• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Warp and back, unseen (1 Viewer)

mike23

RedCents
You know how Mq2Gank works.. where you will target a groundspawn and instantly warp over there and grab the item without anyone being the wiser?

I was wondering if this type of warping could be adapted for loc rather than ground items. I would like to be able to warp to a predefined loc (for taskmaster macro) and back to my current position without being visible at the warp point if it is possible.. I've been trying with just regular warping but while watching with a different character but I always see the character at the warp area for at least a second

If anyone has a good way of doing this please let me know, thanks

Cgank is actually sending a movement packet, not warping you. Nevertheless, it probably could be done.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to warp quickly like that?

mike23 said:
You know how Mq2Gank works.. where you will target a groundspawn and instantly warp over there and grab the item without anyone being the wiser?

I was wondering if this type of warping could be adapted for loc rather than ground items. I would like to be able to warp to a predefined loc (for taskmaster macro) and back to my current position without being visible at the warp point if it is possible.. I've been trying with just regular warping but while watching with a different character but I always see the character at the warp area for at least a second

If anyone has a good way of doing this please let me know, thanks

Players see you when you use gank or open or anything that deals with Movement packeting (Your client is not warping but serverside you are), there isn't any way to "Warp" to a XYZ/Loc without being seen serverside (Other players) unless you block a couple of packet(s) now but then you won't be able to access any commands, unless you add them in aswell but even then players will still see you warp there and then suddenly dissapear.

However there is a way to access vendors/DoNs/Taskmasters etc from anywhere in the zone without even moving/warping.

Well I am going to stop now, since I clearly gave alot of information out.

Cade said:
Cgank is actually sending a movement packet, not warping you. Nevertheless, it probably could be done.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to warp quickly like that?

basically i'd want to move quickly like that to make the KC part of Taskmaster easier, i use advpath to run to the castle, i'd like to just zone in, hit the hotspot that advances the task, and make it appear that i havent moved from zone in, then i'd just advpath out of kc and continue on

i know this is the wrong thread for it. but if i am running CGank, it will pick up anything on the ground, right? (havent found anything that really says what it does lol)

Tone already put out the plugin that allows you to do this... It would work in the same way as his plugin that allows you to get a DoN mission from anywhere in a zone, and even from the mission-givers with whom you have bad faction. ;)

-CodeCaster

*edit* - You know... Wouldn't just putting 2 /warps in immediate succession only flash you in at your spot for a split second anyway? I dunno... I wouldn't feel too scared of doing this.

Abyss said:
Players see you when you use gank or open or anything that deals with Movement packeting (Your client is not warping but serverside you are), there isn't any way to "Warp" to a XYZ/Loc without being seen serverside (Other players) unless you block a couple of packet(s) now but then you won't be able to access any commands, unless you add them in aswell but even then players will still see you warp there and then suddenly dissapear.

However there is a way to access vendors/DoNs/Taskmasters etc from anywhere in the zone without even moving/warping.

Well I am going to stop now, since I clearly gave alot of information out.

Which 'information' did you give out pray tell?
We pretty much all know that cgank/open/etc send a movement packet to the target, do the deed, send the movement packet back to the original location. Since we are not moving clientside we don't see anything happening, but since we do send a movement packet serverside according to the server we are moving to the target and back (so we are warping).
And yes since Tone released his DoN plugin it's pretty obvious that you can send a packet that will get you DoN, etc. I haven't looked into it much but I'm guessing if I sniff some while getting DoN, etc it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a proper packet.
I wouldn't call 'information' something that trivial :)

Alatyami said:
If all you are worried about is other players then use an invis or camo, although those with a see invis will see you.

When I was doing the Trick-Or-Treat mission, I was in Unrest and some other ppl were there. I warped to the guy, not knowing that about 7-10 ppl were sitting infront of Crabby. So when I warped in, I just said "Yay!! Invis worked!" while I was /anon so they might have thought I was a noob. Plus I would have been green con cause they were all 70 and I was in lvl 20 shroud form =P So I would just use the invis or make up an excuse for how you just popped in (lev + invis maybe?)

clrplr said:
When I was doing the Trick-Or-Treat mission, I was in Unrest and some other ppl were there. I warped to the guy, not knowing that about 7-10 ppl were sitting infront of Crabby. So when I warped in, I just said "Yay!! Invis worked!" while I was /anon so they might have thought I was a noob. Plus I would have been green con cause they were all 70 and I was in lvl 20 shroud form =P So I would just use the invis or make up an excuse for how you just popped in (lev + invis maybe?)

90% of lvl70s have see invis, this is a lame excuse, if I saw you I'd know 100% that you just warped.

odessa said:
Which 'information' did you give out pray tell?
We pretty much all know that cgank/open/etc send a movement packet to the target, do the deed, send the movement packet back to the original location. Since we are not moving clientside we don't see anything happening, but since we do send a movement packet serverside according to the server we are moving to the target and back (so we are warping).
And yes since Tone released his DoN plugin it's pretty obvious that you can send a packet that will get you DoN, etc. I haven't looked into it much but I'm guessing if I sniff some while getting DoN, etc it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a proper packet.

Not talking about "warping" nor "packeting, nor anything that deals with movement, I will state what I stated in my paragraph above since it seems that you failed to understand, you can access merchants, bankers, don quest givers, taskmasters etc from anywhere in the zone without moving.

Hince the word without moving, so in other words warp/movement packets are out of the way, and "packets" can't open merchant windows. So that leaves 1 thing, figure it out. And thats what I ment about giving away to much information.

I would, cause your a idiot.

Warp and back, unseen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back