• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What replaced MQ2EQWire? (1 Viewer)

Banshee21

RedCents
33¢
So i have got everything optimized to the best of my ability for now. My CPU is most of the time under 50% but my RAM usage is still pretty high even with using the FPS limiter built into very vanilla. Do people still run EQWire to this day to further limit the RAM and CPU usage? For the most part i can run up to 8 characters but with experiencing some issues on hardware capacity even though for the most part my PC should easily be able to run it with 16gb ram and with a decent processor with 8 cores. Just trying to figure out where im having the issues at. Will post my PC specs later once i get home i just cant think of why my computer is deciding that EQ is so heavy on resources.

So i have got everything optimized to the best of my ability for now. My CPU is most of the time under 50% but my RAM usage is still pretty high even with using the FPS limiter built into very vanilla. Do people still run EQWire to this day to further limit the RAM and CPU usage? For the most part i can run up to 8 characters but with experiencing some issues on hardware capacity even though for the most part my PC should easily be able to run it with 16gb ram and with a decent processor with 8 cores. Just trying to figure out where im having the issues at. Will post my PC specs later once i get home i just cant think of why my computer is deciding that EQ is so heavy on resources.
There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuet vs the old MQ2 as explained > HERE <

(including framelimiter stuff - which is gonna blow your socks off)

Moving to MacroQuest mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases
6. your ini configuration files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder

Question - What replaced MQ2EQWire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back