blue bars or anything if it supposed to.

Other than that it works properly in that itll start a recipe, and spam my durability abilities and counter any problems that arise, as well as, at least on a pristine, start the next combine.

Any thoughts?

i followed the directions on how to install and use the bot.. but i keep getting this error when after i hit NO to use previous recipes... Error: RECIPES ("C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\cache\recipes") FILE NOT FOUND... ABORTING!... i know its probably bcuz i have my eq2 folder on a different hdd, i cant find where in actools to show the program where my eq2 folder is located.. i never install my games on the same hdd as windows just a habbit i have.. how can i correct it to show the program where my eq2 folder is located?

:confused: :confused:

NVM i got it to work.. i hate when my dyslexia gets the best of me LOL, anyways it works great.

:o :o

Last edited:
Hi, sorry this might be old thread, but when i tried this it said the tradeskill ui need to be reverted or updated to current client. It happens when i try and bring up the recipe window at the crafting station:confused: Oh and am I suppose to overwrite the ui folder with the ui folder in the ts4 folder? thanx

I dont see the eq2.ini file you are talking about. Could it be a typo or the name changed at one time or another?
Does this one still work?

Working EQ2 tradeskill bot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back