• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Vote and post your comments (1 Viewer)

What should we do about precompiles?

• Precompiles should not be included in monthly rewards at all

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Precompiles should have a separate poll with some reward (ie. a months membership) - post your idea

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Leave it as is .. include PreCompiles as a valid contribution to our forum

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Other (Post your idea)

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

armysoldier

RedCents
101¢
Maybe the Admins and mods will take a look at this and we can come to an agreement

Post comments and don't start flaming..

this is meant to bring out the thoughts and opinions of the RedGuides EQ forum subscribers

8-)

i think a separate poll ... and winner of precompiles.. gets a free month to a forum of their choice....

I admit Pre-compile is a contribution .. and should be rewarded

8-)

Army

I am with army, I am new to contributing, but I plan on keeping it up. Precompilers do help the community, they help those who A: cant compile for themselves, or B: people feeling too lazy to compile for themselves, and lastly C: they bring probably bring in the most people buying accounts for the EQ section.

They contribute to keep the community going, while usually not advancing the comunity at all. That is where the main poll comes it, for those who are creating new things, posting great strats and hacks and the like.

I think precompiles should have their own polls as well, but precompilers should also be allowed to be in the normal poll if they contribute more than compiles. I'm afraid though, that people would vote for their favorite compiler in both threads though, but it wouldn't be fair to only be in one thread if they contribute more.

As for prizes, I see no reason compilers should get lesser prizes, exept for that it costs Red money. At least offer the 2nd and 3rd place prizes.

I truely believe that the pre combiles also keep the member base up since it is easier to get a version that has most of the plugins that you use regulary. If the precombilers cant list a VIP Plugin from the macroguest boards like there has been talk of. Then atleast you have half the plugins those that know how to compile the other plugins can do so. The more members here the more strategys and macros and other stuff that is offered to the community.

Cade said:
I think precompiles should have their own polls as well, but precompilers should also be allowed to be in the normal poll if they contribute more than compiles. I'm afraid though, that people would vote for their favorite compiler in both threads though, but it wouldn't be fair to only be in one thread if they contribute more.

As for prizes, I see no reason compilers should get lesser prizes, exept for that it costs Red money. At least offer the 2nd and 3rd place prizes.

I disagree, you precompile you make a choice to not be on a 'real' poll. It takes no skill to do a precompile comparing to pretty much anything else, precompiles aren't anything new so that is out too. I understand most people who subscribe have no skills and just want to cheat, precompiles are probably the largest attraction to that player base so they won't disappear. I understand that and since this is a business nothing can be done about it. The issue is people who actually do have skill and contribute in a real way (I have used some strategies that I thought were awesome and I would never figure out) don't get the recognition. I guess I gave up on this whole thing a while ago but for the sake of others who I believe should be winning the polls I will still voice my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree, you precompile you make a choice to not be on a 'real' poll. It takes no skill to do a precompile comparing to pretty much anything else, precompiles aren't anything new so that is out too. I understand most people who subscribe have no skills and just want to cheat, precompiles are probably the largest attraction to that player base so they won't disappear. I understand that and since this is a business nothing can be done about it. The issue is people who actually do have skill and contribute in a real way (I have used some strategies that I thought were awesome and I would never figure out) don't get the recognition. I guess I gave up on this whole thing a while ago but for the sake of others who I believe should be winning the polls I will still voice my opinion.

I don't see the logic. That's no different than saying because you posted one thing, you won't get credit for posting another, which is completely different. No different than saying because you posted MQ2Switch, you shouldn't be able to get recognition for posting MQ2Task.

And as far as precompiling takes little to no skill, I agree. However, if a compiler did something else, say for example, wrote a completely undetectable Ghost plugin, you say he still has no skill, and should not be elligable?

This is a ridiculous poll, and it is ridiculous to have a poll on this subject.

We already know the majority of people here love compiles, that's why compilers win!

The problem is good contributors are becoming frustrated at the poll-voters lack of recognition. Holding a poll is just going to reinforce that, so I'm going to close this thread.

I am very open to ideas, and army I think you have a lot, as do other people here. I prefer well thought out suggestions to majority polls, so if you have an idea let me know.

Thanks Red.

The main idea for the poll was to spark some thought process by our very smart members.

I i think but the stats on the poll as we see it now .. that a good portion of us think that precompiles should be in a separate poll.

The biggest problem is what to give them if you do this.

Since this sit is $$ driven and it would really not be cost efficient for you to have another Monthly rewards for them ...

what about something lesser... as the idea in the poll ..

just one winner for the precompile poll ...

Given a new Title "TOP DOG COMPILER"
and given a month of free Redguides

no one disputes that when MQ2 is patching several times a week .. it takes s a little effort on the precompilers part....

But as stated by the masses .. it is only doing the leg work any person who comes to this site could do. And its posted for them.

Not trying to belittle the work our precompilers do ..

Just trying to get the folks who contribute other things a chance too

Ok red all done...

8-)

thanks for reopening it

ARMY

I think pre-compilers should get 1 month free. That'll keep them going month to month. All the regular awards should go up for the vote. I don't think pre-compilers should win any of the named prizes, just free access.

I disagree with free access if you make a precomplie. all that will do is flood the place. But I am keen on this idea of having 2 polls. One for the precompiles and one for the Contributions.

I think If a poll is to be done for the Precompiles there should be some standards however to judge them by. Such as If huds are Included, Macros in the Macro Folder, A vast number of Pugins. And The test of test Something that makes them pop or standout. This can be the Hud, the number of plugins, Self created plugins and/or Macros. Just slapping up a version of MQ with Docrack and warp is just sad (baring the post update temp compiles).

Try and show us some originality, make that Complie standout in some way as an extention of yourself.

Theres my 2 cents... *gets down of the Ol Soap Box*

soultaker said:
I disagree with free access if you make a precomplie. all that will do is flood the place. But I am keen on this idea of having 2 polls. One for the precompiles and one for the Contributions.

I think If a poll is to be done for the Precompiles there should be some standards however to judge them by. Such as If huds are Included, Macros in the Macro Folder, A vast number of Pugins. And The test of test Something that makes them pop or standout. This can be the Hud, the number of plugins, Self created plugins and/or Macros. Just slapping up a version of MQ with Docrack and warp is just sad (baring the post update temp compiles).

Try and show us some originality, make that Complie standout in some way as an extention of yourself.

Theres my 2 cents... *gets down of the Ol Soap Box*

i could agree with that Soul ... but i think the Pre-Compilers set themselves apart on their own .. example .. TheZ is the leading votes - if it was just PreCompiles on the vote .. i am sure he would be leading by alot more... he sets himself apart by how well he takes care of his Pre-Compile...

I Feel if we had them on separate pole... it would really come out well ... the Top Dog would show ... and maybe it would encourage some noobs or some folks that are looking to contribute... a way to earn some free time on RG EQ forum.

again I think ONLY top DOG of pre compile should get anything.... and i feel it should be RG EQ forum free time... 1 month .. or maybe 2 ... depends how red feels 8-)

ARMY

Not to speak for red. But I think giving away free months of time is what he likes best. Especially from a business standpoint.....He's losing a couple of dollars instead of buying some fat kid an ipod, overall it works out.

Vote and post your comments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back