• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Tech - WinEQ2.5 (Light or Pro version) crashing issue. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
Long time user of WinEQ2.5, but recently forced to use my laptop to play and was having hanging/crashing issues using it on the laptop (even from a new clean install).

Many other people were having the same issue.....

Not to get into details... but the culprit that was causing it to always crash when trying to load a character into world was the following:

TeamViewer 9.0 and 10.0

TeamViewer application is a professional app to both remote control and provide support to client computers/servers. I use it often to remote into family and friends computers and help them fix issues remotely.

Well.. long story short... exiting/unloading/killing the process for TeamViewer 9.0+ resolved the issue. It is a known problem with that particular application.

Interesting, I use teamviewer 10 without always crashing. I do crash sometimes when I have 6 or so instances of EQ running and all loading at the same time though.

Interesting, I use teamviewer 10 without always crashing. I do crash sometimes when I have 6 or so instances of EQ running and all loading at the same time though.

It happens more often with TeamViewer 9, and ALWAYS with TeamViewer 9 under Win 8.1 OS.

It has been documented on the Lavishsoft web site.

Interesting. I'll try disabling teamviewer (it's v10, and in windows 8.1) to see if the crashing while zoning goes away. I can just use RDP anyway.

Anyone have any experience with WinEQ2 crashes frequently when loading between server select and character select? Seems to happen to me if I choose a character and then click away from the screen without waiting 5-10 seconds. No Teamviewer installed.

Tech - WinEQ2.5 (Light or Pro version) crashing issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back