• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - <<Warning! Warning!>> Wonder Newb Inc! (1 Viewer)

Novbre

RedCents
30¢
Hi guys,

I have been trying to figure out Mq2 very vanilla now for about a month now, and I am not making much progress. After a very frustrating weekend of .ini files, group deaths, and a chain flopping SK tank/puller I have decided to try to wrap my little brain around MQ2 as it installs is biting off more than my wee little brain can chew. There have been some really great tutorials here on the website, but most of them contradict what other well-written posts have said, and I'm so turned around now I want to just throw something lol. So I was thinking I would turn off all the plugins except some non-combat ones figure them out, and then slowly add plugins as I get the hang of them. Except....doing that broke everything except autoforage lol.

I am not trying to do anything amazing, I'm not even trying to do anything fancy. Most of what I would like to do are little things, like auto forage, auto trade, autobuff/rez, harvest on my wizard box at X%, rebuff a DS with my mage when it fades. I don't want mq2 to play the game for me, I just want something to help with the details.

That said, I use ISboxer set up for straight broadcasting, nothing fancy here either...I just use it to broadcast mapped keys. I 6 box level 90 something Wizard, Mage, Chanter, Druid, Cleric and a shadow Knight who is my puller and my tank.

I need so much help it's depressing, but I think I could get my feet under me if I could understand the following...

1) Is there a way to manually drive one toon (in my case the SK) and have the other boxes take advantage of kissassist (which sounds Ah-mazing!) How would that be set up? If the SK isn't using /mac kissassist how do my other toons know/see her as the Tank/MA for buff/heals/assist etc? I haven't had much luck finding anything specific on this topic. I have read tons of posts here, but I haven't read them ALL by any means.

2) If I am using ISboxer for broadcasting, I should be able to change the in-game social/macro where each line has a spell/alt act for a burn macro to just read "/bc //burn" and that will cause my other toons to run through the spells and abilities listed in the "burn" section of their kissassist.ini section when hit that button yes? No? And specifically for burns, buffs, and rezes, can my SK take advantage of those features and still be manually driven in terms of nukes, pulls, fd etc. ?

3) Given the set up I have outlined, any recommendations on the bare minimum plugins needed to achieve this? I certainly look forward to exploring other plugins as I get the hang of the ones I "need" first, I am just trying to think of ways to simplify things so I can understand them instead of trying to drink from the fire hose and try to grasp EVERYTHING MQ2 can do all at once. Cuz, yeah, that's just not been working for me lol.

4) oh...and please please please tell me there is a way to move the buttons on the group window that say "follow me, come to me, mimic me" to somewhere else? The buttons cover half the group window so I can't see their health and mana. Those buttons would be much more useful to me either in a window all their own or on a hotbar or something lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~ Novbre

1) Is there a way to manually drive one toon (in my case the SK) and have the other boxes take advantage of kissassist (which sounds Ah-mazing!) How would that be set up? If the SK isn't using /mac kissassist how do my other toons know/see her as the Tank/MA for buff/heals/assist etc? I haven't had much luck finding anything specific on this topic. I have read tons of posts here, but I haven't read them ALL by any means.

Make sure your tank is set as Main Assist role, target tank with none tank character, run Kissassist, now forget toon :)

2) If I am using ISboxer for broadcasting, I should be able to change the in-game social/macro where each line has a spell/alt act for a burn macro to just read "/bc //burn" and that will cause my other toons to run through the spells and abilities listed in the "burn" section of their kissassist.ini section when hit that button yes? No? And specifically for burns, buffs, and rezes, can my SK take advantage of those features and still be manually driven in terms of nukes, pulls, fd etc. ?

no idea on this I'm afraid, I let kissassit just do EVERYTHING!...

3) Given the set up I have outlined, any recommendations on the bare minimum plugins needed to achieve this? I certainly look forward to exploring other plugins as I get the hang of the ones I "need" first, I am just trying to think of ways to simplify things so I can understand them instead of trying to drink from the fire hose and try to grasp EVERYTHING MQ2 can do all at once. Cuz, yeah, that's just not been working for me lol.

Out of the box MQ2 should have every plugin loaded you need.

4) oh...and please please please tell me there is a way to move the buttons on the group window that say "follow me, come to me, mimic me" to somewhere else? The buttons cover half the group window so I can't see their health and mana. Those buttons would be much more useful to me either in a window all their own or on a hotbar or something lol.

Easy... just drag/extend the group window :)

Welcome! sorry to hear you're having some issues - there is definitely a bit of a curve but it does get easier!

I'll try and answer your questions specifically.

