• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

What would you play at 70 w/ +1300 AAs? (1 Viewer)

Infernal

RedCents
100¢
Kind of a general question here, im really curious what you guys would play and what you would do at this stage of level, please dont say *sell account* i want to hear something new for once :p

Please list class and race.

(Bonus Question: Could you also post your idea of the most powerful character in general on EverQuest? Kind of a silly question since Warrior is most powerful on Tanking yet a Wizard is most powerful on nuking... but i just want a general view of this, wondering to see if the class you would play will be the same as the class you think is best :D )

High end monks are seriously sickening. I would have to say an iksar monk. I have a warrior with 400 something AAs and i have more then what i want out of the AAs. I save 30 before i get anything just cuz its pointless. It would also have to depend on the gear really more then the AAs for me. Because i really wouldnt mind trying a high end mage with uber AAs and gear because I hear they are inf good. But yea def iksar monk imo.

Well i primarly play a Cleric Always have loved the cleric class. I play a Dwarf Cleric that is a GM smith. My favorite thing is to tradeskill when i am not raiding with my guild on Bertoxx.

However as far as most powerful class goes, we all know certian classes can do so much in highend game on thier own, such as Necros, Bards, Druids, Mages, Wizards, Warriors, Bestlords, Monks, Shamans... basicly anyone but a cleric lol. Nothing a Cleric can solo that is same lvl or higher.

However as far as Player vs Player, I know a cleric on Bertox with Time+ gear that has never lost a 1 on 1 dual with any class. It all really comes down the person. I mean Gear and AA is a BIG factor, but once you are at the top and everyone else you play with is there also it all comes down to skill.

I would have to say a beastlord as the most powerful.....just cause they can do well in a group and soloing. They can slow,dot,blast the mob while their pet tanks....then just CH their pet hehe. Sadly none of my characters dont have even 200 aa so I am still a gimp lol

soultaker said:
Well i primarly play a Cleric Always have loved the cleric class. I play a Dwarf Cleric that is a GM smith. My favorite thing is to tradeskill when i am not raiding with my guild on Bertoxx.

However as far as most powerful class goes, we all know certian classes can do so much in highend game on thier own, such as Necros, Bards, Druids, Mages, Wizards, Warriors, Bestlords, Monks, Shamans... basicly anyone but a cleric lol. Nothing a Cleric can solo that is same lvl or higher.

However as far as Player vs Player, I know a cleric on Bertox with Time+ gear that has never lost a 1 on 1 dual with any class. It all really comes down the person. I mean Gear and AA is a BIG factor, but once you are at the top and everyone else you play with is there also it all comes down to skill.

I'm glad to hear that, i suspected its still skill, being able to master your character and know when to push the boundaries. I solo'd as a 65 shaman w/ 40 aa's in BoT a Dark Blue normal giant dude. Others say its hard, but its quite easy as long as you know what to do. I guess this is valid for most of all the classes. If you use them right you can do so much better, kind of gets me to wonder if there are ways to use classes different from the past.

Reason I was asking for this information is b/c i am buying one of those 25$ EverQuest+7exp pack and i was going to Plvl a bard to 20 and then macro him to 30s or so then group him w/a character that i would actually want to play legit (well as legit as you want to call this lol), a class that would be fun, but also very powerful, so im still wondering what class that is :)

Monk does sound tempting, however, I like to cast spells some times, might just have to keep the bard around lvl 30 and grab a few characters and lvl them up 1 by 1 on the legit account :p. :cool:

