• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Where should i focus my team? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
314¢
Hey gang,
I've seen similar threads but nothing recent and specifically relevant to my situation so I'll ask my own. I've been back playing now for a couple years and have been using mq2 for a while. I'm not seeing the kill speed I think I should be seeing and I'm wondering what it is I'm missing. I'll give ya the facts and maybe some kind people can give me some advice and direction.
I play on Test
I have waxing on everyone and a mix of blood and ice gear
not much for Augs (mostly worried about the Sk getting them and none of them are great)
Everyone has around 40-60k aa's
I've been using the following for a 6 man:
120 Sk / 120 Shaman / 120 Druid / 120 Mage / 120 Beast / 120 Ranger
I also have a 120 Chanter and a 98th lvl Cleric I could swap in instead of one or two of the other classes. (yeah I'd have to lvl the cleric)
I have a variety of 85 heroics that I can work on to eventually make a better group build as well

I can hang in ME ok and I've killed a few named there but my kill speed just rotts. I jumped into the TOFS and the light blue skellies died easy enough but made my hp bar move up and down way faster than I was comfortable with. How important is Progression as far as making your tank tougher? Should I just focus on starting that in COTF and build the SK up better?
If I win the lottery, I'm flying Sic to my house to set me up properly! Thanks for reading and happy hunting!

Hey gang,
I've seen similar threads but nothing recent and specifically relevant to my situation so I'll ask my own. I've been back playing now for a couple years and have been using mq2 for a while. I'm not seeing the kill speed I think I should be seeing and I'm wondering what it is I'm missing. I'll give ya the facts and maybe some kind people can give me some advice and direction.
I play on Test
I have waxing on everyone and a mix of blood and ice gear
not much for Augs (mostly worried about the Sk getting them and none of them are great)
Everyone has around 40-60k aa's
I've been using the following for a 6 man:
I also have a 120 Chanter and a 98th lvl Cleric I could swap in instead of one or two of the other classes. (yeah I'd have to lvl the cleric)
I have a variety of 85 heroics that I can work on to eventually make a better group build as well

I can hang in ME ok and I've killed a few named there but my kill speed just rotts. I jumped into the TOFS and the light blue skellies died easy enough but made my hp bar move up and down way faster than I was comfortable with. How important is Progression as far as making your tank tougher? Should I just focus on starting that in COTF and build the SK up better?
If I win the lottery, I'm flying Sic to my house to set me up properly! Thanks for reading and happy hunting!
progression is useful for ensuring you have the best group mount, familiar, and illusion (tbl) you can get - these are pretty important.

big issue many folks run into is running to 120, not having AAs that would match being 120, and being without augs.

rushing to 120 can really hurt you, so definitely take some time and work on those AAs while you grind camp those Augs

progression is useful for ensuring you have the best group mount, familiar, and illusion (tbl) you can get - these are pretty important.

big issue many folks run into is running to 120, not having AAs that would match being 120, and being without augs.

rushing to 120 can really hurt you, so definitely take some time and work on those AAs while you grind camp those Augs
Kinda what I was thinking. Thanks Sic.

This is a bit of a strange grp. Half Melee/ Half Caster. Not sure it would really work.

If you kick Ranger or Druid and replace with Enchanter does it boost your dps?
If you use a Gamparse or something like that - what sort of numbers are you getting?

There are a lot of good augs made from TOV/COV/TOL Ore make sure you get ALL of them on your SK.

A Quick search on EQ Resource gives you a shopping list - Get as many as you can and your survivability will increase massively.

1651965329173.png

Question - Where should i focus my team?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back