• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Warping Concerns... (1 Viewer)

PallyBot

RedCents
Ok, there was quite a bit of bad stuff going around a few months ago about warping, so I wanted to get some feedback.

How many of you still use it? Do you feel confident your safe in doing so? Are there some zones you absolutely DO NOT warp in? etc

I used to use warp all the time, the convienience of it was too great of a good thing to pass up. But since the events of the last several months I have sworn off of doing it. I do NOT want my toon banned, way to much time and effort invested to have it snatched away.

Anyway, all comments welcomed!

Thanks,
PallyBot

i havent stopped warping and i warp quite frequently, it wont get u banned when used with common sense, i still ghost kill mobs even and havent been caught alls it takes is some common sense and you wont get banned.

all that mass banning a few month back were due to ghost anyways and not warp

Warp is trackable, but only if you're doing it, oh say, 1800 times in one day.

Oh yeah, don't warp in FHalls, GM's like to check people in that zone a LOT. If you so much as type /afk and sit in there for more than 5 minutes, you have a more than good chance of getting an off server GM popping in on you. Me and a bunch of friends used to AFK there until raids were called (so we wouldn't get 10 people following us to try to gank us from Guild Lobby) and one time we actually had a GM summon us ALL to Qeynos Catacombs and threaten to suspend us for using 3rd party programs. Luckily he wasn't the only GM on and we had the other GM summon us out and gently explain to the other GM how dumb he was for doing that.

Last edited:
just come to stromm server to watch these idiot afk warping in dreadlands and karnor's constantly all day every day. On top of that, blatently in front of everyone without care. I don't think /warp has slacked off at all. In fact I think more people are doing now than ever. I have nothing against /warp. I do it on occasion, but only when I know there are no GM's or players around at all. I use it very sparingly. Eventually, the way things are going and the way people are using it without regard, it's gonna get nerfed and or sony will eventually catch on and build a detection system and nail your ass without a GM even needing to be there.

I still use warp fairly frequently.... but only under certain circumstances.

I have a hotkey I use before i use warp:

/who all GM
/pause 2
/who
/pause 2
/

This at least shows GM's online (if any), tells you who is in the zone under normal / and shows who in the zone with /who in mq2 window (for anon and RP).

Only times I do this is if raid is in a spot I cannot get to without CoH or if there is no CoH available. Or if I am getting ready to fire up my vxed mac and afk for a while. However, a few things I do to kinda protect myself is I /anon and I dont put up afk... those just seem like breadcrumbs to me and signals to get yourself found and booted. But aye.... use warp responsibly and safely and you shouldnt need to be worried about being banned.... warp infront of a bunch of other people and you can count on being banned. BE SMART!

OMG with patch tomorrow they're adding new warp detection code and anyone who uses it is instabanned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, how many times have we heard this? It's never been true since I've used warp (which has been for quite awhile). The people who start these rumors do so usually because they were banned and want to pretend they're less of a moron than they are (or randomly unlucky in a minority of cases) or they heard it from a friend of a friend who fits that description. When GMs do crack down on smart users we're all going to be banned cause warnings like this mean nothing.

PS: /who gm all rarely returns anything...GMs like to spend a lot of time hidden if not answering petitions or something. You can bet if they're investigating warping they'll be hidden. If a GM suspects you and wants to prove you're warping, they most likely can. Just have to live with that.

Warping Concerns...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back