Oh yea I also forgot about monk FD $$ Toooo good. But yea I used to never play non casters either. Then I played one and now I rarely play casters. It is really up to what you want to do. Wizard and mage are insane at burst dps. Necros are good dps and have the ability to rez and more. Rogues are pretty fun imo. The ability to wander almost anywhere w/o being seen is pretty cool. Plus being able to do most melee dps. I personally wouldnt suggest a tank class. They get inf boring imo. Also takes a lot to get one good. I also dont like beastlords too much. They are supposidly fixing their slow to be less resistant which will help in group atmosphere. Considering one of the biggest things I hate about bsts is the aggro they produce since i mainly play a warrior atm. Not to mention their pet push is just plain annoying. They have sub par dps because they dont have double attack. Beastlord used to be what i looked for back when i didnt play a tank but now that I tank i glady sacrifice the dps for a shaman or a chanter. But yea I have played every lvl 65+ class and it really depends on personal preference as to what you want to do. If you can narrow down more to what you want to play i could help to choose. Considering ive done this thinking comparoson about 500 times now and im in process of finishing lvling off my monk finally.

Okay here goes..
I like to do a little of everything, yet i want to be best at 1 thing.
I like to be able to cast, yet be able to either cast damn good or not cast much at all.
Honestly i dont know what i want to play lol, I always switch around...
Wizard seems too borring.
Warrior is too gear dependant.
Druid = PowerLvLing Bot
Mage = hmm
Enchanter = hmm =/
Bard = ... I use him for plvling, not straight playing
Rogue = hmm maybe
Ranger = are they ever still around? whats thier purpose? dps? pull? ?
beastlord = no
shaman = maybe, sounds fun, but gear dependent i think
ShadowKnight = Hmm, bah you got to get them high to have fun with them, no. lol
cleric = noooooo!
monk = Hmm maybe i guess
paladin = got a 52 pal, bah
berserker = never played one, looks fun though

Yea.. soooo... very weird isent it? I am clueless! :)

Last edited:
Well I have considered the thought of playing a berserker. Ive played friends 70 zerker and insta click stun is ridic irl. I lvled up a necro for a bit before I got him banned by doing stupid stuff. I would go back to necro though. They do have a bit of everything and at times can slack. Then again some people notice if you slack when you arent doing 500dps to mobs like the noob necro I was grouped with the otherday who only sent pet in and sat down till he snared the mob. Which he forgot to do about 50% of the time. But yea im getting off subject. The class I would object too the most imo is druid. After 6 years druids still dont have a real role in groups. I never group with druids unless someone randomly gets their own replacement and invites a druid which really upsets me. As for ranger... I have 2 lvl 70 rangers basically they are inf good for seru fight. I wish sony would really place rangers with bow dps but they have strayed away from it because that is the reason I started one. So i no longer play my ranger much except to farm. I hear a lot of rangers hate the bow and yet the reason i made the ranger was because of it. They do pull groups sometimes yet they are basically a dps class to invite that can also snare. Chanters are good but probably die more then most classes if they dont have a good tank. Wizards are boring but then again i quit before they had 10k crits which could be fun. From what you described though I would have to say a necro would be a good fit. They can solo when they need to... They have a role on raids... With mana tap they have become more useful in oow groups... They are nearly the best caster dps next to mages which is debatable. Ive read different posts saying different things. They also have FD and WTD which is pretty cool. But yea let me know what you think and I would be glad to discuss more classes with you since I dont have anything better to do. ;) :D

Bah i had a 70 necro w/ 400+ AAs. Their fun and can farm but they get old imo, atleast i always found myself wanting to play a warrior/ShadowKnight type of class when i played my necromancer. Mages/Wizards seem tempting atm to be honest. Shadowknight too (Erudite all the way b/c they look cool as SKs). Gnome Mage ofcourse and whatever wizard lol. Mages though, id like to know.... what the hell can a mage do anymore? whats their purpose? I mean they used to be kinda cool, where are they and what happend to them now? I see none around. And worst part is im thinking of playing a mage .. maybe. Ranger sounds cool, true they dont like bows, but there was a time that all they used was bows and EVERYONE complained about it.. Rogues seem like an option still. Its going to come down to a pure meele or pure caster or maybe hybird.. ah sht.. im back to where i started lol

If it was me i would proably make a gnome Ench, i think they are an awsome class but admitly light on the dps. And Gnome becasue you can change into anything you want and you don't need to get shirnks at raids ect.

