• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

With a macro/plugin, is it possible to define variables... (1 Viewer)

Stropfo

RedCents
With a macro/plugin, is it possible to define variables while in game? I don't really know how to make plugins, and only simple macros.. but if it is possible here is what I have to say. I wanted to make a rogue macro. I have a hotbutton to turn it on, and all it does is turns on attack, backstabs, disarms, then attack off, pickpockets, attack on. Sometimes I switch around my hotkeys, and I was wondering if you could have a command that asks you for the key like:

/squelch Please type in the number for: Backstabbing.
then when you type it in, it somehow changes something, maybe in an ini file, then it says
/squelch Please type in the number for: Pickpockets
and so on...etc...

There may not even be a command for this, and maybe there could be.

Thanks for your time - Stropfo

Yeah I have to say My rogue loves MQ2melee. Dreamthief if thats yours you my friend are a GOD! My rogue fights backstabs when he is in the rear evades pickpockets hides sneaks checks for treaps the whole nine yards all because of mq2melee. No sense in reinventing the wheel

Last edited:
It's not mine and I only recently discovered the godly goodness that is MQ2Melee :)

Up until a few months ago I was coding all the different things I wanted to happen into my macros. MQ2Melee takes care of all that stuff, it even helps casters (ie. auto back off during enrage).

One of the best plugins available for sure.

/declare PersonName string Local ${Param0}

or

/Varset PersonName ${Target.Name}

the more specific you get the better we can help you achieve your goals....

if you look at some of the other macros on this site or MQ2 site you will see 10000000 examples of how to declare variables... and the best syntax for them

ARmy

So in the macro file I can have a /declare? and then What? Is it the person that is targeted? or what... I just made a simple PL Macro for myself, and I would like to switch between characters sometimes. And it would be much easier just to type the name of the person that I am PLing.

every variable has to be declared..

but you can assign the value to the variable in the declare statement

or you can assign the value later on as a /varset statement

the best thing IMO without seeing the macro code....

you can also get info like

/mac PL toon1

and in the macro

/declare Name ${Param0}

then make a hotkey for each toon your switching between

/mac PL toon1

/mac PL toon2

there are lots of ways to do it .. but without code

we will be here for weeks tossing questions back and forth

ARmy

With a macro/plugin, is it possible to define variables...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back