• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Warp Source w/ tracking (1 Viewer)

rokn2day

RedCents
44¢
Anyone have an example of how to bolck the packet that tracks warp. Iv'e heard rumors, and have seen referances to it. So is anyone willing to share?

PM would be great.

Last edited:
If this information is known, they probably won't post it publicly, unless it's undetectable by Sony.... PM's might be a better solution. Oh, and if someone has this info, I'd appreciate a PM about it =)

I got to thinking about warp plugins that block the packet that is sent back for distance traveled/time.

Then i started thinking, wouldn't it look much more suspicious if a packet that is supposed to be returned was not returned?

Then it occurred to me, hmmm.....word is that the packet simply returns a number between say 0 and 255 or something along those lines. A bard running at max speed with a top end drum returns a delta of say 80-90ish or so according to people much smarter than I.

That said, rumor is that the mystery packet is just part of the tracking process and that the check is conducted server side with the logging packet as nothing more than that...a logging packet.

Then my head started to hurt and I decided.....warping is just going to be dangerous no matter how you look at it. Use it responsibly is the best thing I could come up with.

btw, the only warp "THAT I KNOW OF", that blocks the mystery packet comes from cronic. you might hit him up to see about him selling you his warp if it makes you sleep better. I believe it is MQ2NWarp. That said, remember, rumor is, the check is also conducted server side.

I am another person (yey for me and cronic) who has warp with blocked packet, as you said check might be server side but if the 'mystery' packet is actually the one that server checks against I am about to 'warp fix' the mystery packet and have undetectable warps.

odessa said:
I am another person (yey for me and cronic) who has warp with blocked packet, as you said check might be server side but if the 'mystery' packet is actually the one that server checks against I am about to 'warp fix' the mystery packet and have undetectable warps.

o shit. now THAT is some brilliant thinking....have the packet always return a number that is reasonable.....I had not thought of that.

Ferny50 said:
o shit. now THAT is some brilliant thinking....have the packet always return a number that is reasonable.....I had not thought of that.

I'm almost done decoding mystery packet and as I said as long as that's what server checks against (99% sure) I will have me an uber warp :)

cronic has had this done for some time now from my understanding. He has been waiting for the day that they start tracking this stuff. Would make him alot of money me thinks. Then again, I really don't think SoE gives a shit about the warping. I know i'd be the first account or one of that they would ban. As soon as MQ patches i recompile all my code and go back to macroing. All my AFK macros include warping. I do it days on end. with 2 accounts. So I will let ya all know if I get pinched lol...

There are a few things you can do with these to potentially trick the server, but there is no way to be sure that you are not tripping the logs. If you decide to sell your product, I suggest you advertise that you are not responsible for bannage, because you really don't know if what you're doing is really keeping you under the radar. I know what these packets contain and how they work, and kudos to Sony for doing a decent job. There's a reason I no longer support my 'safe' warp - it isn't safe anymore.

cronic

cronic said:
There are a few things you can do with these to potentially trick the server, but there is no way to be sure that you are not tripping the logs. If you decide to sell your product, I suggest you advertise that you are not responsible for bannage, because you really don't know if what you're doing is really keeping you under the radar. I know what these packets contain and how they work, and kudos to Sony for doing a decent job. There's a reason I no longer support my 'safe' warp - it isn't safe anymore.

cronic

Cronic man, that's obvious, nothing that can be checked server side is safe and as I said before if they implement server side check we are screwed anyways. I know how these packets work too and I don't really see it as such a 'decent job' on sony's part, they could have done much better :) They should give you a call.

cronic said:

cronic

respect.

way to tell it like it is rather than give people a false sense of security.

odessa said:
Cronic man, that's obvious, nothing that can be checked server side is safe and as I said before if they implement server side check we are screwed anyways. I know how these packets work too and I don't really see it as such a 'decent job' on sony's part, they could have done much better :) They should give you a call.

Well, the data being sent now provides Sony with everything they need to know, including whether or not you're trying to manipulate that data. From a programmatic standpoint, it would be trivial to check the data (or lack thereof) to decide if the information is as it should be.

I'm not trying to put a dent in your sales, only imparting knowledge. I will return now to my silence.

cronic

cronic said:
Well, the data being sent now provides Sony with everything they need to know, including whether or not you're trying to manipulate that data. From a programmatic standpoint, it would be trivial to check the data (or lack thereof) to decide if the information is as it should be.

I'm not trying to put a dent in your sales, only imparting knowledge. I will return now to my silence.

cronic

I guess I didn't phrase it right, I'm not here to sell plugins but if someone does want something like this I will not give it away for free, how is that? :)

Also I am not exactly sure what you are talking about but I can 'fake' a packet and perfectly so that there's no way for them to know that it was faked. Obviously if serverside they do deltachecks none of this matter but if it's just a packet check there's no way for them to tell that my paket have been faked. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

I say we stop all the warping and instead make a plugin that summons whatever NPC we're after to us..

I can see it in my mind now.

GM_Somebody, "/tell Petitioner_03 Greetings Petitioner_03, I'm here about your petition about a name"
Petitioner_03, "Good. I'd really like to be called Mr T"
Leethaxor_01, "/target GM_Somebody"
Leethaxor_01, "/summon"
Leethax0r_01, "/tell GM_Somebody You will not evade me n00b"
GM_Somebody, "/say WTF!"

EvenLessSpam said:
I say we stop all the warping and instead make a plugin that summons whatever NPC we're after to us..

I can see it in my mind now.

GM_Somebody, "/tell Petitioner_03 Greetings Petitioner_03, I'm here about your petition about a name"
Petitioner_03, "Good. I'd really like to be called Mr T"
Leethaxor_01, "/target GM_Somebody"
Leethaxor_01, "/summon"
Leethax0r_01, "/tell GM_Somebody You will not evade me n00b"
GM_Somebody, "/say WTF!"

if you can get other person's IP and reroute the packets they get from eq server to come from you, this will be possible, but good luck :)

Warp Source w/ tracking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back