• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

I agree - Episode 4 has been the best so far. They have slowed down the pacing and diverged completely, but Nynaeve is a badass - and I love that interpretation of the book.
If the first season is only 8 episodes long - I just dont see how they can fit a WHOLE lot of stuff and end on some sort of cliff hanger.
But I am hanging out for the next one already.

I agree - Episode 4 has been the best so far. They have slowed down the pacing and diverged completely, but Nynaeve is a badass - and I love that interpretation of the book.
If the first season is only 8 episodes long - I just dont see how they can fit a WHOLE lot of stuff and end on some sort of cliff hanger.
But I am hanging out for the next one already.
I was amazed at the portrayal of Logain and his war. When I read it in the books I was honestly still orienting myself to the world so I had no idea (even on my second read through) how interesting it was - probably bc I was reading from the POV of teenagers from the Two Rivers on the run from this dark force. Ep 4 did a great job with it.

Last edited:
But, I couldn't make it past the first episode of the "Wheel of Time" show. Between Lan being a midget, Rand and Eqwene having sex, and Perrin being married it was clearly going to be too far removed from the story for me to waste my time on it.

I was almost with you on not making past the first episode, but there are not many high fantasy TV shows that are done well, but this one is. While I don't like the CGI of the trollocs movement as much as some others here, I agree the episodes are getting better with each one and I think the show is worth it even though it isn't staying as true as I would like to the books.

I know this isn't much of a spoiler, but was being safe, because I hate when people do it to me:) I do not think they are explaining the significance of the dagger that Mat has very well. People that have read the books know what is going on, but I had to explain it to a coworker. I mean, the stuff they keep showing coming out of Mat is linking him to Shadar Logoth and the dagger, but leaving out the part where they weren't supposed to take anything from Mordeth and how evil destroyed the city of Aridhol confuses it more than it helps it.

I was amazed at the portrayal of Logain and his war. When I read it in the books I was honestly still orienting myself to the world so I had no idea (even on my second read through) how interesting it was - probably bc I was reading from the POV of teenagers from the Two Rivers on the run from this dark force. Ep 4 did a great job with it.

Actually, my current pet theory is that

I think episodes 5 - 7 will cover them meeting up in Caemlyn/Tar Valon (I think Caemlyn is confirmed out), traveling through the Ways, and Rand using the Eye/defeating the trollocs/fighting the forsaken, and episode 8 will cover the beginning of The Great Hunt, with Siuan naming Rand the DR, the girls heading back to the tower, the guys joining the hunt for the horn, and the cliffhanger being the Seanchan arriving. I know that makes the pacing even faster but... honestly, how much else do they really need to cover in this season, especially if the Caemlyn stuff is being delayed to s2?

The fact that episode 8's title still hasn't been revealed is a big part of this theory for me.

My wife and watched the first 4 episodes thus far. We are happy with the show. She will 100% keep watching. I will keep watching as long as it doesn't get stuck on romance and drama without action.

IRL - Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back