1. you can /mac kissassist manual on your tank which allows you to move around and target and such, but your tank will do your casting order/abilities and such - very popular for people who actively play their tank - you would have all the other toons /mac kissassist assist while targetting your tank or /mac kissassist assist tankname - you also want your tank set to tank and ma

2. if you have EQBC setup (which you definitely should) you don't need any broadcasting whatsoever - if you did a /bcaa //sit for example - all your dudes would /sit (yes the double // is necessary) so if you wanted every toon to say something in eqbc you could /bcaa //bc blah and every toon (including yourself) would say blah in EQBC
/bca for everyone but person sending the command
/bcaa for everyone including the person sending the command
/bct name for a specific toon --- /bct bardname //sit

3. MQ2 is pretty amazing "out-the-box". With kiss and the required plugins for kiss you should be able to do nearly everything you want with the plugins that come in the VV package.
Getting mq2nav working with meshes would be a great step - that is a game changer

INI:
There is currently no shared or agreed upon distribution method for meshes.

Here  is 3 large libraries of meshes some of them are very well done and curated others are just done by standard settings and might work.

1. [Wired420](https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2nav-meshes.340/)
> click the download link to proceed to his link library

3. [ChatWithThisName](https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2nav-navmeshs.221/)

3. [kaen01](https://eurymedon.feralhosting.com/kaen01/)

some nice Quality of life stuff I would recommend and I am currently using - the paid mq2eqwire for niiiice reduction in cpu useage - and I'm also using the paid zerker plugin by chat

4. just drag/stretch that group window so it is larger. and btw - you can make social hotkeys to do anything you want. I keep a spellbar that is dedicated to eqbc commands >>> HERE <<< is a recent thread with some hotkeys and some links to some

Don't forget to stop by the discord #General_chat sometime and say hi - lotta great people hang out there helping us out every day

in addition to the /bca commands for EQBC which tells everyone connected to your EQBC server to do something, there are group specific ones
/bcga - every one in group including you
/bcg - everyone in the group except you

Set up a hotkey on your tank anmed such as KISS
line 1: /pause 3, /bcg //kissassist ${Me} ( gets everyone in your group to runn KA and assist the TANK)
Line 2: /kissassist manual ( this will run kissassist on your tank to buff him etc but let you pull mobs and move him manually)

You can do /groupinfo help and it will bring up a way to turn those off.. /goupinfo hide cometome, /groupinfo hide followme, /groupinfo hide hot, /groupinfo hide mimicme
Then you can just make hotkeys with /bca //nav id ${Me.ID} that one replaces cometome, /bca //afollow spawn ${Me.ID} that replaces followme, and the mimicme you can already do with isboxer

Thanks for the quick response Sic and Scot!

I totally agree about the mq2nav working! That has been on one total success so far. I was at the top of PoK library last week, and spend an embarassing amount of time using it to send my wizard from the guild lobby ramp to the wizard spell vendor, then gating her back down to the guild lobby ramp and sending her back up to the spell vendor.

I do have two follow up questions. If I use /mac kissassist manual for my SK, but don't put anything in her kissassist.ini other than her role. Would that give me full control over her, and still allow her to be buffed and do the auto rez/ accept teleports etc? I pretty much want full control over the pulling (the part I enjoy the most) and anything combat related.

and secondly....

I do have EQBC setup ....at least I think I do. I connect and it doesn't give me any errors and shows my group in there. When you say no broadcasting needed. Do you mean I can do everything I do with ISboxer just using eqbc itself withOUT isboxer? I read the idiot's guide to EQBC, which is how I got it set up and I read This guide, but I'm not a coder, and I'll be honest seeing stuff like /bca //stick id ${Me.ID} 5 uw freaked me out a little. I have no idea what that means, and I have no idea how to even search for help on how to parse that lol!! I can't imagine ever having the present of mind to type out something like that with an "Oh CRAP" moment going on in game lol. Is there a library or list of what all the jargon in bold is? I am not against learning HOW to do it, but I don't see how to get there from where I am at now skill wise lol!

Again, thanks for the help with this!

Just to expand on the other great answers here:

1 & 2 Playing your SK and KissAssist plays rest of group + manually firing stuff. Yes that will work fine except for buffs on your SK. KA uses a Buff tracker file that each toon running KA reports current buffs to. So the SK may get group buffs or some single target when you start everybody up, but KA doesn't target toons to check buffs again, it relies on that file.

Manual mode, as mentioned above, is a built in function of KA that lets you run KA with certain sections turned off. So if you have DPS off, you get to choose which abilities/spells you cast in combat. If you run manual with buffs on, then you'd be reporting in to the KA buff file and the other KA toons would know when you needed a buff refreshed.

Assuming your running in manual KA, you can have Burn section on and use the "/burn" or "/bcaa //burn" command.

