• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Why are my augments giving me red / orange and tan stats? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,545¢
So I got a new Aug, put it in my Chest slot, and it seemed an upgrade (I used the built in tool check, all lit as green for Heroics). The new aug is the type 5 in the pic, upon installing it, it showed orange/tan and red colors for some stats. Maybe I have simply never seen this before or don't understand if some stat is maxxed, hence RED. Can anyone explain for me please. Thank You!
1646607891634.png

Solution
Positive (green) and negative (red) stats depends on your the Purity on the item which is affected by the Power Source equipped.

Purity by itself does nothing. In order to benefit from it, players must first equip a Power Source

How much positive and negative stats depends on your the Purity on the item (including Purity from augmentations). The Purity stat can be seen as a percentage, meaning that having 100 Purity on the item vs. having 50 Purity will double the stat benefits.

So if you take off that power source then all should go to green.
That's usually the colors you see when you have a power source equipped.

So I got a new Aug, put it in my Chest slot, and it seemed an upgrade (I used the built in tool check, all lit as green for Heroics). The new aug is the type 5 in the pic, upon installing it, it showed orange/tan and red colors for some stats. Maybe I have simply never seen this before or don't understand if some stat is maxxed, hence RED. Can anyone explain for me please. Thank You!
View attachment 38544

Positive (green) and negative (red) stats depends on your the Purity on the item which is affected by the Power Source equipped.

Purity by itself does nothing. In order to benefit from it, players must first equip a Power Source

How much positive and negative stats depends on your the Purity on the item (including Purity from augmentations). The Purity stat can be seen as a percentage, meaning that having 100 Purity on the item vs. having 50 Purity will double the stat benefits.

So if you take off that power source then all should go to green.

Solution
Hey guys,
Thanks... I sorta kinda knew, but never thought it out I guess (and/or just accepted). I should pay more attention to those.
This is what I had, so I see now, where the negative stats were coming from making those red stats. Bought that in the baz, I need to find a good one or tradeskill something.
1646680217394.png

Bought that in the baz, I need to find a good one or tradeskill something.
View attachment 38559
That *is* the tradeskill one, and 2nd best tier of power sources at present. The only tier higher are drop only and come from ToL named mobs. All of current power sources have some negative stat. It's a trade off and there are 4 varieties of power source at each tier with different pluses and minuses.

Question - Why are my augments giving me red / orange and tan stats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back