Ok the best dueler in the game at low in (i mean people that arnt in uber guilds) would have to be the necro or SK, now at high end people gather up so much resists that spells dont land making them invul to any spell caster so - the necro and sk, rogues dont have enough defense so they die easy and monks arnt is powerfull at warriors at high end, so warriors are the best dueling class in the game at high levels hands down.

i disagree, a warrior would never beat a bard as we could run around a warrior all day long. who cares if songs are resisted? eventually some will land, its only a matter of time for a bard to kill a warrior

only a matter of time before the bard kills the warrior or one of them will fall asleep and end up dying from that. at the high end, the bard wouldn't being doing enough dps really to make that big of a dent in the warriors enormous hp pool at any decent rate so either they'd get bored or they'd fall asleep at the keys after a couple hours of it. heh

lol your forgetting we play with mq2... chant macro auto circles your target based on where the target is at any given moment... go to sleep if ya want :P

Awsome comeback :)
However i disagree, warriors would be one of my last options of the Dueling King. That title has to depend on items/discs/spells/resists. Too many factors take place to just give off 1 class. Also, so many different strategies and tactics to kill another class, its an infinite amount.

A Warrior can kill a Rogue or viseversa, since it would totally depend on how each of them played their class with what weapons and what kind of strategy.
This is not a 1 class answer imo, just like WC3, there is always a counter for every attack/class.

I'll say one thing though, have fun trying to kill a high-end cleric or Paladin, both have a good 40+K HP after including their heals over the course of a battle :D

heh, ive killed a 10k warrior with a 54 bard. Took over an hour, but what the hey. He made a bet I couldnt kill him either. A 70 bard would be ten times as nasty, doesnt matter how many HP's the warrior had.

Chanters (tash, mez, med, nuke) and SK's are also very good at dueling. But then again, it comes to the player.

Depending on the place don't forget the Warrior has to fight off the occasional Charmed mob while being slowed and snared. At what point would the Warrior catch the Bard?? I think the Bard would fall asleep but the Warrior would be VERY busy.

Can't we all just get along. :)

jmustful said:
Depending on the place don't forget the Warrior has to fight off the occasional Charmed mob while being slowed and snared. At what point would the Warrior catch the Bard?? I think the Bard would fall asleep but the Warrior would be VERY busy.

Can't we all just get along. :)
make the duel in the nest *grin* charm those lvl 70 warrior mobs and send it at the warrior while you keep running around.

Hmmm, never posted before, but this is a topic I can't stay quite on. I play a 75 now monk with alsmot 1600 aa's. I love it, with the new clawstrikers disc the dps is insane.SO wizzies can crit up to 10K, so can monks with the new disc just wont happen as pften. They aren't the same on pullin but there still great. I got a mage with just over 700, there dps is fun and yes the pet can tank. There down fall however is when you pull 20 mobs clearin Pofear while farmin your gonna die and that with my 10k hp. Monk they can pull those and kill em and if ya can't ya imitate death and go find a place to chill and med. Gotta love the the 4k heal from the 2.0 every 3 mins and with the shruikens of the tranquil if your willin to farm your ass off, Forget about it. Nothing will out dps a stack of those.

I'd have to say you're wrong about that... shakerpaging a whole zone will out dps a stack of shruikens. Anyhow, me? I doubt I'd want to play any single class. i have a bard, ranger, warrior, cleric, mage and shaman with max aa. I think i'll stick with my 6b

Totally depends on how you play - solo, solo with bots in tow, or group. If you group, beastlords or berserkers would be my guess for most powerful. If you solo, one of the actual pet classes or shammie. Out of all of them, beastlords have the most solo options and have nice buffs and debuffs.

The next classes I'll be PLing will include a beastlord or 2.

nukes said:
.SO wizzies can crit up to 10K, .

