• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What's the best way to level up melee skills... (1 Viewer)

Rich (BB code):
 Optional Global INI File

MQ2Melee also has 3 global (not character specific) parameters that can be set in a second, optional INI file. MQ2Melee uses default values for these parameters unless it finds a file named MQ2Melee.ini that you created in the same directory. Here is an example of a MQ2Melee.ini file and a description of the parameters:

[Settings]
SpawnType=10
MeleeKeys=z
RangeKeys=x

SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).
    MeleeKeys: Melee Attack Key (not same as eq please unless you like problems) default is z.
    RangeKeys: Range Attack Key default is x.

I think you need to create a mq2melee.ini and change the value for spawntype to 11? I can't remember off the top of my head, but once changed you will be able to attack other PC's or even PC pets if the value is correct(15?).

Also, you can just duel each other (don't duel mercs) and each character can have healer mercs. This way with low damage weapons you can duel afk as long as you want. You will need to be grouped with the person you are dueling. Merc clerics will not heal you when dueling, but they will heal the other character as long as they are grouped.

Question - What's the best way to level up melee skills...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back