• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Way to force EQ Window to the front? (1 Viewer)

joojoobee

A Member to Remember
RedCents
4,237¢
Is there an MQ2 way to force an EQ window to the front? I do know of ways with AHK, but rather would not have to work through that.

JJB

Does this help?
INI:
Oct 27 2018 by eqmule
- Added ${EverQuest.HWND} returns the everquest window handle.
- Added /foreground command it puts eq in the foreground.
  Usage: /bct <toon> //foreground
- Added a "Switch to..." menu item to the groupwindow rightclick menu, It will switch over to another group member easily.
  This menu only exist if mq2targetinfo is loaded.
- Fixed a ${Merchant.SelectItem[=blah blah]} bug, it should work properly now.

MacroQuest.ini also has a a setting called CycleNextWindow where u can set any key as the cycle key and when clicked it will bring it to foreground...

INI:
18 Sep 2016 by eqmule
Sunday is funday... so here is some fluff:
- Added a "Boss Mode" hotkey, alt+~, (alt+tilde) if u click that all your eq windows will be instantly hidden. It's a toggle.
  the hotkey can be changed in the [MacroQuest] section, the value is called BossMode=
  setting BossMode=0 disables it.
- You can now "cycle" eq windows now with the '~' key.... (also known as tilde)
  its not obvious but you CAN change it by editing the macroquest.ini
  in the [MacroQuest] section add a CycleNextWindow=somekey
  Example: (and this is what it defaults to when this entry does not exist)
           CycleNextWindow=shift+`
  u can do alt+ and ctrl+ as well but thats it.
  you cannot combine alt+shift+, i didnt want to make this to complex.
  you CAN however drop the prefixes altogether and just specify it as
  CycleNextWindow=b
  that would make the lettere "b" on your keyboard cycle the windows... (not recommended unless u plan on never using the letter b for any other reason...)
  Setting CycleNextWindow=0 will disable it completely.
Finally mq2autologin profiles has a setting for per character profile hotkey which will bring individual char to front

Last edited:
Thanks. This should help me with the Wending Ways physics/friction issue. Basically, the physics of a toss is different when in the background. Either the toon ends up short of the target, or something else weird happens and toon drops into the pit when process window in the background.

I use mq2eqwire and it will definitely not lag u in the back in fact, and this is a real fact, if anything it’s faster since it will do all processing but don’t have to do any drawing. You would have to set in game options to unlimited for back for that to work because eq limits frames by sleeping the actual game loop which isn’t what we want.
The so called built in FPS limiter is not implemented correctly in the client and neither is mq2fps. Mq2eqwire implants fps limiting correctly by stopping drawing.

I don’t know any scenario where limiting FPS using the in game option is desired since it slows down the whole game just not drawing. It does lower cpu for sure, but who wants that if it also makes your characters fall to their death or respond slower?

I use mq2eqwire and it will definitely not lag u in the back in fact, and this is a real fact, if anything it’s faster since it will do all processing but don’t have to do any drawing. You would have to set in game options to unlimited for back for that to work because eq limits frames by sleeping the actual game loop which isn’t what we want.
The so called built in FPS limiter is not implemented correctly in the client and neither is mq2fps. Mq2eqwire implants fps limiting correctly by stopping drawing.

I don’t know any scenario where limiting FPS using the in game option is desired since it slows down the whole game just not drawing.

Thanks. Useful information.

Btw, even with everything perfect and cpu is good and u are off mount and wind is in your back and the stars are all aligned and you already prayed to your God etc, you WILL for sure fail sometimes during fling and land on wrong platform or fall into the hole anyway... it’s just a eq fling mechanic.., the only thing u can do is to start over at that point or account for it by check that u are really at the correct z... fling is basically flawed... it should put u on the ground by force but it leaves it up to chance...

Question - Way to force EQ Window to the front?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back