• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Where to get augments? (1 Viewer)

Ravers

RedCents
80¢
Hey guys, so I got a group to 110-112 and Im trying to find where I can get augments for their gear. They have none whatsoever atm. Im playing on Test and they have all have a set of Snowbound armor. Im running a Shadowknight, Zerker, Beastlord, Shaman, Enchanter, and Mage. Any suggestions on where to find some or farm some?

Type 3, type 4, type 5, type 3 type 7. type 8, type 18, type 19? There is a lot of augs, since your saying snowbound, ill assume type 5 and type 7/8. Just about all named from TBM+ have a rare chance to drop a type 7/8 aug. so open world, or mission farming. Mission farming, while gives lockout, gives curreny for type 5s. type 18/19 drop in TBL open zones named (type 18), type 19 drop off raid trash.

Just about all named from TBM+ have a rare chance to drop a type 7/8 aug.
Nah, there are specific named from each expansion that drop type 7 augs.

@OP, For ToV, CoV, ToL and NoS, there are 3 tiers of augs that come from specific places, and there are 4 varieties of aug per tier. So that amounts to 12 augs per expansion or 48 augs over the last 4 expansions. CoV has 2 bonus T1 augs, so the total should be ~50. However, there are some lore group conflicts so no one character will be able to loot all of them.

T1 augs come from rare spawn named mobs in T1 zones, primarily the outdoor zones in each expansion. They come from specific named mobs so you need to look them up on EQResource. In fact, before I keep typing, I'll just say that all of this information can be found on EQResource.com. ToV also has a chance to drop it's T1 augs in the 2 missions that are classified as T1. This is unique to ToV because in the later expansions, all missions are classified as T2 and thus do not drop T1 augs. CoV has 2 extra T1 augs that don't follow the 4 main varieties.

T2 augs come from rare spawn named mobs in T2 zones AND group missions at the T2 level. CoV, ToL and NoS have 4x T2 missions and 0x T1 missions while ToV has 2x T2 missions. It's much faster to run missions to collect these augs.

T3 augs are tradeskill crafted and require a dropped component that is specific to the expansion. The dropped component is commonly referred to as "ore" and is a NO DROP item. It is also the same drop component that you use to create T3 armor and gear. So just grab a few extras per character to make augs. Missions have a guaranteed chance to drop an ore except for NoS. NoS has a specific aug component that comes from the Mean Streets mission. So collect the ores on each character then head to the Research tradeskill station to make the containers. The containers are tradeable so you may also find them in bazaar.

Each tier has 4 varieties denoted by a naming convention:
- "of Billiance" is a high mana/end, low HP/AC, ++hWis/hInt, +hSta
- "of Vigor" is high HP, low AC/mana/end, ++hStr, +hSta
- "of Adroitness" is moderate AC/HP/mana/end, ++hDex/hAgi
- "of Security" is high AC, low hp/mana/end, ++hSta, +hDex

Only T3 has those actual suffixes in the names, but each tier follows the same cookie cutter format I just listed. T3 is a couple points higher than T2 which is just a couple points higher than T1 in a given expansion. Lastly, for each tier/expansion, the "of brilliance" and "of vigor" varieties are are on the same Lore Group, which means that they conflict with each other and you will not be able to have both on the same character. The other varieties are just Lore, instead of Lore Group.

Type 5 augs also have 3 tiers per expansion but have more varieties, one for each main stat and then a "balanced" variety that has equal quantity of each heroic stat.
- T3 is crafted the same way that Type 7 augs are crafted. T3 augs are Lore, you may get 1 of each, but if you're trying to pump a specific heroic stat, you'll only grab 1 or 2 of these per character.
- T2 is come from missions or dropped by specific T2 named. T2 augs are Lore, you may get 1 of each, but if you're trying to pump a specific heroic stat, you'll only grab 1 or 2 of these per character.
- T1 is vendor purchased with an expansion specific currency that comes from completing missions in the expansion. T1 augs are NOT Lore, you may have multiple copies of this aug.

You can cover 4 slots per character with the augmentations that your mage can summon. My KissAssist config file has a line Buffs10=Cauldron of Countless Goods|Me that summons every time it's up. Before you know it you'll have bags full of these augs. Eventually you'll upgrade them with the ones your mage can cast at 120 via Buffs21=Cauldron of Endless Abundance II|Me.

You can cover 4 slots per character with the augmentations that your mage can summon. My KissAssist config file has a line Buffs10=Cauldron of Countless Goods|Me that summons every time it's up. Before you know it you'll have bags full of these augs. Eventually you'll upgrade them with the ones your mage can cast at 120 via Buffs21=Cauldron of Endless Abundance II|Me.
yep, and conflagrant augs can help a fresh no-aug toon too since they're plentiful and cheap

Question - Where to get augments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back