• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Was this a GM saying hello? (1 Viewer)

Micker99

RedCents
807¢
I just installed the veryvanilla software and got it running. Logged into my guy in the bazaar and just put in the basic commands to get it running. I was afk for awhile and when I came back, someone gave me a tell that said Hail there. No one says Hail there lol and I wasn't near anyone in the bazaar. I went to reply and they were gone. Name looked like a different color in chat, but I could be wrong on that. Do you think it was a GM? Do GMs always have GM in front of their name?

I'm paranoid to use this software now, can they detect the software alone, without even doing anything? I just want it to be easier to box my group, no warping or anything like that, just assist me when I pull a mob to camp. I just don't want to risk getting banned on my accounts. When you get caught, is it a Ban, aka permanent or a suspension(temporary)? I will never be afk using it and won't use it on my tank, I will control him myself, just tired of alt tabbing and honestly, the only reason I want to play again, is because of Kissassist. Just wondering the risks and penalties, thanks!!

I just installed the veryvanilla software and got it running. Logged into my guy in the bazaar and just put in the basic commands to get it running. I was afk for awhile and when I came back, someone gave me a tell that said Hail there. No one says Hail there lol and I wasn't near anyone in the bazaar. I went to reply and they were gone. Name looked like a different color in chat, but I could be wrong on that. Do you think it was a GM? Do GMs always have GM in front of their name?

I'm paranoid to use this software now, can they detect the software alone, without even doing anything? I just want it to be easier to box my group, no warping or anything like that, just assist me when I pull a mob to camp. I just don't want to risk getting banned on my accounts. When you get caught, is it a Ban, aka permanent or a suspension(temporary)? I will never be afk using it and won't use it on my tank, I will control him myself, just tired of alt tabbing and honestly, the only reason I want to play again, is because of Kissassist. Just wondering the risks and penalties, thanks!!
using MacroQuest in any form is against ToS.
only you can decide if it is "worth" it to use or not.

I don't think a GM took time out of their day to come and scare you with "Hail there". you probably just stood on someone's "normal bazaar spot". GMs will typically have their name over their heads in green (not color changing, that is someone's in-game birthday). I've never heard of them having a different color used for chat (tho it is possible). "Hail there" with nothing else at all 100% tells me it isn't a GM, unless you walked by some in-game eq event and the guide/gm was saying Hail there to everyone walking by trying to drum up some role play.

fair warning to everyone, the second tinfoil hats come out this is going to fippys. :)

Ive seen GMs pop into baz more frequently then any zone.. however they might just be using that as a world drop spot because they are always by the Nexus ZL..

As Sic pointed out, do get random people doing stuff in baz... hails, say raiddisband and my favorite (in say) /bot on /mac bazaar /end mac

If you get caught using the software, but nothing like warping etc, do you usually get a suspension or a total ban?
that entirely depends on a lot of factors, it would be impossible to say. sometimes nothing, sometimes suspension, sometimes escalated. the important thing to know is despite in-equitable application of the rules, MacroQuest is against the rules.

I know you're really hoping for "you'll be fine", and you *likely* will be fine, but no one knows, and everything is fine until it isn't anymore.

using that knowledge it is important to not get cocky and complacent about usage.

doing things that bring attention to you just exponentially adds risk.

not taking appropriate steps to ensure your attention can be gained when it needs to be, can really bit you in the butt, it just takes 1 time you "stepped away to get a coffee" and get checked to get suspension/ban.

many folks end up falling into this complacent usage trap where they escalate "risky" behavior and decide "meh i haven't been visited while at keyboard, so i'll just afk here and it'll be fine". its not.

or "let me have my bazaar bot scan every 5 minutes and instantly undercut everyone. <--- bazaar bots are a huge "pain point" for other players reporting, and if you're scanning every 5 minutes it is easy to trigger your bot to change their prices to "prove" that you are doing something sketchy.

treat MacroQuest like fight club

From what I understand . GM do not care if your using the program. But they do care if your AFK and using it.

( That's the overall consensus , from many discussions and threads)

But here is the kicker - Some how people have found a way to warp to zones instantly or jump from one end of a zone to another. Or I have heard about some kind of automatic auto pulling mechanism that allows you to pull any mob in the zone right to you ( or something to that effect)

These are instant BAN offences , even if your at the computer.

Long story short: Don't do anything in game that ordinarily you would not have that ability. No AFK while running the program as well

Follow these and 99% of the time you are fine . There is always a 1 % chance, GM is in a pissed off mood and will suspend you either way

But here is the kicker - Some how people have found a way to warp to zones instantly or jump from one end of a zone to another. Or I have heard about some kind of automatic auto pulling mechanism that allows you to pull any mob in the zone right to you ( or something to that effect)

You cannot:
Zone instantly to another zone (other than by normal ingame means such as ports/translocators etc)
Warp to a location from another location (except using normal ingame features such as succor, Call of the Hero, etc)
Pull from across zones (without physically going to it and slowly dragging it back to your group)
or any other such non-sense with Redguides, so I don't think there's a need to tell people to avoid doing those things at redguides.

Maybe it was a tell for an event. Guides often send out hails and what not that look like a real "tell" but are sent out to almost every player if they are going to do one. Sometimes they send them in announcements too. Or just a shout in POK. They usually start out on that line, hail there travelers or adventures I need to make a sandwich can you come help" or whatever

Or it could have been someone wanting to discuss a price with you. Check your in game mail - sometimes players will send me mail asking if I can make more of something or if I am willing to lower a price

Look at it this way, if it were a GM then you failed as you did not answer him right away. But your still here. Or there. In game that is.

Make sure you have some time stamps on your chat also - nothing worse than trying to respond when the comment or tell or ta was hours ago.

Just wanted to know if they can detect the program
I don't have a definitive answer to this direct question and anything I could say would be speculation and tin-foil hatting. However, if they indeed had a real-time, server-side detection method that could precisely identify all client connections being made while MQ injections are active, they could have either A) banned all of us years ago or B) simply have the server refuse to allow clients with active injections to connect to the game world.

Think of it like speeding. At any time you can get a ticket. If you are not the worst offender you'll often be OK but there are always exceptions. If you drive around like you stole your car you'll get get nailed for sure at some point. We are all speeding at all times when using MQ2.

I guess if a lot of people use it, then it can't be too bad. I really don't want to play eq without something like this anyways, so I'll give it a shot. I was using isb, but it's a little clunky with the setup I have. This looks much smoother and less frustrating. What is the difference between MQ2 and kissassist? Kinda confused on all the different products lol.

I guess if a lot of people use it, then it can't be too bad. I really don't want to play eq without something like this anyways, so I'll give it a shot. I was using isb, but it's a little clunky with the setup I have. This looks much smoother and less frustrating. What is the difference between MQ2 and kissassist? Kinda confused on all the different products lol.
kissassist is a macro - macros run on the macroquest platform either in the form of legacy "MacroQuest2" or the current/future "MacroQuest" colloquially known as "Next".

kissassist is just one of the hundreds of different macros, and one of the most popular combat automation macros for MacroQuest

Question - Was this a GM saying hello?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back