• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Whats new? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
5,644¢
Hey Folks, decided to come back today and will be starting a few new toons.

Have not played since 2017. Learned python and just started learning c++, so hope to contribute where I can.

Poking around I see a few exciting new things

Anything else I should be aware of?

Misc
  1. VSCode mq2 language plugin (I tried unsuccessfully to make this 2yrs ago)
  2. RG's Resources section, this is helpful and much appreciated!
  3. RG's Favorite Macros/Plugin awards... this is helpful and greatly appreciated!
  4. ??
Plugins
  1. MQ2Dannet
  2. MQ2EQWire
  3. MQ2SlotColors
  4. MQ2Twitch
  5. MQ2SQLite
  6. MQ2Radar improvements
  7. MQ2Nav improvements
  8. MQ2EasyFind (thanks @Sicprofundus )
  9. ???
Macros
  1. Core
  2. IHC...
  3. KA updates
  4. KA EqMule edition
  5. Auto... updates
  6. ???

Last edited:
Hey Folks, decided to come back today and will be starting a few new toons.

Have not played since 2017. Learned python and just started learning c++, so hope to contribute where I can.

Poking around I see a few exciting new things

Anything else I should be aware of?

Misc
  1. VSCode mq2 language plugin (I tried unsuccessfully to make this 2yrs ago)
  2. RG's Resources section, this is helpful and much appreciated!
  3. RG's Favorite Macros/Plugin awards... this is helpful and greatly appreciated!
  4. ??
Plugins
  1. MQ2Dannet
  2. MQ2EQWire
  3. MQ2SlotColors
  4. MQ2Twitch
  5. MQ2Radar improvements
  6. MQ2Nav improvements
  7. ???
Macros
  1. Core
  2. IHC...
  3. KA updates
  4. KA EqMule edition
  5. Auto... updates
  6. ???
Heya @LamahHerder - lots of cool stuff happening around here lately - some you posted, some stuff like Mq2Rogue and MQ2Berzerker have really upped the game for those classes --- MQ2EQWire is amazing for performance, some really good kiss updates now in 11.004 and some coming in the future. MQ2Discord is pretty amazing --- you mentioned MQ2Nav, but did you also know about easyfind? wow that thing is a life changer

Welcome back!

MQ2Rez got a rewrite, but doesn't work differently in practice.
MQ2BerZerker and MQ2Rogue are both new as mentioned by Sic, I'd be willing to let you try it for a patch, just let me know if you'd like to give one or the other a go.
MQ2FarmTest - it's a hunter plugin for any class. Some improvements to be made. But it's present in the VV compile.
MQ2Radar - Yes, has had some improvements, however it still has the issue where occasionally it doesn't let you talk to NPCs, I've been unsuccessful at tracking down this issue.
MQ2Twitch, I'd keep that for personal use and not use it for streaming, as others got hit with a truck load of ban hammers for streaming MQ2.
MQ2Autoloot - Lots of people enjoy this one. Not my personal cup of tea but I think everyone else uses it.
MQ2Collections - Gives you access to more datatypes via macro.
MQ2Yes - gives you a /yes command to agree to all sorts of dialog windows.

For macros, I have a small group of utility macros added since I got here in Dec 2017, so likely all would be new to you. https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/authors/chatwiththisname.235728/ the easiest way to share those is just link to my resources.

Welcome back and happy hunting.

Question - Whats new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back