• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - WinEQ vs ISBoxer vs nothing but straight up MQ2 and eqbc (1 Viewer)

RedCents
72¢
So, I am really looking forward to reducing clutter on my desk with moving to Rizlona soon, it has been several years since I looked at WinEQ, I used to use ISBoxer and, well I do have 5 capable machines I coudl run EQ on but two powerful ones id rather run multiple toons on, so, given that scenario, any recommendations? I know old school you'd just have multiple copies of EQ installed, looks like wineq lets us avoid that. Just looking for options that have worked well for others I can test out this week.

Thanks in advance.

OH goodie, this thread again

I went from eq to wineq to isboxer to wineq to eq

The only reason NOT to use plain EQ right now that I am aware of....
  1. Ability to see multiple screens at same time, and organize those screens in grids/etc... (ISBOXER)
  2. Borderless eqgame windowmode (ISBOXER, WINEQ)
  3. Better hotkeys for switching windows (ISBOXER, WINEQ)
  4. Keyboard/mouseclick broadcasting (ISBOXER)

You do NOT need seperate eq dirs
my setup right now for 1-24 toons is just out of 1 eq dir with all the windows covering each other, i like the border so i can quickly see what toon I am on without looking at healthbars etc...

I HATE virtual eqclient.ini files, and am not aware of a reason to use them, it just makes organization/management harder

Virtual files are good if you want to turn down settings for your background characters without extra effort.

For example: My primary character has music turned on and every other character has music turned off.

OH goodie, this thread again

I did search before posting and thought it odd I had no results... oh well thanks for the response.

Lama, there a good thread for managing eqclient.ini socials, etc files without needing a full separate install? Ran across something in reddit but cant seem to find that right now too.

Question - WinEQ vs ISBoxer vs nothing but straight up MQ2 and eqbc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back