• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

What do you do in EQ besides EXP? (1 Viewer)

You find a guild that raids hardcore. You set a goal to reach in rankings for your class.

You finish off hard stuff to perfect your character, such as the BiC and other major quests. You max your tradeskills out, and finish all old world keys on your character. The object is to complete everything possible.

or....you could make a bot and work on it.

You start with Old world boss mobs and solo them moving from one expansion to the next. Skipping ToV cus its retardedly hard to solo.

My records tho not very impressive are:

All of Norrath
All of Kunark
Velious -
ToV= All of West ToV except LtK - Eashen, Ikatiar, Aary, Vyemm,
Feshlak, Dagarn and Koi`Doken (whiped myself on flurry drakes right
after).

Kael= Vindi , Statute, Whoremax and Idol barely. (AoW kicked my ass)

Dain was gimp.

Luclin -
Ssra= XtC, Blood and HP 3/4 of the Cursed Cycle (AL and VtC pwned
me and didnt even bother Emp)

THO= Long ass fight but was fun

Itraer Vius- I Got owned legit but when i turned on noblind was cake.

UP= Zelnithak = cake RC was awesome fight as was Doomshade

VT= Blob1, Mini aten, DXV, and some others were trivial with Pot's.

Seru - owned me as did....

Lcea Katta ....

PoP-
Couldn't beat Bert or Saryn Solo so thats where my progression
stopped. However I did take on Solusek and Lost at 54%. Solo'd the
rest of the mini's.

GoD- I got pwned. Hate this expansion.

OoW-
NC - Alpha Feran and Slavedriver Menlo were easy. Murk School leader
took me some time to get down.

WoS- Nothing of any importance I was able to take down. Hulcror was a
boring fight so I gated out of it.

MPG- Didn't care enough to try this zone.

RSS- Got chailak to 90% lol took me forever.

CoA- yea right... I got Smizoked!

DoN- Nothing really solo'able except small nameds.

PoR- Ravenglass I got to 1% then I agro'd something. Nothing important anyway

Thats about it as far as my solo'n the possibilities just seemed to stop after OoW on what I can solo. Mobs hitting for 2-4k just isnt fun.

In case I failed to specify, i used to play a 19khp 3675 ac (fully buffed) Pally.

someoneorsomething said:
Tradeskills. Or build a 5 man group to pL charters to sell for money. Alcohol Tolerance and all languages maxed. Get all illisions (this one is a pain). And my favorite CYBER lol

Being max level makes it extremely easy to cyber hawt high elf cleric ladies, even if they are really guys.

Clickies and Raiding and getting set up for being the first to do stuff in the next expansion is what I do each week. If you haven't ever raided with a progression guild I'd suggest it, it's a whole different ball game and it's the only reason this game is called evercrack. I'm not into alts and, like you inferred, there's not really much to do otherwise.

Yeah, I was on the crack for several years. High-end raiding, to me, ends up being the same shit and drama over time.

That's why I started this thread, because I've done high-end raiding, high-level grouping, camping, new expansion stuff, tradeskills, botting, rare items, etc. I've grown bored of most of it, simply because I've done it since '99.

It just feels like there's nothing left to do except hack the game.

You start 5 new characters so you now have your own BYOG, and as such max the level, xp, and aa's on the character. Now go and get all the equipment that you want for each character..... by the time you have that done the next 2 expansions will be out and you need to upgrade again.

darkeros said:
It just feels like there's nothing left to do except hack the game.
First and foremost, I play MQ2, I don't play EQ.

I'm so poor, I couldn't afford 5 accounts right now, much less the powerlevelling I was gonna buy to get back into the game. Ughh...internships suck...you're right at that spot where you're gonna make money soon, so it's a big tease.

Thanks for adding in your thoughts, everybody. It's neat to see what other people are doing besides normal exp grinds.

Make a bard and perfect the art of training people without getting caught. But realistically I like to get old expansion clickies and stuff that has semi-useful effects.

This is something I exercise when I get a tell from Someoneorsomething to unleash the anger I feel. It's a little macro I wrote.

Rich (BB code):
/minimize everquest
/open mozillafirefox.exe
http://www.blackpoleswhiteholes.com
/click Paul's wife

Works everytime I get bored in EverQuest. He always spams me with tells asking me when I am not answering him now, but I think he gets the picture.

btw, I am calling you today whore.

I've been thinking about starting a new toon and playing him as though I was new to the server, just to see what the experience would be like. I brought up my 1st toon a number of years ago. It would be interesting to see just how much the game has changed from that point of view.

I made a grp of 5 rangers and a bard then power leveled them. I also was selling gear/ platinum as well as power leveling. Went well for a while then just got tired and the eq selling economy died so now I just go to school and build my own games=).

What do you do in EQ besides EXP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back