• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Window switch indication (1 Viewer)

BlackPlague

RedCents
60¢
Hi,

I've just installed MQ and have auto log in set and window switching done (2 box set up at the moment, more to come as I've just restarted playing EQ after many years break).

I'm in love with what this app can do already :)

My question is on windows switching. I've set the command keys and bound them to my keyboard keys (G1 - G5 on Logi G815). Window switching works perfectly, but is there a way to indicate somewhere a message (customized maybe?) of the window that is active so I know where the focus is and I don't press buttons for the wrong window?

It's not a biggie, more of a "I'm sure what window I'm on" QoL thing.

look at the window title of your EQ window :)

Yes, but it's not a great indicator. To be a bit more clear, I have two screens, one window on each, so I can quickly eyeball action on the non main screen. The second screen is in my peripheral vision, unless I turn my head to view the detail directly. What would be nice is an indication on my main window (or on my main screen) of the currently active window without me having to turn my head and check I have the correct window in focus. When I set up a 3rd (and 4th box possibly) they will likely be on the second screen with some window overlap.

Barring any way with MQ to do it I'll just write a listening app that reports the currently active EQ window. Simple enough.

Yes, but it's not a great indicator. To be a bit more clear, I have two screens, one window on each, so I can quickly eyeball action on the non main screen. The second screen is in my peripheral vision, unless I turn my head to view the detail directly. What would be nice is an indication on my main window (or on my main screen) of the currently active window without me having to turn my head and check I have the correct window in focus. When I set up a 3rd (and 4th box possibly) they will likely be on the second screen with some window overlap.

Barring any way with MQ to do it I'll just write a listening app that reports the currently active EQ window. Simple enough.
Omce you get used to the way you have your setup, the automation tools you have chosen... you won;t need to swap to look over so much to other characters. There are some things that can help minimize that as well like BoxHud.

Omce you get used to the way you have your setup, the automation tools you have chosen... you won;t need to swap to look over so much to other characters.

Most likely. As I said, it's a QoL thing.

One other question while I'm on the subject of window swapping. Any way to get the mouse cursor to be active in the focused window?

Question - Window switch indication

Users who are viewing this thread

Back