• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Warp Question (1 Viewer)

swag

RedCents
After a long layoff , I have decided to return to playing everquest. I have noticed from these forums that apparently Warp is very hot right now. Ok, so inform me of the deal. What is sony doing differently to detect warping now and how is it different than before? I'm just curious, because I know me, once I get back on-line, I'm gonna warp ....

what they check is the speed at which u cross a zone

if you /zone your dead(trust me)
/warping inside a zone isnt always an automatic OH DAMN....but can be since the GM's can now PEAK into zones without being Present. just cause u are only one in a zone doesnt mean it isnt being watched....the new zones are HOT AS FIRE right now, so doing anything squirley in there is begging for ban

It is still pure luck, or lack there of. I use /zone, /warp, /fade, /gate, ghost, and ghostkill all day every day on quite a few accounts and havent heard a peep. I even did a /petition on a lost item the other day and was zoneing and warping all over when the gm finally cought up to me and happily returned my item. The 'omg if you dare to zone or warp SOE leet puter software will auto-instaban you' warnings are full of shit. Can you be banned, sure at any time just like before. But this bullshit about autobanning if you dare to warp is just wrong.

Ive /warped 37 times /zoned countless running a spawn checker mac i have and /gated 11 times. 97% were in non TSS zones (1 gate, 1 zone {CTD}, 2 warp succor in TSS zones) One close call /gated to bind and an GM was at the soulbinder area. Felt heart drop, but nothing (whew) Is it safe. NO. Im one of the lucky ones for now

blackdragondd said:
what they check is the speed at which u cross a zone

if you /zone your dead(trust me)
/warping inside a zone isnt always an automatic OH DAMN....but can be since the GM's can now PEAK into zones without being Present. just cause u are only one in a zone doesnt mean it isnt being watched....the new zones are HOT AS FIRE right now, so doing anything squirley in there is begging for ban

You are talking about it like you know it, you don't. There's been no proof of this 'speed of zone crossing' theory. I use zone a lot, no problems yet. I warped/zoned in new zones too, nothing.

Warp Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back