• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What the point of quests and achievements ? (1 Viewer)

Wurmdal

RedCents
980¢
I mean besides the pleasure of doing it and self-contentment. And besides specific things like the Luminous Restless Ice in ToV or the Composite spells in CoV. Because they're usually a pain, especially with an automated group, and they give shit in xp.

Quests and achievements are they way they're trying to push us to gain xp since ToV and the individual missions might have lower xp than you'd like, but the partisan and hero achievements give huge chunks of levels.

Also Hunters quest are great way to get Large slot bags im talking 20-40 slot type containers to hold all this junk now days so you don't have to vendor it all might be able to make something with it and still have room for gear and everything else that you might wanna keep.

They also give ...
  • Hero's Fortitude: Increases your armor class, attack power and the maximum amount of attack you can gain from items by 10 points per rank.
  • Hero's Resolution: Increases your base statistics and the maximum that your base statistics can be increased by items and spells by 5 points per rank. Additionally this ability increases your natural hit point, mana and endurance regeneration and the maximum that your hit point and mana regeneration can be increased by items by 2 points per rank.
  • Hero's Vitality: Increases your maximum hit points, mana, endurance as well as how far below zero your hit points can fall before you die by 25 points per rank.

Yes, i never doubted of missions : AA , Heroic stats, bags even. I was talking of the overall thing, getting all the quests, etc.
My problem is I can't do all the missions. I suck. Probably not enough Hdex, probably not enough dex in real life lol. But when i see Sic videos i don't really understand why not me :)

My team was struggling with some of the missions / mobs... and decided to go back and do the older content for the hero stuff.
After going back and doing almost all of it (still have RoS stuff to finish up) we have come a long way. We have not yet made it to doing the ToL HAs due to time constraint with the holidays but have completed 99% of CoV down.

We do not raid so just group geared.. We play with 3 cwtn plugins , kiss bard , wife/Rogue and a friend/gnome wizard that forgets to invis and ports to the wrong places (lol) but we do have a lot of fun doing the quests and missions. I do know where your coming from. I watch the videos , say "wow that looks simple" and then after many corpse runs move to something different.. 8)

I agree totally - Its hardly worth doing the Partisan/Mercenary quests at all. This expansion is no different to the last 2 or 3 or 4 - not sure when they stopped having to actually do progression before you could get the Group Mission - its all geared for the lazy gamer.

In fact the way things are going - its completely pointless to camp mobs for gear - because the best gear is from the tradeskill ore, and you are guaranteed of getting an ore in a 20 minute Group Mission.

It is a good thing I guess. If you only have 30 minutes to play - you can login and rub out the Shei Mission, and Close the Gate and still feel like your progressing your toons.

My team was struggling with some of the missions / mobs... and decided to go back and do the older content for the hero stuff.
After going back and doing almost all of it (still have RoS stuff to finish up) we have come a long way. We have not yet made it to doing the ToL HAs due to time constraint with the holidays but have completed 99% of CoV down.

We do not raid so just group geared.. We play with 3 cwtn plugins , kiss bard , wife/Rogue and a friend/gnome wizard that forgets to invis and ports to the wrong places (lol) but we do have a lot of fun doing the quests and missions. I do know where your coming from. I watch the videos , say "wow that looks simple" and then after many corpse runs move to something different.. 8)

I was thinking like you. My problem is I came back to EQ after ToV release so I don't really know the older content. What do you mean by "hero stuff" ?

Hero's Vitality , Hero's Resolution , Hero's Fortitude

The 25 points per rank and 10 points per rank does not sound like a lot... but when you consider 48 ranks or 86 or whatever you get the number to be it adds up.
It's a lot of work... but finishing the expansions give mounts Like the Snow Griffin Saddle which

Gives the Buff: Mount Blessing Kala
1: Increase Current Mana by 30 per tick
9: Increase Endurance Pool by 3000
10: Increase Mana Pool by 3000
12: Increase AC v2 by 950
13: Increase Max Hitpoints by 3000
14: Increase All Resists by 50

It all adds up..

The 25 points per rank and 10 points per rank does not sound like a lot... but when you consider 48 ranks or 86 or whatever you get the number to be it adds up.
It's a lot of work... but finishing the expansions give mounts Like the Snow Griffin Saddle which

It all adds up..
Thanks a lot. I was wondering why these AA were so low, and how to raise them. Stupidely i thought it was only the CoV and Tov progressions. I will look into that.

Thanks a lot. I was wondering why these AA were so low, and how to raise them. Stupidely i thought it was only the CoV and Tov progressions. I will look into that.
This is kinda how they start:

Omens of War MPG Trials (Increase to Resistances)
Dragons of Norrath Progression (Increase health by a %, innate stat boosts and more)
CoTF and beyond Hero's Journey, Hero's Fortitude and Hero's Resolution (Multiple upgrades)

This is a nice breakdown explanation of what they do -

It all adds up..
I hear your point...i've had this argument in game before...people that go balls to the wall on their one char decking them out for more stamina...more dps. My counter argument usually goes...or I could make a second war or mage or berzerker and get twice the amount of dps or tanking or whatever...for group content it's kind of a moot point.