More like 20k+ one after another. On the dueling thing I pawned a 70 war and 70 ranger at the same time. sent my sword of xule the top AA one (flaming looking) after ranger then used my bane line of spells on war hits for about 1k+ was criting on him for 3kish. I was using a run speed hack thing so they couldnt catch me lol. I used to hang out in the arena arnd pretarget someone zoning in and manaburn them when they stepped into the arena

My mains a high ranked shaman with 1600 aa's (earned) I dont think i would change my main ever lets just put it this way I can crit for 8k on a .5 second nuke and do 4k a tick off two dots... The heals are badass, and Ive only ever lost two out of hundreds of duels I've been in and those two were just due to carelessness the mana regen is by far the best in the game 4k canni giving back 2k mana and then ancestral bargan gives back 540'ish every 18 seconds... with 16.4khp / 14.5k mana raid buffed and spiritual channeling you (WILL NEVER) find me oom.

you havent played with power till you have boxxed an endgame berserker with an endgame shammy. nothing touches this combo, nothing. There is no comeback to "I can clear all of the plane of fire with one rampage."

Infernal said:
Bard = ... I use him for plvling, not straight playing

There's a bad choice there... If I could have any class be level 70 with almost max AA's, it would have to be a bard. In high end bards can have over 15k hp's and well over 3k AC. Now you tell me where this class is not available in a group? Crowd control, pulling, mana regen, hasting... With the introduction of healing potions, as a bard you can solo zones like the instanced nest missions, pofire, and so on... Not only can you solo with DoT's and damage songs, but you can also burn down a mob and then turn around and mez it when you're low, regen/heal potion and then burn down again.

With 2 aggro weapons you simply become your groups tank, you also amplify any classes damage with new songs and AA's. Sure monks get Feign Death whereas bards have a no fail Feign death plus invis, does 800 mana sound like alot to you? On average today the bard has about 8000 average mana... That's 10 casts right there, if you have to fade that much as a bard then there could be something wrong. Also you should be regening about 15-20 mana per tick with 1300 aa's plus average gear. Now if your a DK/DP/Anguish bard, you're going to have well over 11k mana which allots you to alot more fading and your mana regen will be higher.

I am not knocking any classes, but like you said... This is the class I would want to be... As for race? Woodelf cause everything else looks gimp, get a dark elf mask at level 30.

That's all I have to say.

Bards are bad azz. If I was to start over I would prolly go bard.

But im happy with my beast. Pet push is not a problem if you know what you’re doing. They can go as high as 18k hp now, so off tanking isn’t a problem. SLows, debuffs, decent buffs, decent DPS, AOS (new pos), just to name a few of the skills. They are all around type of character. I have the most fun with my bst.

I try to get a bst over a chanter nowadays (I’m biased I know) because of the extra DPS. Mana regen isn’t a prob now with the new regen. And mez is controlled by bard (who can be DPS too). I feel bad for chanters. I even stopped leveling mine.

Lets discuss the CONS too.

Botting them is hard. It takes a lot of skill to play and macros just don’t get it done.

Slows will get resisted more than chanters, but VERY rare if it gets resisted 2 times.

You always have to pay attention, otherwise you can push a mob into a place you don’t want to go.

Controlling your pet

Controlling your pet (this had to be put in twice cause pet is very finicky)

You are considered the controller of where the mob goes with push. ( cause you have you, your pet, and dodh pet for push)

Inefficient healer.

Pet needs more HP cause I have like 2x the pets hp easy. (I think pet should be based off your hp and ac but that’s another argument)

AGRO. This can be good or bad. On some wars I have to manage my spells so I don’t get agro. I cant go full DPS cause they cant keep the hate. (NEVER had a problem with this on a SK) Now the good part of this is if the healer is getting beat on, I can run over and take agro pretty fast. Flash of light FTW. The high end mobs never run and this just pisses them right off.

Gets passed up in group situations sometimes

Now if you want to play a class that never gets passed up I would have to say Clr, brd, tank. Those are the hardest to find when LFG. And tank has to be geared up (this is why I wont be one cause its all about gear)

What would you play at 70 w/ +1300 AAs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back