3. Plugins and extras. So Vanilla is going to give you a ton of default plugins and will have most of the important ones turned on when you start. As mentioned above, MQ2Nav is probably the most useful one that also requires the extra step of making/DL'n meshes for each zone. EQBC server is the other one that requires a little extra setup but is well worth it if you're running multiple toons. MQ2Melee is another one you may want to read up on as playing your SK manually, that plugin can still try to do things like move-to targets, lock on targets, FD, standup from FD and cast certain spells for you even if KA isn't running.

From a previous post about getting started with KA/MQ2:
----

Getting started. So I'll assume you have Vanilla installed.:

• Download premade ini files for each toon from the compiled ini. Customize these as needed using the KA ini FAQ as a guide. As you get more experienced, you can just write you own ini if you want.
  • (Optional, but recommended) Setup EQBC server which is included in Vanilla. This lets you relay commands from one toon's MQ2 window to other toons or your whole group at once. This lets you use the broadcast commands like /bcaa (send to all toons), /bcg (send to my group), /bct (tell command).
  • (Optional, but recommended) Setup MQ2Nav plugin which is included in Vanilla, but requires a "nav mesh" for each zone you want to use it in. These can be made with the included mesh generator (/Release/MQ2Nav folder) or downloaded from premade mesh resources (1 / 2). Meshes aren't included in Vanilla since they are large files 1-10 MB. Get the ones you need or download a whole batch. This powerhouse of a plugin will let KA/MQ2 navigate/pull around most obstacles and find its way through complex dungeon maps. After you download/make a new mesh, you need to use "/nav reload" to have the plugin refresh the zone's mesh info.

I do have two follow up questions. If I use /mac kissassist manual for my SK, but don't put anything in her kissassist.ini other than her role. Would that give me full control over her, and still allow her to be buffed and do the auto rez/ accept teleports etc? I pretty much want full control over the pulling (the part I enjoy the most) and anything combat related.

Want to control your SK as far as selecting targets and moving him around?

Try this:
https://www.redguides.com/community...unning-kiss-eqmule-version.68300/#post-375800

He will do all the other stuff you have set up in your KA file. Read carefully the instructions to set up.

Last edited:
Sounds like you want to play eq like i do, play sk and the rest of the group assists you.
To do that everyone else has outlined whats needed above.
If you ever have to tab over to another char, it means you have not gotten your inis right or don’t have your hotkeys working properly.

A well configured kissassist character will just do it’s job and follow you around while you play your sk...

As for understanding the macro language, that will come in time, i mean come on... ${Me.ID}? You really should be able to figure out that it’s your characters spawn ID... and stick means well, stick to your ID 5 feet away using the uw flag... uw means underwater and takes depth into account... thats not a given though. ;)

As for understanding the macro language, that will come in time, i mean come on... ${Me.ID}? You really should be able to figure out that it’s your characters spawn ID... and stick means well, stick to your ID

I think this is part of the learning gap I was talking about. It may be brain dead simple to you, but yes that bit doesn't make sense to me. What's the $ mean? If I want it to be another group member is it ${F1.ID}? ${Caster.ID}? ${clericID}? ${Assist.ID}? Also, there are several post here that say "stick" and some that say "chase" and some that say stick is the old way, and to use to use chase now. Are these the same thing? Or do they different things. In the previous expample of /bca //stick id ${Me.ID} 5 uw ...
am I really the only person who didn't know what uw means? ><

Thanks to you all, I get the /bca now though! I kinda look forward to figuring this all out, but being SO newbie somethings it's not obvious where to look to get the information I need.

Reading through the replies here, it sounds like I was heading in the right general direction, I just didn't know it lol.

I have bookmarked the .ini files eqtrader74 and deathlock linked above. This weekend I will try those out and do some tweaking as need and see how it goes. I have noticed on several .ini-s that the spells listed in each section like buffs, dps, burns etc far out number the available gem slots in game. Am I correct in guessing that kissassist will use whatever is actually memmed as long as it's in the ini list and the reason so many spells are listed in in the ini is so you don't have to tweak it if you need to change up your usual spell set for whatever reason? Is there order in which you put the spells in the .ini important?

~ Nov

Nov

Welcome to the wonderful world of setting up your multi boxing experience. Please take this post as more of an encouragement than actual fixes (offered by other, more experienced players). This, from someone that is going through this process just a few paces ahead of you, so I can totally relate. There have been times where I was so pissed off at this whole thing. There have been times where I actually said out loud..."Why does this have to be so hard"? Well, keep your chin up, there is light at the end of the tunnel. And you are on the right track. I would offer a couple pieces of advise to make things easier.

1. I learned long ago that programmers do talk in their own language, and that I would never really learn it myself. I have always said that I "know just enough to be dangerous". So I applied an age old principle to this particular problem. You don't need to learn the language to use it, just emulate it. The principle is that you don't need to re invent the wheel. Take what has already been written here and use that as a cut and paste model for your macros. I have a whole list of examples I can point you to if you want them. I keep it up as an open file in Notepad++ all the time.

