• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

What was your fav WoW nerf? (1 Viewer)

Lesson25

RedCents
Throughout your history of WoW, what was your favorite nerf (either justifiable in your own opinion or not) that was done in the name of "class-balance"?

I'll start! I would call "Focused Casting" for priests in 1.10 as the biggest nerf, but I think that was done out of ignorance, not out of class-balance concerns, so I'll defer to my second fav nerf: the Intimidating Shout (also in 1.10), when they made it so it will affect a max of 5 targets. The best part of it was how much the warrior class whined about it afterwards, as if priests' & warlocks' version of the same ability hadn't already had the same limitation since inception, or like warriors need any further advantage taking on more than 5 opponents at once...

What about the rest of you? (You can call non-WoW related nerfs if you want, but I don't know that they will be as widely appreciated.)

The "normalized" instant attacks nerf was pretty funny. Lord forbid a barman's shanker be better than epix!

I liked how I went from not even being concerned about warriors in pvp to being 1-2 shotted by them. It wasn't a nerf for them it just felt like it for everyone else.

What was your fav WoW nerf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back