• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Warning to all MQ users, includes me, lol (1 Viewer)

sadius45

RedCents
Apparently SoE is sending out some kind of code / file client side to find all MQ users, depending on how long youve used it is how hard your punishment will be.
If anyone remember "The Warden" for WoW, its going to be similar to that.

one of my old GM friends, my GM account just got taken away not 2 months ago for jacking around on my play account, but, if they do send it out, all ya gotta do is find it in the ini code, and delete it. huge thing with privacy.

This is usual bs, over half of EQ uses MQ. SoE will do nothing, and cannot do anything.

All this " My GM friend told me " and " my GM friend is a HIGH GUIDE! " crap must stop.

Noone has anything to worry about.

To add. A GM works AT SoE. A Guide helps with QUESTS. Guides are NOTHING.

Sure in the past they gave out warnings and such but the system has changed.

Even back then Guides had no actual authority.

Again, SoE is doing NOTHING.

no, iwas a guide, this is a GM im talking about, he tells me about a lot of the warp warnings, ways theyre trying to detect it, crap like that, and no, not over half of EQ uses MQ2. Both blizzard and SoE are talking about programs and client side codes to make sure were not changing ini files. its a huge warning, not just a rumour, and most of the stuff he tells me comes into effect. I would give you his name but i know there are people from SoE who browse these boards.

So for the poster above, dont kid yourself.

:EDIT: Also, i wouldnt have posted on here if i wasnt worried about it, because that means about 4 of my accounts are in risk. he said the files are going to be transferred with a patch, and of course un mentioned. The way MQ2 works, is that its a packet sniffer. So its pretty much going to be some kind of thing to check the packets and remain them untouched, and if they are, sends automatic reports server side.

Whats keeping them from doing it right now? Privacy Issues, if they can get past that, MQ2s gone pretty much.

Actually, it is nearing a majority of EQ players using MQ2.

Just ask Lax how many hits he gets on MQ2.com on a patch day.

sadius45 said:
no, iwas a guide, this is a GM im talking about, he tells me about a lot of the warp warnings, ways theyre trying to detect it, crap like that, and no, not over half of EQ uses MQ2. Both blizzard and SoE are talking about programs and client side codes to make sure were not changing ini files. its a huge warning, not just a rumour, and most of the stuff he tells me comes into effect. I would give you his name but i know there are people from SoE who browse these boards.

So for the poster above, dont kid yourself.

if you enlighten us with 'ways they are trying to detect warp' then we will talk, for now it's just another 'sky is falling' post.

Im sorry if it seems that way, ill try to get as much info on it as i can. As i said, its a fair warning. Never said it was 100% nor did i say everyones going to get banned / that sort of crap.

And about the warping issue, he says its going to be some sort of thing, That the way warp works, is it lags out the zone, moves you to wherever you /warped. And youre gtg, thats why if you /warp succor you always get hit a couple of times, because that small bit of lag shows you next to the mob, but, the way theyre going to detect warp. Is as soon as the zone hits that bit of lag when someones warping, its going to report everyones loc in the zone, if the change in the loc is too great, then its considered warping to SoE.

sadius45, they already DO that for warp, but here's your problem, lag causes it too, AND you can kill the packet that reports it.

the docracks, as in nostun or nosummon.. he said theyre going to try to make it to where the mob pretty much rolls a dice like.. lets say at 100, if it lands anywhere between 10 - 20, it stuns you. If you have nostun on, and your loc is swapped forward, to the side or anything besides the results of knockback, then youre sol. Detecting EB is going to be they set your level of breath on a timer, if youre underwater for too long and that timer runs out, it checks your equip / spells / songs and effects to see if you have an EB item on, if you dont, its considered to be changing an offset, etc...

TeachersPet said:
sadius45, they already DO that for warp, but here's your problem, lag causes it too, AND you can kill the packet that reports it.

ive never hit a lag spike and ended up across a zone though =D know what i mean?

and also thats all im trying to say, is if they DO do this, all youll have to do is kill the code or whatever they make it into, just gotta search for it.

IE, bottom line of this post, from now on before loading up MQ2 after patches, check every file that was added / changed in your EQ folder.

if you see anything that resembles something that can be sent serverside, delete it.

Just quit while you're ahead dude. SoE's said for years that they've taken care of hackers. They've also probably realized that if they were to get rid of MQ2 and/or start banning hackers, they would kill too much business to sustain their most successful MMO (almost their ONLY successful MMO).

If they HAVEN'T realized this by now, they deserve to kill their company.

Not to mention, if they were banning just for having MQ2 up, dkaa would catch it WAY before MQ2 was publicly released and there would either be a fix or a warning for it.

The MQ2 devs aren't retarded or else there wouldn't be an MQ2 to begin with.

Alright, didnt mean to cause up any kind of problems, just wanted to warn yall, new to this sort of stuff. havent been on redguides too long as you can see by my post count =D

The thing is that it's quite easy to do checks for most of this stuff we are talking about. They never did it and I don't believe they will anytime soon.

As to warp, it's very easy to detect if a warp is due to lag or not. If you just block the check packet right now, well that's an obvious warp and that's easy to detect too. There are two smarter ways to go about warp packets but they are mutually exclusive and it's impossible to say which one of them is being detected right now. Oh how I wish I had their server code :)

btw, dunno what you would do with it, but i still got the updated CShome files, lol, and all the GM guidelines and what not, if anyone wants em, PM me

dont for get that going into the users computer to retrieve files is illegal soe would first get the rights, then post about it stating this is what we want to do to your computer will let us?.. answer no and move on.. if they wont let you play EQ like blizzard did WoW well they can kiss EQ goodbye

Bloodcell said:
. later leading to one of the biggest and more diverse old world raids many have seen.
QUOTE]

Had a hand in the death of the Sleeper? not that Velious is old-world.

shadowman33 said:
amazing how this place is slowly but surely turning into the mq2 forums.....
so so sad....
/agree shadowman :(

Remember all, this is NOT the MQ2 forums!! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and doesn't deserve to be flamed to give it!!

Hell, you don't even need to agree with it, and give your opinion (and why)... this is how great discoveries are made!!

I'm sure if Sadius get's more info, he/she will post it in more detail as it comes in.

In the meantime.../chant... NO MORE FLAMES.... NO MORE FLAMES...

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=4792 FYI

sadius45 said:
ive never hit a lag spike and ended up across a zone though =D know what i mean?

Not all the time. If you LD you more then likey won't find yourself in the same place because the toon attacks or chain cast spells or runs some place or whatever

try using a router and unplug your connection but watch your lag meter and when it gets down to yellow or about 30% then plug back in...you well have run across the zone since you are not Link-Dead till you are at 0% connection then you well hit or do stuff.....

Warning to all MQ users, includes me, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back