2. Use the KISS principle. Kissassist is anything BUT simple lol. I backed way off from KA at first. I found (like you) it is WAY to intimidating and ISBoxer didn't help at all. It was just overwhelming me and making it much worse than it needed to be. Until I came across a post that said to take it easy (like the old Eagles song lol). Take the complexity out of the equation. Go back to basics. Re orient yourself to what it is you actually want to do. And start taking it step by step. I actually made a check list of what I wanted to do and the steps necessary to accomplish that. After about a month, I have my list down to about half, mostly because I keep adding to it. I found that taking just one addon or plugin or macro at a time and learning what I needed to implement it and then putting it into actual use in game, AND then the most important step...troubleshooting it to make it work the way I wanted it to. That process is working for me. Slow but sure, and the added benefit of building your confidence with every success, small as they might be.

3. I gave up on using ISBoxer the way it should be used. It is way beyond me in complexity and sophistication. And believe me I put some time into studying it. I use it very sparingly now. I still like some of the basic features a lot. I use it to create Character Sets, the Wizard is great for that and really easy to use. And I have 2 monitors so I really like using the Window layout feature and the Window swapping that comes with it. And keeping the same aspect ratio when I do use the mouse broadcasting button to click on something in all 6 windows at the same time. Like logging in, first I right click the Innerspace Icon in the tray to select which character set I want to load. After all 6 accounts are loaded, I turn off key broadcasting and turn ON mouse broadcasting, type in my password on all 6 accounts at the same time and press enter. Then press enter again when the Server screen comes up to get to the character select screen. Then Use the mouse to click on the Enter World button on all characters at the same time. And then (Pro Tip lol) Use my scroll wheel on the mouse to pan out each characters view to 3rd person, at the same time (my preference). Then I turn OFF mouse broadcasting and pretty much forget about ISB for the rest of the day. Unless I get a character disconnected, then I go back to the Innerspace icon in the tray and use the "Character Sets SLOTS" to re load that particular character that got disconnected. Cool. I know I paid a subscription for ISB when I thought that was the cat's ass for boxing, and those that use it, swear by it, enough that they convinced me. That was before I tried to use it and before I learned about MQ2. I find MQ2 easier (hard as it has been) to learn and actually use.

4. Almar's guides was the one who convinced me to back off quite a bit on the complexity. He ran into some of the same problems getting started as we are. And he is a programmer by trade. He developed a systems of macros that would accomplish most of the really basic things for making multi boxing work. Macros are pretty easy, and if you don't get into the whole "learn to code" thing, really easy to implement and troubleshoot. Lots of times, I found that misspelling was a problem. So the macros quickly morphed into using EQBC. And I learned about it and man what a time saver that is. Made my life easier that's for sure. Getting EQBC setup was pretty hard at first, but I persisted and now I have it setup to load when I start my computer, I consider it THAT important. Follow the instructions in that post you linked in your previous post to install it that way. Just cntl-alt-del and click on the task manager, go to the "Performance" tab and click on the "Resource Monitor" button, click on the "Memory" tab, scroll down to the "E's" and see if EQBCS.exe is loaded. I don't even check it anymore. and besides you will know right away if it's not working properly. Then there is a little talked about plugin that makes your life so much better, MQ2AutoAccept. Yeah set that up, learn the commands or edit that ini file, just do it lol. I have a macro for Autoinvite, a real time saver. One button and all my characters join the group, nice. Anyways, I created a new group of 6 noob characters to learn on and get the actual feel for setting up to 6 box (which was the goal after all). And I used macros to control them, I used the "Afollow" command for follow, I setup one macro for follow and one to "stop follow", simple and worked great. Except it didn't work great when I wanted everyone in the group to melee my target, sheesh. My casters would stand there and do nothing. Why does everything have to be so hard. Anyways this led me to find out about MQ2Melee and it's settings. Now my casters even melee when I want them to. Macros make things easy. Just don't do quests, man what a pain in the ass. But there are ways to make things "less painful" at least. A macro to make all characters "Hail" a quest giver. Another to have all characters "say" the replies that you have to give (again EQBC to the rescue) /bcga //say soandso. Instead of swapping out to each character and clicking on the text, man talk about time consuming. Another macro to "accept" the task given on all characters. That's 3 buttons. You see where this is headed? By the time I was done I had filled up 4 button bars. I had macros coming out my ears, but by golly I could write some fricken macros. Which led to:

4. Kissassist. The point of this whole exercise. To somewhat automate (gasp! don't say that out load) your 6 box crew. Too many button bars, taking up too much screen real estate. And then having to press all those buttons, too time consuming and then just knowing that Kissassist was there to use. Sigh, time to dive in. It was better and easier than I thought. Key point here, getting your Kissassist macro setup properly for YOUR group. Most important to do this right. Tank is the Tank, assist is everyone else, and puller is a whole different story. One of the guys here made this for me recently:

