• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Websites of note. (1 Viewer)

Uncle Morgy

RedCents
I've been keeping my eyes on BetaWatcher for a while now. It's usually a good dump site for pre-release test build information. That being said, there's a new "MMORPG" that's hit the shelves this month, RF Online. It looks, well, like a lineage-esque clone, or perhaps something along the lines of Mu. The problem is that it has giant robots.

And I, sir, am gay for robots, be they giant or average of stature.

I really don't feel like shelling out another 50 bucks this month (ah, the life of a college student! I mean, evil facist dark elf dictator!) for something I might not even play, but, if someone else has some insight, I might be willing to pick up a copy and give it a writeup. Currently on my plate for this month is GuildWars and it's upcoming first expansion, GuildWars: Factions. Next month I think I'll give the EverQuest 2 expansion a try.

In the meantime, feel free to lobb any requests my way. I promise they won't be such a pile of poo as the last one did. But that's what happens when the NDA lifts weeks before it was supposed to. =P

Uncle Morgy said:
In the meantime, feel free to lobb any requests my way. I promise they won't be such a pile of poo as the last one did. But that's what happens when the NDA lifts weeks before it was supposed to. =P

That is the exact reason Computer Gaming World doesn't do any more exclusive pre-release game reviews. They've been burned so many times.

I still like to read people's game previews though, and I just keep in mind that it's a pre-release review, and nothing ever stays definite when it comes to MMORPGS, even after they are released. Star Wars Galaxies is an example of that.

P.S. - Good link!

Well, I know I didn't follow-through with DDO, as it were. And the nature of the beast, of course, when one is speaking with the Development teams is they don't know alot about release dates either. The schmoo that goes back and forth between production, development, and marketing sometimes isn't pretty.

One review is never going to cut it, I'll admit that. However, first impressions always count. I knew that when I first played everquest 2 it was a mistake- We'd retrogressed, as it were, along the MMORPG evolution timeline. GuildWars was fun right off the bat. DDO was... interesting. Lineage 2 was pretty.

How are these games now? I couldn't tell you. If I stopped playing everquest last month, and they released a patch that changed everything tommorow, the review I gave last month could be completly inacurrate. But, again, as you've said, that's the nature of the games.

One is perfectly able to stay ontop of all of them, though, writing constant "state of the union" adressess weekly or monthly. I just don't have the ability right now.

But I'd like to be able to just sit here, write about every single MMORPG out there, letting people know how the games are coming along, and so forth. Blech. I'm distracted.

Websites of note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back