• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - When to replace EoK Wurmslayer on tank? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
12,067Ā¢
At 115 do you guys still run the group version of Honed Wurmslayer on your tanks? I still have my warrior setup to use wurm/shield on pulls or named, then dual wield wurm/chase weapon to clean up camp. Do the newer, higher AC weapons do better these days?

I read the Cleric buff line "Shining XXX" is same mitigation slot the Wurmslayer, so for my cleric healer groups I've dropped wurm for chase weapons.

I don't have access to the raid version. Not enough playtime to get a pickup raid.

I only use wurmy for doing weird stuff where there will be a bunch of ankle biters --- the TBL prince ralifan missions is an example

I agree with Sic. While I donā€™t have ToV and my tanks are still 110, I have not used mine in a long time. My warrior dual wields, exclusively, even on named. All My tanks use the TBL weapons for their particular class. (Secret dawn or whatever they are called).

Yeah this is kind of what I'd figured. I'd dropped mine on my SK/cleric combo and only broke it out for powerleveling. I was curious if any sham/dru healer groups still found it useful as they don't get a mitigation buff.

I grabbed this in Bazaar for 110 war - Bloodmaw's Axe of Misery - ToK T1 (tradable, war aggro ax) and will get the upgrades EvilBarny linked once he's 115. Thanks.

I actually still use my wurmslayer, then I use the group WAR weapon in the offhand.

I havenā€™t parsed anything yet, but letā€™s look at the SPA 162 (melee guard) 100% 1750 total, unlimited

The Warrior alone has several 162 abilities:

1. Brace for impact 18% , 70 procs for 170k total ea
2. Finish the fight rk 2 100% 5933 , 2610500 total, 600 hit limit
3. Defensive Proficiency II , 5% with no limit
-myrmidons synergy 3 is spa 55

Then you have other classā€™s spa 162:
1. Clericā€™s shining 10% , with no limit on damage
2. Donā€™t believe ENC get a rune with spa 162

-If the hit is over 17500 then shining takes it
-if the hit is over 12000, and youā€™re BFI effect is on, then BFI takes it
-FtF/PDH will block it 60% of the time regardless

So, wurmslayer guard would be effective 40% of the time when FtF is down, IF the hit is under 17500, and ALSO IF the the hit is under 12000 AND your BFI proc is down.

I actually still use mine, because in the group game there are a lot of smaller hits and during that 40% , there are quite a few hits under 17500 and your BFI procs donā€™t have 100% up time. I still believe itā€™s effective, but I havenā€™t parsed it.

The data is in @eqtrader74 ! I looked at a sample of 250 mobs in a RoS tier 1 zone with the wurmslayer, then replicated the same 250 mobs while swapping the wurmslayer with the tier 1 ToV war weapon.

Wurmslayer - Ave hit taken = 4269

Tier 1 ToV WAR Weapon - Ave hit taken = 4464

So, looks like the Wurmslayer still took off an additional 195 on every hit compared to the War weapon.
Also, my dps increased by 17k when the wurmslayer was replaced, obviously.

What does everyone think about these results? Is the reduction of 195 dmg per ave hit worth the loss of 17k dps??
Should I have used more mobs for my experiment or changed a variable? I used a full group (War/Mnk/Shm/Cle/Mag/Enc).

Interesting and thanks for running the parses. Did you have Shining from cleric too? I'd read wurm/shining tend to be removing the same amount per hit, so I'd retired my wurm on my Sk/Clr combo, but still ran it on my war/dru one since war never had Shining.

200 per hit doesn't seem like a make or break difference, I'd definitely take the additional DPS from better weapon.

On war: Currently I still swap to wurm/shield for pulls, then dual wield ToV weapons to kill in camp and 2h for final few mobs.

Yes I did have shining on. Without shining Iā€™d probably favor the wurmslayer. Also when facing multiple mobs.

With shining on, and where youā€™re not taking on too many mobs, Iā€™m probably going to retire the wurmslayer

Long story short, I use 2hs almost all the time to tank with a warrior (Grp content in ToV)
My criteria for swapping to sword and board:
Is my warrior mitigating comfortably and is aggro established securely
Like Yoda says, Do or do not there is no try
you are either tanking well or you are not
1)If not risking death, 2)if not being a mana sponge, 3)if not letting aggro bounce then reap the benefit of increased dps, thats my 2cp

With some raid gear, it doesn't matter much unless it's a named that does something funky. I still use my raid wurmy to pull named and large groups, till they're mezed... groups of 2 to 4 I use Dual Wield to pull and finish them with the 2hander... Kinda think the dps loss would be counterproductive if it was a group wurmy, but with group gear it might be a necessary evil at times.
Dual Wield is rocking atm.

/if (${Me.PctHPs}<37 && !${Me.Buff[Defensive Proficiency].ID}) /band activate ${ShieldBando} /if (!${Target.Named} && ${Me.XTarget}>1 && ${Me.PctHPs}>60 && ${Me.Buff[Two-Handed Proficiency].ID}) /band activate ${DPSBando} /if (!${Target.Named} && ${Me.XTarget}<2 && ${Me.PctHPs}>75 && (${Me.Buff[Defensive Proficiency].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Dual-Wielding Proficiency].ID})) /band activate ${TwoHanderBando}

Question - When to replace EoK Wurmslayer on tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back