/bct Dps1 //mac kissassist assist tankname
/bct Dps2 //mac kissassist assist tankname
/bct CC //mac kissassist assist tankname
/bct clr //mac kissassist assist tankname
/bct Tank //mac kissassist Tank tankname

Note the /bct command? Those are YOUR characters names. This is so you don't have to manually target your tank initially. It is all spelled out with their names. Made specifically for this group. What a time saver. Because once you make one group (like Pringles) you'll make another, sure enough. Getting back to it here. DO use the ini library here to copy and paste every 5 levels. Another time saver and also use the principals we have been talking about here, namely don't try to reinvent the wheel. And don't completely abandon your macros, I found this out the hard way. Gradually, ease out of them. But one you will have to decide on right away is the whole "Follow" debate. I will leave that to you to follow up on lol. I am still experimenting so I don't have an opinion on it at this time.

Little story for your amusement. So, first day of using Kissassist, I switched my Follow commands over to Chase on and off. I was headed to Crypt of Nadox to check out KA and fine tune it for my group. Take the Gulf of Gunthak stone in POK, port into GoG on the ship, Chase on, run down the pier past the Lighthouse, everyone following? Ok cool, we got this. Jump off the pier into the water for the long swim and...shit everyone is drowning...oh shit, what do I do? Panic...think...ok get everyone swimming UP to the surface. Swap to each screen and use the ole Pageup key and oh shit...times up, first one then half and finally all but the Leader dies from drowning. To make matters worse, I was cussing myself out so bad for being such a dumbshit for letting everyone die that I even forgot that the leader (who was the only one left alive) is a Paladin. And I didn't use his Rez spell to rez everyone, I ran them all back from POK while the Pally was still treading water in the Gulf, sheesh. Should have heard me when I realized that little bit of information. The dog ran out of the room with his tail tucked between his legs. You even mentioned this in a previous thread. What does "uw" mean? Well I found out the hard way. It fricken means "UNDERWATER", no shit sherlock. With uw your characters follow you on the Z axis as well, so they don't like...drown. So now I have gone back to using my Follow macro with /afollow spawn ${Me.ID} uw 5 command in it. Damn game will make a fool of you every time.

Ok enough, my hands are getting tired, and yes, I AM long winded. But I hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Remember one key thing (that I have to remind myself of on almost a daily basis) this is still just a game. It's supposed to be fun. Back off the complexity and decrease the frustration levels, you will be more relaxed and start to feel more confident. Start having fun again. Just yesterday, I did Franklin Teeks Daily quest with my group, had to go to Mons Letalis and kill 5 whatevers. I make the hike to Mons Letalis (never been there before) and start tracking the lil monsters. Hmmm everything seems to con non aggressive, cool this should make it easier. Get to a place to kill the gatherers and get aggroed by the 2 rock guys, oh shit. KA kicks in and starts doing it's thing. Phew. Here comes 3 Rockhoppers that have aggroed off the Rock guys. OH SHIT. 5 of them on me now. Well KA did it's job really well. My group wiped out and I mean kicked the ass off all the Rock guys and Rockhoppers, (they kept adding), in the area. Took about 10 minutes but they did it. I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open going "Holy shit" they actually did it, they survived and best of all, KICKED ASS. (Fist pump) So gratifying, made me smile. That was my golden moment when I realized that all the work I put into this over the last month was all worth it. Keep asking questions here and on Discord. Bunch of great people here, as you have seen in this thread. Helped me out every time I asked. Oh and read some of Razkles stories...made me laugh and made me think 'I want to be like Razkles" lol.

Yeah I think you'll find there are multiple ways to get things done with MQ2/KA. It is a large repository of code and people have written quite a few solutions to certain things.

Group movement: So I think what happens here is there are a lot of movement options and people tend to figure out one that works for them. You've got "follow" type things like /chase or /stick. Then "movement" type ones like /moveto, /nav or EasyFind. I prefer to use MQ2Nav's /nav to a loc or to a toon/NPC movement feature for my group. So either I give a pre-set locations for common camps or I have everybody move to my tank's current loc. (From full post here.)

You can play around with the options until you find one you like. I think "/chase" is a current favorite for people that want their group to constantly follow one toon.

KA spellsets and extra spells: KA is smart and will un-mem/re-mem a spell if you need to Buff. For DPS/Heals/Burn, I'm not sure if it will stop and mem the missing spell or not. You can control the spellslot used for this and whether KA will put the original spell back after buffing with General section:
INI:
MiscGem=8
MiscGemRemem=1
Tip: Make this gem slot something that doesn't have a long refresh or you'll find it's locked out often.

