• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Warning: Scammer on Tribunal (1 Viewer)

RedDog

RedCents
There is a scammer on the loose on Tribunal. He's gotten at least one account I know of, and has scammed some cash from that players guildmates. And hes attempted to scam a few others. I'm sure he's not limiting his prey to Tribunal either.

His 'modus operandi' is to send a /tell to the real player, impersonating either a friend of theirs or (in my case) the original owner of the acct. He's a slick article and has managed to get info easily from even the most sceptical people. (I'm a born sceptic and a cynic to boot)

He blew it in my case when he tried to tell me he didn't remember the login for the acct (that he just transfered for me yesterday) so once I calmed down and stopped panicking I was Ok. My buddy wasn't as lucky. He lost his 75 CLEAN Monk - DK/DP flagged and 1K+ AAs - because he fell for the spiel about being an old buddy that didn't have much time to play and just needed his DPS for some quest.

The guy then logged on my buddy's acct and scammed a guildmate out of $300 bucks for a ticket to 'fly home for his mom's funeral' (Saying she'd died suddenly that afternoon) They believed it cause the real owner is the kind of guy you'd go out of your way to help

If anyone is interested, the scammer's name's Ryan Howell, and he lives in Wayne, MI. (According to the info he gave the guildie that sent him the WU)

This guy is scum.

This guy has hit people on stromm also. IF it is the same person. He has somehow gotten log in info for numerous accounts, log onto them, then went for people in that toon's guild or friends list. 3 accounts that I know of on stromm have been taken and SOE is currently doing shit about it but giving the actual account owner a hard time.

All 3 accounts have had all the info changed on them. So the actual owners are having a hard time proving ownership. 2 of these accounts were people in my guild and when he was on them, he sent tells to guildmates asking if he could use their toon while they are not playing. That is how he is getting more log in info. People are thinking it is the real guildmate when it is not.

Giving your log in info to anyone is just an invite to begin with. Much less doing in in game or via email, etc.

You would think the petition system.... Would be faulty proof. but really just a little quick edit and a nice person on the otherside gets your shit changed

lol that guy is dumb also to not have his phone number unlisted, or use a P.O box address instead of his real address. www.whitepages.com I found his phone number, wondering if I should have some of my friends in the Detroit area harrass him.

shadowman33 said:
who's to say that is even his real name and or address?
He picked up a Western Union Money Transfer using that name. You have to show photo ID that matches the name the transfer is sent to or you don't get the cash

ya sorry reddog, I did not even think of that at the time. I say we gang his ass and beat him to within an inch of his life LOL.

Damn Acig... that's some intense stuff. The only way an account like that can have so many missed password attempts was if someone was using a random password generator to try to find the right one... lol your real password must have been quite the "strong" password :P

Acigaretteandsex said:
lol it was a ex's account so i made the password .... well .... "demeaning"...

Ha ha, my buddy has an ex that keeps figuring out his passwords so he uses a pretty demeaning password too now lol.

Warning: Scammer on Tribunal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back