I admire people with that level of dedication but I'm just too practical ... I could get an extra 3000hp...or I could just make a second tank and box that team next to the first :)

I hear your point...i've had this argument in game before...people that go balls to the wall on their one char decking them out for more stamina...more dps. My counter argument usually goes...or I could make a second war or mage or berzerker and get twice the amount of dps or tanking or whatever...for group content it's kind of a moot point.

I admire people with that level of dedication but I'm just too practical ... I could get an extra 3000hp...or I could just make a second tank and box that team next to the first :)

But I already have a 118 team with SK, BRD, SHM, BL, BERx2. I'm still dying in Avatar (with MQEvents copy/past from Sic), I 'm dying in Aaryonar (was at 115 but lvl will not change much), I am dying sometimes in Crusader, and i died in Aten Ha Ra once (my DPS were largely enough, my bard was mezzing, but i died when she was 3% life).

Quality > quantity especially since you can only bring 6 toons into the group missions which is what most group people have issues with.

That being said I have multiple groups and I still do their hero AA because they do make a difference

Quality > quantity especially since you can only bring 6 toons into the group missions which is what most group people have issues with.

That being said I have multiple groups and I still do their hero AA because they do make a difference
Actually you can cycle people on most group tasks w/ /taskadd nameplayer, /taskremove nameplayer...so if you have a mage in group...you can for example drop everyone but tank/healer and go 4x dps for one step...and go crowd control at a different point with the right social keys...but that's a lot of work.

Some/most missions do lock at certain points so forcing it that way isn't always efficient/effective but there's ways to force your way through most things. That being said, you're not wrong...it's just a pain to invest that much on each char.

I'm old skool that way...zergling swarm is still the most effective way imo.

watch this starcraft 2 GIF
bye bye starcraft GIF by Blizzard Entertainment

Quests and achievements are they way they're trying to push us to gain xp since ToV and the individual missions might have lower xp than you'd like, but the partisan and hero achievements give huge chunks of levels.
I simply don't know anymore.

First they want us to gain xp by progression, then they lock the trophy behind dropped collectibles.... almost sure by the time you have all the collectables and the aa/xp going with it you would also be max level/aa. Hours of killing and still that last one doesn't drop !

Newer missions you can do the task, drop everyone from the task before opening chest. Taskadd an entirely new set of people. Then once at least one of them is inside the mission taskquit yourself. Using this method you can do the mission for an entire group at once.

Sic hooks me up with taskadds most time. In ToL this didn't work for the shei mission. But all the others I was taskadded to and did not complete them myself. Only missing calm the stones or whatever.

Newer missions you can do the task, drop everyone from the task before opening chest. Taskadd an entirely new set of people. Then once at least one of them is inside the mission taskquit yourself. Using this method you can do the mission for an entire group at once.

Sic hooks me up with taskadds most time. In ToL this didn't work for the shei mission. But all the others I was taskadded to and did not complete them myself. Only missing calm the stones or whatever.
Exactly...there's a point of diminishing returns to the whole complete all progressions on every char. As an example...if a toon's function is going to be tank for example...and you're going to be playing it a lot...maybe...for a regular I'm farming Scuffed Boxes team...i'm not going to sink days/months worth of progression. Also...the residual gain of as an example a mage having all that stuff...to me adding a 2nd or 3rd mage and doing alliance hits...heck i'll do more mages for alliance hits all day.

Just my two cents. To CWTN's post above I usually do most missions using the above recipe with a well geared, well developed group, then drop/add my 5 at the end. If I don't have enough toons logged on that can benefit or need i'll drop a tell in general and let someone get a hit of coin or whatever.

If I could play only one character and still be entertained, I'd be willing to stop playing Everfarmville. Sadly, when you run lots of toons, you farm and farm and farm. Which involved the sidequest EverKill. Until recently questing wasn't a expectation of this magnitude to level up efficiently. Plus, they keep nerfing the quests that you can do forever. Like, bonechip quest :-P

Hunters (Novice/Adept/Veteran/Slayer) = bagspace
Champion + Paragon = Mount
Heros (Missions) = Hero's Vitality/Fortitude
All Heros (Paragon of XXX) = Familiar/Progressive AA upgrade (sometimes)
Saviors (Missions) = Hero's Vitality/Fortitude/Resolution
All Savior's (Challenger) = Flags for empower Expansion Augs
Collections = AAs/Exp
All Collections = Placable Item + Bag

As the expansions get older less of this applies, but in general.

Missions also: currency to buy slot5s -nonlore afaik(haven't looked this expac yet),bricks, spells, other augs, plat/Kronos to pay for your playtime if you sell TAs, etc

Hunters (Novice/Adept/Veteran/Slayer) = bagspace
Champion + Paragon = Mount
Heros (Missions) = Hero's Vitality/Fortitude
All Heros (Paragon of XXX) = Familiar/Progressive AA upgrade (sometimes)
Saviors (Missions) = Hero's Vitality/Fortitude/Resolution
All Savior's (Challenger) = Flags for empower Expansion Augs
Collections = AAs/Exp
All Collections = Placable Item + Bag

As the expansions get older less of this applies, but in general.
Thanks, that clarifies greatly things for me.

Question - What the point of quests and achievements ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back