Spellsets have 3 KA options.
  • 0=Just use whatever spells are there when you start KA
  • 1=Load the listed EQ spellset by name
  • 2=Load the spells listed in the ini [MySpells] section
Option 2 is the most popular as you can use the same spellset as the person that wrote the ini, but some older ini files were made before 2 was available so they don't have the MySpells section.

INI:
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=2
SpellSetName=CombatSongs

[MySpells]
Gem1=Dichotomic Psalm
Gem2=Travenro's Spiteful Lyric
Gem3=Arcane Ballad
Gem4=Aria of Begalru
Gem5=Pulse of Xigam
Gem6=Sathir's Insult
Gem7=Travenro's Song of Suffering
Gem8=Requiem of Time
Gem9=War March of Dekloaz
Gem10=Jembel's Lively Crescendo
Gem11=Slumber of Jembel
Gem12=Aura of Begalru
Gem13=Kluzen's Spry Sonata

Eqtrader74

I have a question concerning SpellSets for ya. Can you utilize different spell sets for different functions with in the KA ini file? For instance, I have different spell sets defined in game ex; Combat, Buffs, Travel. Can I use say the Buffs spell set in the Buffs section of the ini? I tried the:

LoadSpellSet=1
SpellSetName=Buffs

at the beginning of the Buffs section, but it didn't work. Just wondering if that can be done?

Whoot! I had a fair bit of progress this weekend!! For my sanity's sake, I decided to get one toon at a time lined out and working before moving on to another. So this weekend end I got my druid working, healing when she's suppose to, nuking when she's supposed to, and she buffs but there seems to be a pretty substantial delay between each buff cast but I can't see where there's a buff version of DPSInterval to play with timing between spell casts. Is there something else I can tweek to shorten the gap between buffs? CheckBuffTimer=10 which seems to be the default on all the .ini's I have looked at. Buffs are turned on and RebuffOn is well...on.

The only other toon I managed to get mostly working this weekend is my mage. Here I am having some trouble. Not only does she not buff, but when I load /mac kissassist everything goes fine until it gets the line about PetToys...after that line in the mq2 window I get nothing but a never ending loop of MQ2: NULL spamming that window. This happens when my pet doesn't have any toys equipped as well as when it does have weapons equipped. When killing mobs, she (the mage) is nuking what and when she's suppose to and the pet is buffed and sent in when it's suppose to, it's just the buffs that's aren't firing off and the MQ2:NULL Spam that seem to be the issue with her. I have included the [Pet] and [Buff] sections of the ini below.

and lastly....I started working on my wizard .ini and I need help parsing this conditional:

Cond7=${Target.Named} || ${Me.XTarget}> 2

The .ini I am using as the base has this as a conditional for the Call of Xuzl spell (wizard pet). Other than the target has to be a named, I'm not exactly sure what the rest of this conditional says.

As always, any help is appreciated!!!

@ Vrakenor I loved your drowning story! I did something similar when I first started multi boxing though it was with Bard travel over the Dreadlands and the resulting rain of toons

INI:
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetShrinkOn=1
PetShrinkSpell=Amethyst Ward of the Companion
PetCombatOn=1
PetFocus=Amethyst Ward of the Companion
PetSpell=Facet of Air
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffsSize=8
PetBuffs1=Burnout X
PetBuffs2=Iceflame Ward
PetBuffs3=Host in the shell
PetBuffs4=Fortify Companion
PetToysOn=1
PetToysSize=6
PetToysGave=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
PetForceHealOnMed=0

[Buffs}
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Arcane Distellect|Aura
Buffs2=Cognitive Guardian Rk. II
Buffs3=Shield Bronze
Buffs4=Elemental Form: Water
Buffs5=Tellurian Bodyguard
Buffs6=Bridle of the Corrupted Sokokar|Mount
Buffs7=Familiar of the Emerald Jungle
Buff8=Summon Familiar:Emerald Sokokar|Remove
Buff9=Voracious Flames|MA|Cond1
Buff10=Circle of Dreamfire
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10

${Target.Named} Your current Target is a Namer
||(or)
${Me.XTarget}> 2 You have more than 1 entry in your Xtarget window.

You have to be careful with the ${Me.XTarget}> 2 if any of your XTarget entries are set to something other than AutoHater.

Me.Xtarget returns the number of Xtargets in use. You might want to use ${Me.XTHaterCount}>2 or ${Me.XTAggroCount}>2

The wizard pet is like a cold, once you let it loose, you can't control it. So, knowing that, if I only plan to use the pet on named mobs, is there any reason I would need to have the ${Me.XTarget}> 2 in there at all?

The only other toon I managed to get mostly working this weekend is my mage. Here I am having some trouble. Not only does she not buff, but when I load /mac kissassist everything goes fine until it gets the line about PetToys...after that line in the mq2 window I get nothing but a never ending loop of MQ2: NULL spamming that window.

