• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Why is my KA_info "ignore mobs" Not Working? (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
Is anyone else having problems with this? It's happening to me in GMM right now, at several different spots.

I'll edit my KissAssist info file to include just a few mobs in the MobsToPull list, then my puller will sometimes just pull those mobs, but most of the time he'll also pull random mobs.

It's very strange. Even if I go in and tell the KA.info file what to ignore, my puller won't listen to it in GMM.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Have you changed the filename of kissassist?

Are there any ` you're mistaking for ' in mob names?

Nothing appears to be changed or renamed as far as KA goes. Here's what the KA_info file looks like for GMM:

[Gnome Memorial Mountain]
MezImmune=List up to 10 mobs. Use full names i.e. a green snake,a blue tiger,a wide eye ooze or NULL
MobsToPull=a clockwork guardian, Ambassador of Loving
MobsToIgnore=List up to 25 mobs. Use full names i.e. a green snake,a blue tiger,a wide eye ooze or NULL
MobsToBurn=List up to 10 mobs. Use full names i.e. Beget Cube,Helias,Raze or NULL
PullPath=Place holder for path file. Not yet impletmented.

I'm only trying to pull Ambassador and his PH, but my puller has been switching between obeying orders, and pulling everything.

Nothing appears to be changed or renamed as far as KA goes. Here's what the KA_info file looks like for GMM:

MezImmune=List up to 10 mobs. Use full names i.e. a green snake,a blue tiger,a wide eye ooze or NULL
MobsToPull=a clockwork guardian, Ambassador of Loving
MobsToIgnore=List up to 25 mobs. Use full names i.e. a green snake,a blue tiger,a wide eye ooze or NULL
MobsToBurn=List up to 10 mobs. Use full names i.e. Beget Cube,Helias,Raze or NULL

I'm only trying to pull Ambassador and his PH, but my puller has been switching between obeying orders, and pulling everything.

IIRC
no space between the names Beget Cube,Helias,Raze not Beget Cube, Helias, Raze

Edit: Also I have a few entries for GMM

[Gnome Memorial Mountain] <--- regular zone
Gnome Memorial Mountain_I] <--- pick?
[Gnome Memorial Mountain: Under Assault_I] <--- Mission

I went ahead and deleted all of the GMM's except the original one. I also took the spaces out of the mobs in the KA_info file and still nothing!

I can not figure this one out. I think I'm going to try messing around with it in some different zones, then report back if I'm still having problems.

Thanks for the responses everyone

I went ahead and deleted all of the GMM's except the original one. I also took the spaces out of the mobs in the KA_info file and still nothing!

I can not figure this one out. I think I'm going to try messing around with it in some different zones, then report back if I'm still having problems.

Thanks for the responses everyone
Delete every entry for GMM and see what new entry it creates for GMM when you run KA. I just happened to notice a new entry created for a zone I've been in recently. It should not have created a new entry, but it did, so maybe something with the 11/20 patch is altering zone names.

The same thing is happening to me. I patched with the first patch from 11-20. When to a new zone (Morell castle) added a few of the Quest NPC's to ignore everything worked. 11-21 patched to the second patch from 11-20 would try to attack everything on ignore.

Ok I found a solution!

I followed @ctaylor22 's advice and did /zoneinfo while KA was running. It created a new zone in my KA_info entry.

I already had an entry called [Gnome Memorial Mountain] , but at the very bottom it had created a new entry called [Gnome Memorial Mountain_1] I believe.

After I put my settings into the new zone everything worked! I'm sure you could accomplish the same thing by deleting all the old zone files you have like someone suggested, but have not confirmed that method.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Ok, I'm really losing my mind now. My pulling is working better, but it's still broken. I've patched several times now, deleted all GMM KA_info files, still broken.

Here's what I'm seeing:

My KA_info file,

MobsToPull=a clockwork guardian

Pull settings,

[Pull]
PullWith=Conflagrant Longbow|Ethereal Arrow
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=75
MaxZRange=10
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0

My summarized EQBC,

[+r+] [15:55:06] PULL: The MQ2Nav mesh for Gnome Memorial Mountain is loaded [+x+]
[+r+] [15:55:06] PULL: Using MQ2Nav to Pull with Conflagrant Longbow|Ethereal Arrow [+x+]
[+t+] [15:55:14] PULLING-> a clockwork guardian <- ID:18891 at 45 feet. [+x+]
[+y+] [15:55:16] TANKING-> a clockwork guardian <- ID:18891 [+x+]
[+w+] [15:56:04] *****gained an AA, now has 17 unspent [+x+]
[+r+] [15:56:05] ****** DPS: 2,416 [+x+]
[+t+] [16:00:04] PULLING-> Waiting 5 seconds for mobs to respawn. [+x+]
[+t+] [16:00:14] PULLING-> Waiting 5 seconds for mobs to respawn. [+x+]

x30

[+t+] [16:00:04] PULLING-> Waiting 5 seconds for mobs to respawn. [+x+]
[+t+] [16:00:14] PULLING-> Waiting 5 seconds for mobs to respawn. [+x+]
[+y+] [16:00:20] TANKING-> an Iron Legion helper <- ID:18579 [+x+]
[+r+] [16:01:07] *****DPS: 6,929 [+x+]
[+y+] [16:01:12] TANKING-> an Iron Legion friend <- ID:26292 [+x+]
[+r+] [16:10:04] ******DPS: 857 + Pet = Total: 864 [+x+]
[+y+] [16:10:06] TANKING-> an Iron Legion helper <- ID:5138 [+x+]
[+t+] [16:16:06] My Endurance is 2% time to med. [+x+]

My tank will pull and kill a clockwork guardian, then wait for several minutes, then randomly start attacking mobs not on the pull list, like an Iron Legion helper, an Iron Legion friend, etc. It's not a problem with faction aggro, because I'm friendly with all the robots.

Anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong?

@Noob001 & @ctaylor22 don't worry about it guys. After some more experimenting, I think I the way I was using the KA_info file with that many mobs was fundamentally wrong. Thanks for all the advice though, here's to hoping we never talk about this again!

@Noob001 & @ctaylor22 don't worry about it guys. After some more experimenting, I think I the way I was using the KA_info file with that many mobs was fundamentally wrong. Thanks for all the advice though, here's to hoping we never talk about this again!

I know it's been a while but can you clarify your solution? (If there is one)

I have been on the verge of pulling my hair out trying to make the ignore list work. All I do, is use the /addignore ${Target} command, as instructed, and it appears to work (adding the target to the list) but my puller just keeps targeting it. As a matter of fact, it's so frustrating because even stopping kissassist and re-starting it, doesn't stop the puller from immediately targeting that mod again, regardless of anything else in proximity... Like it's perma-locked onto that target for some reason.

Any help is appreciated.

{edit}
So, after posting this, I went ahead and killed the target it was locked onto... Then re-started the macro.

Now everything appears to be working. I even waited till the puller took off after a new mob, and added it the the ignore list before they attacked, and the puller immediately returned to camp and targeted a new mob.

Dunno what that could have done to fix it. But it appears to be.

Last edited:
@RogueDeus ok if this is the correct situation, then I think I was misunderstanding the .info file.

I was thinking that if you’re in an area and you fill out the pull list with mobs, then it will ONLY pull those mobs. I also thought the opposite with the ignore list. For example, it you have a certain mob in ignore then it won’t be pulled.

I found out later that in crowded areas you need to have both ignore and pull lists filled out to help KA narrow things down. At least that’s what I remember

Question - Why is my KA_info "ignore mobs" Not Working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back