• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What are some good Instances to level in? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,042¢
Looking to find instances to level in on mischief, any ideas?

My original plan was LDoN 15-70
Vxed 70-75
MG/Hive missions 75-85
maybe start SoD prog and get to kaesora in the 80-85 +AA grind.

How are the OoW dranik missions?

Vxed 70-75
MG/Hive missions 75-85

Vxed is prob good for that, but I would consider https://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/DoDH/mission_05.html for 68-80. It is "The Hive" and it's in the rotating Hot Zone with decently respawning mobs. MG from 78-85 till UF comes out.

Vxed 70-75
MG/Hive missions 75-85

Keep in mind the named are bugged and not showing up in the Dranik's Scar and pretty much all OOW instances. Been over a year now.

I used to like DON instances. Big dragons and cool graphics - very oriental looking. I think you can start those around 45-50? Good story too. Long and involved but goes fast cause your having fun

And I always do the LDON for my 60-80 guys. The only thing different on levels above 65 on those is they are the hard versions.

So path I found that worked really well for me was:

LDoN Commonlands (better zone layouts without funky hangups on the meshes) 20-65 selling all the tradeskill and defiant drops to fund my group
65-70 Dranik Scar Instances.. no named sucked but this was my first foray into them and they are superbly easy, decent cahs and TS drops to sell as well
70-75 Vxed - made 500k just selling the drops
75 now with 70 raid gear on my sk and 20+ AC augs in every slot. Might jump into hard mode hides you seek as linked above. It was a bit dicey with bard CC in the 68-72 range. (I bet a chanter could do it more reliably with AE CC)
Might do a trip into MG and test the waters... I'll update how it goes and maybe this path can hep some more folks with levelling up with discretion.

I'm too late for this to be directly useful to you now, but I'm tossing these out there for anyone coming back to this thread later.

For 55+ there's two old instances added in DoN that most people don't remember/never knew about in Unrest and Hate's Fury. The missions scale to level up to 70 (end game at the time). Are they any good? I don't know. I haven't been in them in well over a decade. But they exist.
Savil Tranquilsong gives the Unrest instance.
a shady merchant gives the Hate's Fury instance.
(There's also an old Befallen instance for even lower levels added at the same time, but I never actually did it, so I'm not willing to say more than 'it exists')

For 75+ both Gyrospire Beza and Zeka have instances from Clockwork Warmarshal. 6 instances each. Non-respawning, if I remember correctly, which isn't ideal for this this, but you're all alone until you're out of mobs. Mob difficulty/exp is the same as the base zones, just in an instanced version.
You already mentioned the Mechamatic Guardian instance, but it's worth repeating because you can hang out in there with respawning mobs for a long time.

And of course there's lots of instances in SoD itself for missions, but they're not really great for straight grinding exp, honestly.

Just going to add in with HoT dropping on mischief:

Fall of Tae Ew (Feerott) has a ton of trash up when you pull the instance. It isn't terrible trying to get one person flagged to request this. The other T1/T2 and HoT upper aren't too great for grinding mobs.

Question - What are some good Instances to level in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back