You have PetToys defined as "ON" but you haven't actually specified any gear to be given. Here is my Pet section from a working level 76 mage. Also note that the "Size" parameters match the actual number of defined settings. Also, I heavily comment my INI files by the use of the "!" at the beginning of a line to serve as a reminder for the next time I have to edit the file.

And yes I realize that after level 75 your mage pets don't really need armor or heirlooms but I use this mage to give weapons to my Enchanter's pet and it uses the mage settings to know what gear to give that other classes pet!

INI:
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=Core of Air
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=1
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffsSize=5
! Fire pets have their own dmg shield.
PetBuffs1=Lavaskin
PetBuffs2=Rathe's Strength
PetBuffs3=Velocity
PetBuffs4=Burnout VII
PetBuffs5=Iceflame Body
PetCombatOn=1
PetAssistAt=99
PetToysSize=4
PetToysOn=1
PetToys1=Summon Elemental Armaments|Summoned: Jagged Ragesword|Summoned: Jagged Ragesword
PetToys2=Summon Plate of the Prime
PetToys3=Summon Nastel's Heirlooms
PetToys4=Summon Muzzle of Mowcha
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=1
PetForceHealOnMed=0
PetAttackDistance=115

Thanks Ctailor22, I will just remove it then!

@bigdaddy - So the endless MQ2:NULL loop was because I had MQ2 looking for toys, but didn't tell it what toys should be there? I will use your snippit there and adjust it for the spell/armor for my level. If I haven't already summoned the armament bag, will kissassist know to do that? Or do I need manually summon it?

And yes I realize that after level 75 your mage pets don't really need armor or heirlooms but I use this mage to give weapons to my Enchanter's pet and it uses the mage settings to know what gear to give that other classes pet!

Oooo, I can use kissassist to give my other pet class toons armor and goodies?!?!?! Does Kissassist do that automatically? Do I have to specific what pet/class get's the armor and goodies? Where can I find out more about this aspect?!

~ Nov

I shamelessly stole this concept from a post I saw here just last week. I don't remember who posted it but since it works so well I adopted it for myself.

My enchanter has a social button I called PetToysPlz, that social button has a single line command. (Remember! The Mage is only able to give the toys that have previously been defined in their own INI file! The alternate pet class cannot ask for a specific piece of gear. You could get around that by having multiple mages with differing pettoys configurations however!)

INI:
/bct Mage_Name //pettoysplz ${Me.Pet.CleanName}

A'kay first off, thanks so much for the help! It's taken about two weeks but it seems that for the most part I have my group up and running, and I know I wouldn't be this far along if not for the help for you guys with newb questions, and some great .ini help. There is some fine tuning I'm working on as I stress test this configuration, but I'm sure that's expected.

I do, however, have a couple of more questions I can't seem to puzzle out that hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction

1) Currently, I am using /chaseon and /chaseoff to make my group follow and stop following me, to me this seems a much cleaner, more simple set up to the camp here function as I understand it. However, I have to use isboxer to broadcast this to macros set up on each toon to make it work. When I tried using /bcg //chaseon from just my driver...nothing happens. EQBC is setup and each of my toons is connected to it (I see them each connect when they log on in the mq2 window), but nothing happens...and I'm not sure where to go to research. Everything I've read so far on EQBC tells me this should work, but doesn't really tell you what to do if it doesn't work lol.

2.) How can I turn off the auto face mob on my SK? This feature has killed me more than anything else in my learning curve lol. If a mob gets in melee range of my sk before she's at camp I can't unstick from the mob(s) and drag them back to camp. I don't mind the feature AT camp, but while pulling it's more of a handicap than a help. I run the SK in manual mode, and there isn't anything in her kissassist ini other than accept rez on. I've actually deleted her kissassist .ini and tried pulling without kissassist on her and she still turns to face the mob, so it's something other than kissassist that's making her do that...I just don't know what lol!!

3) Once my boxes are set to kissassist there are a couple of abilities that just become a nightmare to use if not flat out impossible. Example, trying to rez a toon outside of the group. I can't target them to rez on my cleric. The Nanosecond I click on anything other than my sk, she instantly retargets my sk. I kind of get that. she's a healer, she would want the SK to be her target..but surely there is some way to pause this so she can target other people for buffs and rezes that outside of her .ini?! Is this someone I need to /bct //<do something> from my driver to do? Is there a way to pause Kissassist?

4) This one is related to #3 I think. I have my spells assigned in the kissassist ini for all my toons except the sk. So when I try to meme a port spells on my wizard or druid, the portal spell is unmemmed immediately and replaced with what was assigned to that slot in the ini file. So If I want to use a port, do I need to un-assign one of the spell gems in the ini file and set it to NULL? Is there another way I can have my druid or wizard port the group using mq2 that I'm not aware of? It's a minor frustration since I only really need to do this at the beginning and the end of my night, but it's really frustrating when I DO need to port lol!

