• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Which is the better gaming pc deal? (1 Viewer)

Intel Celeron E1500 2.2GHz 800MHz 512K LGA775 CPU

who puts a celeron into gaming pc...

both configurations suck ass and you could get lot better for teh money.

If you could tell me how much you wanna spend I'd give you configuration to look for.

or you just want a fancy box?:D these PCs would play new games as well as my shoebox.

I'd say go with the AMD if your only have a choice of the two.

What game you planning on running that uses the Quad? You can probably find better machines that are dual core instead.

Well AMD sort of lost they edge.. Now they are still cheaper but they are also slower. I general they are the same amount cheaper they are slower..

The Intel you linked however suck big time. It have a L2 cache at only 512 Kb (yeah not even 1MB) so every threat dead you get will kill your gaming xp (and trust me that will happen). So I would go for the AMD too if you have to take one of the two, it have 2MB L3 (yeah L3) cache this will make it way more stable.

Now you need to know that the two computers you linked would not normally be sold as gaming computers, I think that they only call them that cos of the casing they are in.

The Intel one would in my world be sold as a computer for ppl that just need to check e-mails, word and home banking.

The AMD would be, in my world, be sold to a small business or to a student that need to run programs that use multicores (math programs, vector-grafic programs stuff like that).

My 2cp: find another computer thats not cased in something shinning.. And if you cant live with a computer that is not shinning then buy a case for it =)

I use this computer for gaming atm:
2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1066MHz frontside bus
6MB shared L2 cache

24-inch (viewable) glossy widescreen
1920 by 1200 pixels
4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
640GB Serial ATA, 7200 rpm
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256MB of shared DDR3 memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 256MB of GDDR3 memory

Yeah it cost 1.799,- but then I have everything in one computer screen drive all. And i dont have to have a stupid box standing there looking like crap =)

Quality beats quantity everyday...

- decker

Go through TigerDirect and build it yourself. You will save a TON of money. Here's what I was able to put together through months of saving and some help from supporters here, all for right around $1000:

Intel Core i7 @2.66 ghz
ASUS P6T MB
1tb HD and a 750gb HD
Windows Vista x64(Upgrading to 7 in October)
12 GB of RAM
2x XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512mb running SLI
USB Wireless G Network Adapter

Already had a monitor/printer/keyboard/mouse

I can run anything, and I mean ANYTHING, on high or ultra settings. Plus plenty of room for any game I could possibly want. If you build it yourself, you could EASILY get a GREAT computer for $500-600, but I wanted mine to last me at least 4-5 years without having to upgrade. You can build a Dual or Quad core pretty cheap, there's just a couple hours of work involved, and if you're willing to put in the time, go through TigerDirect (or New Egg is pretty good too). Just my 2cp.

500.00 Even~ (including shipping) sadly this is my budget, dam and I thought the 499.00 choice was a solid gaming pc for the price. Guess not.

Abyss ... give us your budget and let's see what the community can come up with ....

Also do you already have Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor (and operating system)?

Check out http://www.magicmicro.com/ decent place decent prices. Only draw back is the shipping. I've used them in the past for clients I've consulted with and they like them for the sheer fact that they assemble and test each PC before shipping. They also sell barebones or complete systems, etc.

if you dont worry about the stuff on your pc rather buy 2 smaller HDDs then 1 big. you can stripe em up and win some speed. have backups tho :)

ill post my configuration later. but with the money u can get dual core, ati 4850, 4G ram is enough etc.

Question - Which is the better gaming pc deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back