• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Which is the version of MQ2 should I be using as of today? (1 Viewer)

robkey

RedCents
190¢
OK, after the patch....massive frustration has set in again..Someone just tell me what version should I be running? Because it's not working now....hangs on EQBCS is not connecting.....Should I use Legacy or Live and is the patch update available for MQ2
You guys allows say use the new version "Next" why don't you just name the latest version NEXT

I'm going to delete and reinstall everything...hopefully it will work....Is it now working after the patch?

OK, after the patch....massive frustration has set in again..Someone just tell me what version should I be running? Because it's not working now....hangs on EQBCS is not connecting.....Should I use Legacy or Live and is the patch update available for MQ2
You guys allows say use the new version "Next" why don't you just name the latest version NEXT

I'm going to delete and reinstall everything...hopefully it will work....Is it now working after the patch?
MacroQuest - Live in the launcher.

It is OFFICIAL! MacroQuest is the version of MacroQuest that we offer here at RedGuides.

You will see this with "MacroQuest - Live" in the RG Launcher.

Please, check out this link: >>> Functions & Features Demo + Migration to the new MacroQuest<<<

There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuest:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases
6. your ini configuation files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder

there is no such thing as legacy for live/test servers any more.

eq is now a 64 bit program, and legacy is a 32 bit program

It is OFFICIAL! MacroQuest is the version of MacroQuest that we offer here at RedGuides.

Please, check out this link: >>> Functions & Features Demo + Migration to the new MacroQuest<<<

2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
6. your ini configuation files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder
Thanks Sic

The working name of the current version of MacroQuest while it was in development was "Next" -- we didn't name it "Next" because it's just MacroQuest. But because we had that name while we were in development, a lot of people (myself included) started calling it MQNext to differentiate between what is now the "legacy" version of MQ (MQ2). But now it's the only one, so it's just MacroQuest.

shooting star GIF

Hi Sic, thanks for your help...I have MacroQuest running now....but the EQBUS server is starting hung on the waiting for port 2112 again. So I did a /plugin MQ2BCS and it said it was running.... so I did the command with the 127.0.0.1 and it connected my toon and said the EQBCS is connected and listed my toon. I then did the /bccmd set autoconnect on and it said it was on....then I logged off and then tried to start EQBCS from the launcher screen...still no luck....any ideas?
you're welc

keep in mind, this 64bit transition is absolutely HUGE, and there are a few bugs that are going to take a little time to get sorted out.

so thank you for understanding, all of us really appreciate it.
OK got MarcroQuest running for my toons...they log in automaticly. But

Hi Sic, thanks for your help...I have MacroQuest running now....but the EQBUS server is starting hung on the waiting for port 2112 again. So I did a /plugin MQ2BCS and it said it was running.... so I did the command with the 127.0.0.1 and it connected my toon and said the EQBCS is connected and listed my toon. I then did the /bccmd set autoconnect on and it said it was on....then I logged off and then tried to start EQBCS from the launcher screen...still no luck....any ideas?

OK got MarcroQuest running for my toons...they log in automaticly. But
You have to leave the eqbc server running

When I log on Red Guides update all the plugins....it still says the eqbc server is running....but still hangs at the waiting for 2112 port...then I manually log into it....but I never had to manually log into eqbc Very Vanilla did it for me....it's a pain in the ass to manually load 6 toons....

When I log on Red Guides update all the plugins....it still says the eqbc server is running....but still hangs at the waiting for 2112 port...then I manually log into it....but I never had to manually log into eqbc Very Vanilla did it for me....it's a pain in the ass to manually load 6 toons....
it isn't hanging - that is what it should show as it is waiting for you to connect to it.

> here is an example from the eqbc thread <

if you're having issues or not liking eqbc, i'd recommend using dannet instead

The working name of the current version of MacroQuest while it was in development was "Next" -- we didn't name it "Next" because it's just MacroQuest. But because we had that name while we were in development, a lot of people (myself included) started calling it MQNext to differentiate between what is now the "legacy" version of MQ (MQ2). But now it's the only one, so it's just MacroQuest.

shooting star GIF
I think you should start calling it MQ64 now so we can all be 100% cornfused. 🌽

Question - Which is the version of MQ2 should I be using as of today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back