• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

What would really push Sony's buttons... (1 Viewer)

bigmike

RedCents
20¢
Ok.. look... Sony is a multi billion dollar (i think, maybe in the millions, who knows, who cares, its alot) company... They do NOT depend on EQ to make money. EQ is mearly POCKET CHANGE for them... Let me put things a little more in perspective... Lets take just one city, any city, how many in that city play EQ? maybe 100 to be generous? thats what? $1500 a month? Now how many TV's, DVD players, CD players, MP3 players, and EVERYTHING else they manufacture sell in that same time? well all they have to do is sell one extra HDTV and they make up all that lost money. Yes, lost money is lost money, but like I said before, EQ is POCKET change for them, if EQ were gone, Sony's value would go down less than 1% which is nominal...

OK, now that we have established that EQ is just Pocket Change for Sony... lets move on here. (mind I also add that EQ was a side project that grew into what it was today, they didn't think EQ would become to popular.)

They ban us... we ban them... that is how we fight back, but before you say 'aww fuck it' and hit your back button hear this...

What is Sony's next big move? (stop thinking, im gonna tell you)

Blue-Ray discs... what does it have to do with this? DON'T invest in Blue Ray, Boycott it, give it a bad name, RUIN it's reputation, do ANYTHING at all to diminish public view on Blue-Ray technology because it's rival product will be forward versatile disk (FVD). Think back to Video CD's, it was Video CD's vs DVD's. DVD's won and Video CD's are near non-existant. BOYCOTT Blue-Ray and promote FVD.

but ps3 uses blue ray, and ps3 is gonna be awesome.... car bombing soe headquarters is a better strat

blue ray is just one of the proposed standards using blue lasers....

the war over which standard will win out has not been fought yet.

*Rant Warning*

As annoying as SoE can be with banning and lack of real support for EQ, I don't think it really has anything to do with the Blue Ray technology. Simply put, Sony is a large company because they produce high quality products. Why is the PlayStation 2 the best selling console out of that generation? Because it was designed the best and they were able to convince third party producers that it was the best and easiest to code for. Why do they sell so many TV's, DVD players, CD players, and almost every other electronic device that's on the market? Because Sony produces high quality products. A lot of times, companies put out shit products and they sell for a few months until people realize they suck, but time shows quality. The fact that Sony is still on top of the electronics market and they're still the company producing the most new and innovative products is solely based on the fact that they put effort into it and make them well.

The point at which I'm really getting here is that if Blue Ray discs turn out to be the higher quality product, or just the better deal for the consumer, then they'll come out ahead of FVD's. However, it's possible that the FVD's will prevail as well. Sony's Beta Max tapes were much higher quality tapes than VHS, however because more consumers simply chose to pay less for slightly lesser quality, the Beta tape was made obselete. In the end, it'll be the quality of their product and the decisions of the consumer base that make it sell better or worse. Don't trash the product if it's better (and I honestly don't know if it is yet, I haven't seen enough) just because you're bitter that your account was banned. Just take it like a man.

/rant off

What would really push Sony's buttons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back