• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Walkthru:The Sanctorium (1 Viewer)

Niskin

RedCents
Or we like like to call it: The Spankatorium :D This is an instance zone from the Sinking Sands geared for groups in the mid 40's to low 50's. I duo it with my 52 guardian and a 54 warden bud of mine. PHAT LEWTS and great exp in there if you play it right. FIrst of all go clockwise. When ya zone in, you're in a tunnel with undead mobs in the 1 to three up range depending on if they're grouped or not. Clear those and you come to a courtyard of sorts. To your right are a pair of epic mobs, lvl 55ish epic x2 if I recall. Ignore them, they will poof soon enough. To your left is where ya wanna go...clockwise remember?...SLOWLY have your tank prox pull the mobs if you are in a small group, if yer full group, then I would say it's safe to nuke pull ro however ya do it. Clearing the few roamers in this area, work your way left along the wall to another tunnel, NOW It gets fun! Clear this tunnel and yer in another cavern. Pull mobs FROM THE WALL to left then go right and clear those. When you have all the roamers cleared, a group of 3 remain in the middle all linked. Target the healer and take him down first or life will get rough. THEN take the named or his buddy whichever the tank decides to spank on. This named usually drops a scout bracer of some sort. Back out of tunnel go left again to the snake room. This one is a bear and takes patience....watch them path a few secs then prox pull the closest snake.Clearing again to get to the named. Then out again and clear a few roamers n snakes in the middle and get the last static named room, lil mound in the way so be careful how ya pull. Both of these rooms drop a few goodies and occasionally a master chest. NOW clear the main room in the center and goto the hallway where the epics used to be when ya zoned in.
You'll see a big pool of water with some mummies worshipping an orc (heh go figger) prox pull the mummies and then the orc becomes attackable. Ortallis I think is the name. NOW is when yer healers n crowd controllers get a workout cause after the orc dies it gets hairy. Make sure you pull the orc to dry land and NOT the island he is standing on. When he dies, another named spawns with TONS OF MUMMIES in the pool THey all have a huge agro range and the goal is to not agro too many of em in the process of getting to the final named.
They respawn and fast. All of them have some sort of rez buff on and when you kill em, they repop at their spawn spot until the rez buffs are gone. You can see em as a skull n crossbones icon in their target window. Kill this named and hang around to kill mummies for fun n profit or gate home n sell off yer loot. :)
Oh, I got the snake room n mound rooms backwards, mound THEN snakes btw. Enjoy your dungeon crawl. SOrry for the run on but I have NO CLUE how to do paragraphs in HTML these days. Gettin old.

Nice walkthrough, but could you seperate it some? Because as a giant block of text its a little discouraging to readers.

Re: Walkthru:The Sanctorium | Written by Niskin

Walkthrough: The Sanctorium
Or we like like to call it: The Spankatorium

Overview:
This is an instance zone from the Sinking Sands geared for groups in the mid 40's to low 50's. I duo it with my 52 guardian and a 54 warden bud of mine. PHAT LEWTS and great exp in there if you play it right.

Strategy:
First of all go clockwise. When ya zone in, you're in a tunnel with undead mobs in the 1 to three up range depending on if they're grouped or not. Clear those and you come to a courtyard of sorts. To your right are a pair of epic mobs, lvl 55ish epic x2 if I recall. Ignore them, they will poof soon enough. To your left is where ya wanna go...clockwise remember?...SLOWLY have your tank prox pull the mobs if you are in a small group, if yer full group, then I would say it's safe to nuke pull or however ya do it. Clearing the few roamers in this area, work your way left along the wall to another tunnel,

NOW It gets fun! Clear this tunnel and yer in another cavern. Pull mobs FROM THE WALL to left then go right and clear those. When you have all the roamers cleared, a group of 3 remain in the middle all linked. Target the healer and take him down first or life will get rough. THEN take the named or his buddy whichever the tank decides to spank on. This named usually drops a scout bracer of some sort. Back out of tunnel go left again to the snake room. This one is a bore and takes patience....watch them path a few secs then prox pull the closest snake.Clearing again to get to the named. Then out again and clear a few roamers and snakes in the middle and get the last static named room, lil mound in the way so be careful how ya pull. Both of these rooms drop a few goodies and occasionally a master chest.

NOW clear the main room in the center and goto the hallway where the epics used to be when ya zoned in. You'll see a big pool of water with some mummies worshipping an orc (heh go figure) prox pull the mummies and then the orc becomes attackable. Ortallis I think is the name.

NOW is when your healers and crowd controllers get a workout cause after the orc dies it gets hairy. Make sure you pull the orc to dry land and NOT the island he is standing on. When he dies, another named spawns with TONS OF MUMMIES in the pool THey all have a huge agro range and the goal is to not agro too many of em in the process of getting to the final named. They respawn and fast. All of them have some sort of rez buff on and when you kill them, they repop at their spawn spot until the rez buffs are gone. You can see them as a skull n crossbones icon in their target window. Kill this named and hang around to kill mummies for fun n profit or gate home and sell off your loot.

Oh, I got the snake room and mound rooms backwards, mound THEN snakes btw. Enjoy your dungeon crawl.
SOrry for the run on but I have NO CLUE how to do paragraphs in HTML these days. Gettin

btw, its BB code, not html. sorry for cleaning your post a little, i have OCD

Last edited:
Thank you kind sir......Is there a BB Code Book for Dummies That Also Have OCD but Can't Do Squat About It? Would be a best seller to me. ;)

Walkthru:The Sanctorium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back