5) Lastly, the auto rez isn't working on my cleric. I have it turned on, and I have her reviviscence <sp> set as the rez to use, but she's never auto-cast it. Is there some other place I need to turn this function on at? AND....if there are 3 or more people dead, can you use conditionals on rezes so that she uses group rez instead of single target rez? I've been having some fun figuring out conditionals, and it "seems" like it's something you could with a rez, but I haven't seen any examples of something like that.

Hi Novbre

Although I am just a noob myself, I will try to answer some of your questions in the interest of timeliness.

1. I flat out stopped using ISB for anything, I just don't understand it. Anyways I have been experimenting with these commands for a bit now and here are my conclusions. I tried the /chase on and couldn't get it to work right or at all. I found out (as documented in another thread) that you need to check your alias' to see if /chase on is named something different, mine was named /chaseon. Made all the difference in the world. I have tried /stick...that works pretty good but has it's limitations. /Afollow works real good. But what I found works great and very consistent is the "Followme" button that's built into the bottom of your Group Window. Couple of things about this button I like. It has a VISUAL indicator to let you know whether it is on or off (looks like a console button that is depressed or not). And it works all the time, in other words, it works whether I am running KA active or paused (unlike chase, KA needs to be running for it to work). If you can't see the 3 buttons at the bottom of your Group Window then make the window larger (longer) and if you still can't see them them, then you need to turn them on. Use the plugin info for MQ2TargetInfo to enable them. Or I think you can right click on the window itself and change the state of the buttons there (not totally sure about this one).

2. OK a couple of things about this one. If you are NOT running a KA ini file for your SK then this behavior can only be controlled by MQ2Melee. And it has a /stick command line in the ini file for it. So that is where you have to go to change it. Now that last bit of advise is for your situation alone (not running your SK in KA mode). IF you do run a a KA ini file for the SK then there is a "Melee" section (in the KA ini file) that controls that behavior. A lot of people here disable MQ2Melee completely (set it to off or a "0") in the KA ini file. Anyways you can change the /stick mode in MQ2Melee or disable it altogether. Should solve that problem.

3. & 4. You are correct, there is a pause for KA. And it does indeed, affect these 2 issues directly. The name of the command is "/mqp" and it operates as a toggle. On or off. I use /bcga //mqp to pause all in my group and /mqp on my tank (so I can do whatever, manually). So, let me list the macro's I use this command in:

1. PauseAll - /bcga //mqp
2. PauseMe - /mqp
3. Camp - /bcga //camphere
/bcga //mqp off
4. Movecamp - /bcga //camphere off
/bcga //mqp on

So, to directly answer your questions, you pause all, or just your Wizard and then mem your port spell with no interference from KA. And your cleric can target and rez whoever she wants to just by pausing. As a matter of fact, you use pause whenever KA is automating things you don't want it to.

5. This is the one I am not real sure of, but I have a couple of things for you to check out. In your KA ini file for the cleric, check the "Heals" section. Is "AutoRez" =0/1/2? If set for 0 then it is turned off. You want 1 or 2 (2 for rez AFTER comabt is over only). Also do you have a spell name in the next line down, (AutoRezWith, and is it spelled right)? Then in the "General" section of each toon in your group there is a line for "RezAcceptOn". Here is a copy n paste from https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/kissassist-instructions-settings-info.26002/#heal.

0=Off/1=On, |%=minimum rez% to accept the rez. - Enables MQ2Rez autoaccept. (Example: RezAcceptOn=1|96), so if that percentage doesn't match the percentage of the spell you are using that can block the rez. (Not totally sure about this one).

After that I don't know what to say. I find that half my problems are misspelled words. So I double and then triple check my spellings when nothing seems obvious. Hope this helps you out.

@ Vrakenor

The /afollow is awesome....if they are all grouped. It doesn't seem to work if they aren't in the same group. I frequently group with guildies, so while I am usually always 6 boxing they usually aren't always in the same group. I wasn't on long last night to work out the kinks, but tonight I will try some other combinations. it would be nice to wean off off isboxer if possible.

I tinkered with some settings in mq2melee and got no joy, so tonight I am going to delete it entirely and see if that fixes the face mob issues. thank you for pointing mq2melee out. I assumed everything driving my toons was kissassist!

I will try and post my cleric's ini later tonight when I get home. Most of the ini's am using are a mishmash various ini examples out there, and I suspect my issue may be a version mistype or something like that.

Anyway thank you for your help, you've been a HUGE help to me!

~ Novbre

Question - <<Warning! Warning!>> Wonder Newb Inc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back