• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Warping instead of Exodus AA (1 Viewer)

IamBigDaddy

RedCents
80¢
Looking for opinions on whether or not warping is detectable if I setup a macro to mimic Druids Exodus AA. To do that I plan to use Exodus, set waypoint for location then warp wp exodus when SHTF... I will always have the druid in the group anyway but there are times when Exodus gets the message "You can't do that right now" and I really don't have the time to go oops...or I have previously used Exodus.

Sony doesn't detect warps through direct observation, so, yes, to sony this will be every bit as detectable. Players probably won't notice, though.

You could just use my compile of Piggyzone and hit the /succor command...iirc, Exodus takes your group to the succor point? Just have them all /succor. Or /warp loc y x z, or whatever.

grog said:
Sony doesn't detect warps through direct observation, so, yes, to sony this will be every bit as detectable. Players probably won't notice, though.
Sony detects warping, or atleast detected warping in a few ways. The only way they really cared about it and banned you though was if it was observed by a GM or if it was used to exploit content.

if you want to warp and make it look like exodus, just make sure your waypoint IS the succor point of the zone. Otherwise it will still be obvious what you are doing.

TeachersPet said:
Sony detects warping, or atleast detected warping in a few ways. The only way they really cared about it and banned you though was if it was observed by a GM or if it was used to exploit content.
true - but what I pointed out also still holds true. sony can tell if you're warping, regardless of whether you try to make it look like succor.

The question is, does a /succor look any different server side than a druid actually casting succor?

Does a /warp look different server side that being summoned ?

Does /gate look different server side than being TL'd ?

My thought was that beyond actually *seeing* someone warp, that their server side detection was just a matter of looking for abnormal numbers of x,y coord changes on individual characters, then going back and looking for details to see if there is a logical explanation.

Warmonger said:
Where is the evidence that Sony is able to detect warps serverside. Quite a few of you speak with confidence, but where is the evidence?
Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. It has come to our attention from our various resources to show that your account has been linked to the use of third party software to travel anywhere within a zone without risk of harm. Since the use of third party programs is against the End User License Agreement(EULA) we have no choice but to suspend your account with review for termination. I have included a copy of the relevant portion of our EULA for your review. If you have any questions you can see the entire EULA at http://support.station.sony.com
What more proof do you need?

Warping instead of Exodus AA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back